Man charged with 3 Portage robberies

A man has been charged for allegedly robbing three Portage businesses. The latest crime occurred around 10 a.m. Thursday at Lynns Long Lake Tavern at 8946 Sprinkle Road. Full Story
Christal Stricklin

Clarklake, MI

#21 May 13, 2008
I think it would do everyone a little bit of good to understand that showing support and pain isn't equivalent to excusing what Bob is being accused of. Regardless of if you think he's guilty or innocent is completely irrelevant, because I have my opinion, you have yours, and neither of us know for sure which of us is correct. Additionally, stating your opinion as fact, as in 'Bob is guilty three times over,' really undermines your argument due to hasty generalizations.

If your family was dealt a devastating blow, you probably wouldn't want to have complete strangers dehumanizing and heckling that person. If you feel the urge to say such things about Bob, you might want to think again, because someday you might be put in a position where you want society to just shut its mouth, but lord knows it will only get worse.
bright one

Madison, WI

#22 May 13, 2008
prisons are full of good guys.............who made a few bad choices
Pfired

Cary, NC

#23 May 13, 2008
Bob I hope you get better man. Peace.
tyrant mean bob dean

AOL

#24 May 13, 2008
I read the news today, knowing bob, was not surprised . pushing his will on other people
for his own gain. with no regard of the law or
feelings of others,with his self righteous
indifference what role model for thirteen year
old gang members
nob hill

AOL

#25 May 13, 2008
we miss you from nob hill!
isnt that a bar?
bob you are not a nice guy even if you are innocent wave agun in some ones face makes me believe you wanted to shoot some one
dont care

AOL

#26 May 13, 2008
lots of people know bob for being a creep
and dont think this is out of character
it is definitly his character from what i know of bob, he has been victimizing people all the time i have known him
Watcher

United States

#27 May 14, 2008
All I can imagine is drugs must have taken control of his thought process if he truly did this.If he is guilty, his supporters should be thankful he was caught, could he have progressed to pulling the trigger? Would his supporters feel the same way as they do now? How would you feel if a gun was pointed at you as you have flashes of never seeing your family again? Think about it.
1968 mustang

New York, NY

#28 May 14, 2008
Bob was a dedicated and hard worker, none of us will ever no the truth of what has happened here. He was a strong leader who followed the rules and was always willing to jump in and help. Yes people were hurt by these actions, no doubt. Just remember folks that his fate is not for us to decide. Get well soon Bob, I'm sure there is a UIR that requires you're attention! Best wishes to all of you're family and a speedy recovery to you and all that have been harmed.
astonished

New York, NY

#29 May 14, 2008
I must say that I am completely astonished at what I have read here today. No one is saying that, if Bob is guilty, he should go unpunished. No one is saying that His victims are not hurting because of his actions. But I am completely disappointed in the people who are not thinking of his family. If found guilty, innocent until proven guilty, he deserved to be punished..to this everyone agrees. However, people need to also remember that Bob is a father, son, brother to a lot of people who now have to live with what he has done. No need to feel bad for him but do be supportive ans sympathetic to them. Most importantly his children. No matter what he is their Dad and this is hard enough on them without thoughtless remarks hurting THEM more. So, please think of all the people who are effected by this terrible incident. Hate Bob if you want, think him guilty if it makes you happy. But stop writing nasty, inmature messages that serve no perpose but to make you feel big and bad. If yu have something to say to Bob say it to him. NOT his already hurting family.
money and cigarettes

Redmond, WA

#30 May 14, 2008
if it's one thing i've learned this past year is to have some empathy. we all make some stupid choices.
so let's not be too quick to judge folks.

bob, it'll be a long way back up to the top, but here's 2 hoping it all works out for ya.

I get crazy just like you
Lost and lonely too
Like some old flag left flying in the wind
Time has taught me this for sure
Time itself is the only cure
All your blues will turn to gold again
Oh, everyone gets crazy now and then
-from Everyone Gets Crazy by The Highwaymen
fliped out

New York, NY

#31 May 14, 2008
I'm sorry for Bobs family but i know the the lady at check-n-go and she's not doing so well after having a gun pulled in her face and what about her kids or the other two people and there kids?
an ex

Grand Rapids, MI

#32 May 14, 2008
Bobs has never made anyone angrier than me-trust me but the man is innocent of these charges.
Seriously

New York, NY

#33 May 14, 2008
This entire situation is sad, but those on here professing his innocence are obviously not aware of the facts. Yes, in this country we are innocent until proven guilty, but the evidence against Bob is as overwhelming as it comes. Please pull your heads out the sand guys. He committed these crimes, period. The only question is why???
Uncle Brian

AOL

#34 May 14, 2008
Bob is the father of my nephew.He always seemed like a nice guy.Everybody has got their problems.But now all i can do is feel bad for Jimmy.I'm here for ya buddy if you wanna talk.
BAR

Saint Charles, IL

#35 May 14, 2008
WOW Things are shure quite at the plant these days.....
John

Liverpool, NY

#36 May 14, 2008
Where did this guy work and what did he do for a living? Just wondering, I see a lot of posts from coworkers.
Nobody Important

New York, NY

#37 May 15, 2008
He is/was a Production Supervisor at Pfizer.
Ron

Traverse City, MI

#38 May 15, 2008
Bob,

In spite of all the negative blogs here I would like to say that I enjoyed working with you and having you as my supervisor. You personal life is just that, YOURS and you have to deal with what's going on in it, but all the years I knew you I always thought of you as a great guy to work with. I'm not here to pass judgement. That will be left up to the courts to decide! Everybody deals with problems in life in their own way, and it's to bad that things got this crazy in yours. Whatever the outcome ends up being, deal with it and learn from it and get yourself back on track! I know you will face this thing head on and do what you have to do to get past it. There are a few of us from work that will be thinking about you and hoping for the best possible solution to this mess for everyone involved. I hope that the people who were being violated can get past this and move on with their lives as well and in time put this behind them!

RT
New York, NY

#39 May 15, 2008
Anyone who knows him knows he is an A#! Hole. People that don't like him have no responsibility to support him. We have a right to our opinion good or bad, and ours happens to be bad.
Ron

Traverse City, MI

#40 May 16, 2008
Karma,

You can have your opinion and that's okay, but you are wrong to say "anyone" who knows him would feel like you do. You only know the side that pisses you off and so be it! I'm sure that there are people who "only" know you to be an A# Hole, but that doesn't necessarily make you one. Myself and many others knew the good side and the cocky side too and Bob isn't the expletive that you say he is as "we" know him. So unless you were the perfect human being and never said a bad word to anyone or Bob happened to see your charming and thoughtful side and made you aware of it, which ticked you off, stop with the bashing and name calling. If you don't like him, fine, leave the name calling for your relatives!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael E. Guernsey KZ8O (Oct '07) Wed Homo Erectus 37
Al Capone's West Michigan ties: Fact or fun-fic... (Jan '06) Dec 13 tiger74 800
KRESA considers seeking special-ed tax increase... Dec 8 Rick 1
Why are you folks in Michigan so RUDE for? (Dec '10) Dec 7 Rucin 33
YouTube video of Michigan driver prompts probe Dec 7 Rucin 2
How do you improve Michigan Avenue, Stadium Dri... Dec 7 Rucin 2
Adventure Resorts of America Kalamazoo mi (Mar '14) Dec 1 ARA 19
Portage Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web