Man charged with 3 Portage robberies

A man has been charged for allegedly robbing three Portage businesses. The latest crime occurred around 10 a.m. Thursday at Lynns Long Lake Tavern at 8946 Sprinkle Road. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
THE MAN

Detroit, MI

#1 May 9, 2008
ROBBER DEAN is more like it.
WATCH them ROBBERS(*_*).
James Dean

United States

#2 May 9, 2008
Hey that was pretty funny.

You know what else is funny? That was my dad.

Hm, you're a real cut up.

~Jimmy
A Friend of Bobby

Grand Rapids, MI

#3 May 10, 2008
I don't know what is going on with this, I am still in shock, but, I want Bobby to know that he is much loved by his friends at the Nob and we are thinking of him.
jason armstrong

Kalamazoo, MI

#4 May 10, 2008
It's sad to see this. I hope you get your life right again Bob.
Christal Stricklin

Lansing, MI

#5 May 10, 2008
Even though in recent he wasn't technically my "dad", he was for a really, really long time.

I hope things work out -- and that the dean family knows that they have my support, for what it's worth.
Yucky

Peoria, AZ

#6 May 10, 2008
Please say it ain't so. I liked Bob. I worked for him for years. I never knew things were that off balanced in his life. I hope they got the wrong guy. We need you back on third Bob!!!
Sterile Filling

Muskegon, MI

#7 May 10, 2008
This is horrible. I hope it's not true. WWBD
Happy

Michigan Center, MI

#8 May 11, 2008
Sorry Bob was that dumb work is so much better now that he's gone.
vickie

Grand Rapids, MI

#9 May 11, 2008
Happy- i hope your identified and recognized for the inconsiderate ass that you are so that you can be gone too.
A Friend of Bobby

Grand Rapids, MI

#10 May 11, 2008
I am so happy to see that his real friends aren't going to bail on him. He needs us all more than ever now. If you really know Bobby (Chachi) you will know that this is so out of character for him and something is seriously wrong here. He is a good heart.
Chad

Battle Creek, MI

#11 May 11, 2008
jason armstrong wrote:
It's sad to see this. I hope you get your life right again Bob.
I agree, and he needs prayer... not criticism and sarcasm.
Unhappy

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 May 12, 2008
Hey happy - you are one of his slacker employees aren't you? I'm sure most of you co-worker's will say the same thing about you when your gone.
bright one

Madison, WI

#13 May 12, 2008
Let me see if i get this right. He tramatizes clerks 3 different times by sticking a gun in their face (oh, excuse me, alleged). And we should feel sorry for him ??
No Way

Sterling Heights, MI

#14 May 12, 2008
Tell me again why you guys feel sorry for him.
Amanda

Grand Rapids, MI

#15 May 12, 2008
No Way wrote:
Tell me again why you guys feel sorry for him.
We feel sorry for him because we know him, I'm his cousin (but since he's so much older than me, I've always called him uncle) and Bob has never been like this. It is so out of character for him. We who know him all know that something must be really wrong for him to do something like this. He's a great guy, and I really hope he's okay.
People Care

Mooresville, IN

#16 May 12, 2008
Anyone familiar with Bob knows this is completely out of character for him. He was in no way a criminal prior to these tragic incidents. This is a man making nearly six figures in his career, so it is hard for any of us to speculate what pushed Bob to these drastic deeds. Quite frankly, the last robbery seemed to be a cry for help, as it appeared he wanted to be caught. It was equivalent to Norm and Cliff robbing cheers - - the bartender and patrons of the bar knew it was Bob DURING the robbery. None of this condones his behavior, and he will be the first to admit he should be punished for his actions, especially for the fear he put into his victims. However, the people that dearly love him can't even explain what happened, so the bystanders and naysayers really shouldn't even begin to judge Bob. You are in the thoughts and prayers of many Bob. We understand, like you do, that there is severe punishment on the horizon, but we will stand by the Bob that we know as we all try to figure out what triggered this tragedy.
Santa

United States

#17 May 12, 2008
Give the poor guy a break. He didnt kill anyone. Just obviously had some hard times.
michael g

Madison, WI

#18 May 12, 2008
Amanda wrote:
<quoted text>
We feel sorry for him because we know him, I'm his cousin (but since he's so much older than me, I've always called him uncle) and Bob has never been like this. It is so out of character for him. We who know him all know that something must be really wrong for him to do something like this. He's a great guy, and I really hope he's okay.
Yeah, something is really wrong with him. Apparently he's a filthy criminal, three times over. Just because you know him doesn't mean everyone else should feel sorry for him and cut him a break.
shocked

Kalamazoo, MI

#19 May 12, 2008
I've known Bob for a long time. Not really well, but I used to be a very good friend of his sister, Cathy. I've never had a problem with Bob. He just kind of seemed really quiet to me. My heart goes out to his kids and the rest of his family. Yes, what he did was definately wrong and he should be held accountable and do his time for the crime; but, something was obviously very wrong in his life. I don't necessarily feel sorry for him, but I feel sadness for him. We've all fallen on hard times; Bob just made the wrong choices in dealing with those hard times. It's not going to do Bob or anyone else any good to make fun of him or criticize him; he's still a human being. I hope he gets the help that he needs.
Friend

Kalamazoo, MI

#20 May 13, 2008
Personally I donít think Bob committed those robberies. He is a nice person and a hard working man. Bob makes pretty close to a six figure salary. He does not need to rob anyone or any place. I think they have the wrong guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael E. Guernsey KZ8O (Oct '07) Wed Homo Erectus 37
Al Capone's West Michigan ties: Fact or fun-fic... (Jan '06) Dec 13 tiger74 800
KRESA considers seeking special-ed tax increase... Dec 8 Rick 1
Why are you folks in Michigan so RUDE for? (Dec '10) Dec 7 Rucin 33
YouTube video of Michigan driver prompts probe Dec 7 Rucin 2
How do you improve Michigan Avenue, Stadium Dri... Dec 7 Rucin 2
Adventure Resorts of America Kalamazoo mi (Mar '14) Dec 1 ARA 19
Portage Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web