Man charged with 3 Portage robberies

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

A man has been charged for allegedly robbing three Portage businesses. The latest crime occurred around 10 a.m. Thursday at Lynns Long Lake Tavern at 8946 Sprinkle Road.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 56 of56
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
EBB

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

test
ARB

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2008

I agree with Ron. Bob is a nice guy with a bit of an attitude, but everybody is entitled to thier own oppinion. If he is guilty, he obviously had some issues in his personal life. Bob will have to live with the situation he has created, but unfortunately so will his family.
Mee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2008

Hello
Mee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2008

Hey, Karma...AKA...Fliped Out...AKA...Nobody Important...AKA...Seriously... ..AKA .....AJ!!!Your opinions are your opinions and for you to actually tell people where he worked just floors me and really something that you probably did not need to tell. So, you need to pull your head out of the sand or should I say your A@@ and actually use it and think before you act -- ater all, isn't that the whole point of this? That we should all think before we act and do or say such hasty things? Yes, i am coming down on you but I know you and you have crossed the line with the majority of your comments and everything that you say to patrons at both of your jobs. The fact of the matter is---You can have your opinions but don't push them off in public to the public especially at your job(s). By the way since you work with the gal from check n go you should know what she is going through and be a friend and not run your mouth to others wherever you go about the whole situation. Don't you want to help her and not hurt her more?
Just Checking

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2008

Judged:

Just checking where I'm from today.
Heart-full

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2008

My heart goes out to Bob's Family and Friends, I can only say this is a tragedy for them and for the victims, both will suffer for the rest of their lives. It's a wake up call to all to watch those you love for signs they need help and be there for them for the good times and the bad times. My Prayers are with both sides, God Bless you all.
pfired

Ahoskie, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2008

I worked with Bob for several years. He was always a jerk to me, but I was on the other side of the fence from him. Bob divided people, he didn't bring them together. There is no middle ground, you love him or you hate him. I'm smart enough to know that that's the way he is. But that is besides the point. What Bob did here is a crime, and should not forgiven, by those who know him or for the victims. To those that think that Bob is a great guy, I offer this quote:

"You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." -Al Capone

So give us a break please. I hope Bob gets better. I hope his family can recover, but no more apologists please. The man is a thug. Thugs belong in prison.
heypgetfired

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2008

every person in a lead position has a few people like you who may or may not meet the expectations set by their supervisor.im only thankful that you are not a politition as the trial hasnt even begun and your ready to send him to prison.are you American? ive also known Bob many years and years and he actually was my supervisor somewhere else.
to be fair

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2008

victims-did someone actually get hurt or even get threatened with bodily harm?not to minimize their ordeal but what if ........the wrong guy is being charged, it certainly wouldnt be the first time.
JBS

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2008

So Yada, Yada, Yada. Every thug has a story.
I new of this Bob guy from Pfizer and he’s no better that any other ‘street thug’– maybe worse. He had a great job and from what I’m hearing just got hung up with drugs. Big deal! How do you spell R-E-H-A-B-E! Pfizer would have gladly sent him to get help, insurance would have covered much if not all the costs and he would still have his job. I know, because I did it and the company treated me with absolute compassion and kindness. Obviously his personality was to take by force instead of asking for help. Too bad. I don’t understand people who are saying this was not like him to do something like this. Bull! It’s exactly what his personality was or he wouldn’t have done it.
What if the gun had gone off, or worse yet, what if there was an off-duty officer in for a beer and a gun battle had erupted? There’s a number of scenarios’, but the bottom line is every time he pulled that gun a person’s life was in the balance and he was playing God. In fact, by law, the only thing he could have done to top pulling a gun was to pull the trigger - intentionally or not. That’s why when crimes are committed with guns, it’s a major felony.
I do understand sympathy for the families of this person, but I’m a whole lot more interested in putting these kinds of people behind bars for exactly what he did. You can be sad for him, maybe sad for the dope dealer he got his stuff from too… I personally am not.
hopeful

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2008

i am at this time regreting saying anything positive and or helping bob when he was in need.i have to say he has changed-for the worst.i am hopeful that justice is served as he still takes and never gives
doesnt matter

Ada, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2009

jbs i agree 100%
doesnt matter

Ada, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2009

amen.
what

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2009

Nice people dont commit crimes. Just ask all of Ted Bundy friends.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

So, what was Bob sentenced to, or what????
maw

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2010

Bob jumped bail - after his parents put it up - don't know anyone who has heard from.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 56 of56
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Portage Discussions

Search the Portage Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Jul 7 maeball 169
Review: Spring Lake Campground (Aug '09) Jul 5 J DeJong 209
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jun 30 TruthBeTold 5,481
I-96 construction an 'absolute nightmare' for b... Jun 27 School craft Sam 2
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Jun 25 lulubell 302
Group claims they have found tarballs down rive... (Dec '13) Jun 15 courtney 5
wanted person faryn lee rynd info Jun 15 anonymous 1
•••
•••
•••
Portage Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Portage Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000