Police asking public to stay inside a...

Police asking public to stay inside as flooding worsens

There are 15 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Sep 14, 2008, titled Police asking public to stay inside as flooding worsens. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

KALAMAZOO CO., Mich. -- Portage police are asking area residents to stay inside their homes for their safety as increasing winds, continuing rain, flooding and ground saturation are making traveling in the area ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

English your 2nd

Holland, MI

#1 Sep 15, 2008
Great reporting WOOD! If you guys could string two or more sentences together, it would be a miracle. Your site is always the worst to read since everything is very choppy. My 4th grader should get a job there since he writes at least as well.
Concerned Citizen

Zeeland, MI

#2 Sep 15, 2008
Where was this information yesterday when my son was stuck in Indiana just outside of Chicago and heard roads were closed north into Michigan but not one travel report to confirm or to give alternate routes. Or my niece who was on that Amtrak train stalled in New Buffalo and we were struggling to find word of what the alternative plan was. This in-depth story was not on the sight at 6:00 last night yet. Only the first two or three paragraphs.
jenobe

Attica, OH

#3 Sep 15, 2008
I am sorry to here of the inconvenience anyone has had because of the rain and flooding. If anyone has water damage in their home and you need a service company to contact, you should call 1-800 water damage and you will be directed to the nearest location. The company is located along the lakeshore. They are very compassionate and professional people to work with.
Bill

UK

#4 Sep 15, 2008
When I left the States this time, we were talking about how dry it had been in Michigan. Everybody was hoping and praying for rain. Well, I guess we got what we asked for.
Otsego Worker

United States

#5 Sep 15, 2008
ALSO, the bridge over N. Farmer St. and the bridge over the cross street west of that are closed because of the possibility of storm surge if a temporary dam in Plainwell breaks. Thanks for your research News 8!
Otsego Worker

United States

#6 Sep 15, 2008
English your 2nd wrote:
Great reporting WOOD! If you guys could string two or more sentences together, it would be a miracle. Your site is always the worst to read since everything is very choppy. My 4th grader should get a job there since he writes at least as well.
100% AMEN!
ANN

Holland, MI

#7 Sep 15, 2008
mother nature needs to change her depends. to something else. enough already!!!!!! we did have enough rain. lets hope that we can now dry out from all this. does this mean we will have less snow? can you answer that news 8 ?
ANN

Holland, MI

#8 Sep 15, 2008
well at least the ducks are happy!!!!
ANN

Holland, MI

#9 Sep 15, 2008
news 8 should do more reporting from holland mi we feel left out
dryhero

Portage, MI

#10 Sep 15, 2008
jenobe wrote:
I am sorry to here of the inconvenience anyone has had because of the rain and flooding. If anyone has water damage in their home and you need a service company to contact, you should call 1-800 water damage and you will be directed to the nearest location. The company is located along the lakeshore. They are very compassionate and professional people to work with.
Do they sub their leads to you?
tim

Canton, MI

#11 Sep 15, 2008
ANN wrote:
news 8 should do more reporting from holland mi we feel left out
stop crying.....we have enough water
questioning authority

Allegan, MI

#12 Sep 15, 2008
Wow - nice map and clear description of the closed off streets. Thank you! None of Kalamazoo's local 'news' sites have such comprehensive information. Figures
Stereotype

United States

#13 Sep 15, 2008
Kalamazoo sucks
Obamas wife

Greenville, MI

#14 Sep 15, 2008
These floods are Bush's fault. I hate America.
rain rain go away

Grandville, MI

#15 Sep 15, 2008
Thanks IKE!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2005 f350 6.o power stroke Nov 22 Brad thomas 1
News Cher sympathizes with Trump supporters, slams h... Nov 16 Aspirin Between M... 30
News GR man charged in 2002 Kalamazoo murder (Aug '08) Nov 13 patty Ellard 27
vote trump Nov 7 etrump 1
We in Michigan can still change our vote..THE C... Nov 5 MAGA2016 1
News Kalamazoo teen will never get out of prison Nov '16 Rick 1
Will Mattawan ever get broadband high speed int... (Oct '07) Oct '16 Stover 49

Portage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portage Mortgages