Adventure Resorts of America Kalamazo...

Adventure Resorts of America Kalamazoo mi

Posted in the Portage Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Steve

Portage, MI

#1 Mar 6, 2014
Got a call to come to Adventure Resorts of America in Kalamazoo Mi. They said I won some free camping at there resort, so I went and they really gave a pass to camp there for free. we'll let know how the camping gos but it looks like a real nice place and the staff was nice.
Mike

Portage, MI

#2 Mar 6, 2014
I got the same call last year got the free camping pass I used 3 of the 10 days they cave me it was as nice as it looks they had a lot of activities that weekend for the my kids we had a blast. They even helped me set up my new camper never owned one before real nice people, and this was by far the cleanest campground I've ever been to.
Steve

Portage, MI

#3 Mar 6, 2014
that's good I'll let you know how it gos
Sarah

Portage, MI

#4 Mar 6, 2014
I got a letter asking me to come to this place to get a tablet I won anyone know anything about is
David

Portage, MI

#5 Mar 6, 2014
I got the same letter last week I went out there and they gave it to me they said they just bought the place last year and they are giving away tablets to new potential customer as there form of marketing. all I know is it was a nice place and they gave me my tablet its really worth checking them out.
Sarah

Portage, MI

#6 Mar 6, 2014
Thanks
Tim

Kalamazoo, MI

#7 Aug 11, 2014
me and my wife went to the RV show and entered to win a new truck or $20000. Then they called me too said I won a tablet too, went up there today they got a real nice place and to my surprise they really gave me the table oh yeah and 100 gift card for dinner thanks guys we will tell everyone about you
HAPPY Camper

Kalamazoo, MI

#8 Aug 11, 2014
We've been camping at this resort through three owners these people seem to really be improving this place real nice people real nice resort
Dan and Pam A

Allegan, MI

#9 Aug 19, 2014
we are here camping now in a terrible ran storm the staff was nice enough to come get us in the storm and take us to there lodge to hang out the owner just went to get every one pizza and a movie these guys couldn't be nicer and try any harder to make it fun for everyone
abl3

South Haven, MI

#10 Sep 2, 2014
if this place is on c avenue in kalamazoo becareful
Kayehareeh

Kalamazoo, MI

#11 Sep 4, 2014
abl3 wrote:
if this place is on c avenue in kalamazoo becareful
Why?
unhappy camper

Mendon, MI

#12 Sep 10, 2014
The sales pitch sounds good, but you need to realize that once you buy a membership to this campground you will have to pay maintenance fees forever. It doesn't matter if you use the park or not. Not only can you not always trust what they say--be more concerned about what is not said. I have a gold membership I purchased in 2000 & have been paying maintenance fees for more than 14 years despite never staying a night in the campground. At the time, it seemed a good investment and we were told that because of a limited number of memberships would be sold, our membership was sure to increase in value at time went on. If we ever wanted to part with our membership, they would help us find buyers who would be more than happy to take it off our hands. Life happens & circumstances change.(health issues, drastic drop in income, price of gas, etc.) What I was told the last time I went to get a new membership card,(& listen to the latest & greatest upgrade) was that my membership was basically worthless & I would have to continue to pay maintenance fees in perpetuity even though I may never use the facilities. They did offer to terminate my membership for $1400. I was willing to forfeit my original investment & they could keep the fees paid to date, but that is not good enough. I can not even give my membership away.(If anyone wants it, I will be happy to transfer it to you for free. I just want my membership terminated. If you're interested, just let me know through this forum.) I am now asking the AG or Michigan to look into this matter.
abl3

Dansville, MI

#13 Sep 10, 2014
Kayehareeh wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
We just bought out of our membership and I am thrilled to be done with people that can lie when they sell you something.
unhappy camper

Mendon, MI

#14 Sep 10, 2014
abl3 wrote:
<quoted text>
We just bought out of our membership and I am thrilled to be done with people that can lie when they sell you something.
I really don't mean to be nosey, but can I ask how much it took to terminate your membership. I really despise having to pay blood money, but I am curious about what it might take to be done with these folks too.
Just not right

Novi, MI

#15 Sep 10, 2014
abl3 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to know what it cost you to get out of your membership also. I have a complaint with the Attorney Generals office also. They are nice as long as they are getting your money.
Suspicious

West Lafayette, IN

#17 Sep 19, 2014
My husband signed up to win a truck, $20,000, and other prizes at an RV show. This placed called us repeatedly, but would never leave a message. My husband finally answered and they told us he won a tablet and $100 gift card, but we had to go to their resort on a specific day at a designated time. We agreed, but had a few more questions after the initial call. My husband could not get anyone to answer or respond to his messages. We went, listened to their membership pitch, and took the tour. We had more questions about membership locations, pricing, etc., but they would not give us any paperwork to read or look over. The pitchman kept jumping from one type or membership to another with different pricing, locations, options, etc., but still no brochures or paperwork to read. He never gave a straight when asked specific questions about the resort, options, ownership, etc. We thought it all seemed suspicious, but we still camped there for the night. We started talking to the other regular members and they said get everything in writing. One couple said their membership dues go to a collection agency. Another couple said power had been shut off and garbage not picked up because of unpaid bills by the owners. All the improvements we were told were to be completed by Spring 2015, but the other members said they have been hearing that for the last 13 years. In the end, we did receive the free tablet, but $100 gift card we were promised they were out of at the time. They said they would mail it to us, but we have yet to see it. We doubt we will.
unhappy camper

Muskegon, MI

#18 Sep 22, 2014
abl3 wrote:
They wanted fees for 5 years dues which they told me was $900s. We had just paid $180 for our yearly dues so they told us if we paid $720 today we would be out. I told the man it was too steep. Then he wanted to know what would we pay. My husband told him $500. The guy came back a few minutes later and told us they would go $560. We wrote a check and signed the aperwork to be released from our contract.
Thanks for your reply. 5 years seems to be what they always trot out as a starting point, but 2 years maintenance fees seems to be what they would settle for. I am so wary of these folks that I would feel it necessary to take their release form to an attorney to make sure I would truly be done with these people, whom I consider to be a whole lot less than honest.
happy camper

Allegan, MI

#21 Dec 1, 2014
great park good people come check it out
ARA

Allegan, MI

#22 Dec 1, 2014
this is a great park with lots of fun things to do. it been under new management for only a few months and we have already made a lot of updates and changes. ARA can not help what the previous management did or didnt do. how ever we will continue to offer a great family oriented place for you and your family to stay at.
HAPPY CAMPER

Kalamazoo, MI

#23 Jan 9, 2015
unhappy camper wrote:
The sales pitch sounds good, but you need to realize that once you buy a membership to this campground you will have to pay maintenance fees forever. It doesn't matter if you use the park or not. Not only can you not always trust what they say--be more concerned about what is not said. I have a gold membership I purchased in 2000 & have been paying maintenance fees for more than 14 years despite never staying a night in the campground. At the time, it seemed a good investment and we were told that because of a limited number of memberships would be sold, our membership was sure to increase in value at time went on. If we ever wanted to part with our membership, they would help us find buyers who would be more than happy to take it off our hands. Life happens & circumstances change.(health issues, drastic drop in income, price of gas, etc.) What I was told the last time I went to get a new membership card,(& listen to the latest & greatest upgrade) was that my membership was basically worthless & I would have to continue to pay maintenance fees in perpetuity even though I may never use the facilities. They did offer to terminate my membership for $1400. I was willing to forfeit my original investment & they could keep the fees paid to date, but that is not good enough. I can not even give my membership away.(If anyone wants it, I will be happy to transfer it to you for free. I just want my membership terminated. If you're interested, just let me know through this forum.) I am now asking the AG or Michigan to look into this matter.
I would be glad to take your membership for this place its close to home and my kids love it there we have been going there with my brother. let me know how we can get in touch

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jack elliott Jun 23 ? 1
Review: Spring Lake Campground (Aug '09) Jun 12 Tom 247
wanted person faryn lee rynd info (Jun '14) May '16 Zach 2
New!!! Kalamazoo Cobras Professional Minor Leag... May '16 AmberCobra16 1
Jr Trinidad Ramírez, what ever name he wants to... May '16 Brandy 4
News Al Capone's West Michigan ties: Fact or fun-fic... (Jan '06) May '16 mandi10 816
News 18-year-old Detroit man shot over $400 Nike Air... (Dec '12) Apr '16 Poo-Bear 36
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portage Mortgages