Permission needed before commenting o...

Permission needed before commenting on southern Ontario oil pipeline

There are 2 comments on the The Hamilton Spectator story from Apr 8, 2013, titled Permission needed before commenting on southern Ontario oil pipeline. In it, The Hamilton Spectator reports that:

Anyone who wants to comment on plans by Enbridge to revamp its oil pipeline through the Greater Toronto and Hamilton area must ask permission to write a letter to Canada's pipeline regulator.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Hamilton Spectator.

Watcher

Toronto, Canada

#1 Apr 9, 2013
Richard Start

Battle Creek, MI

#2 Apr 9, 2013
Let us put aside the Free Speech issue for one moment and forgive this rudeness please but with the runaway cost of fuel and our over dependence on foreign countries I do feel inspired to ask the question. Why do we let the Gestapo tactics of Organizations like Greenpeace and Environmental Defense continue to run our Environmental Protection Agency EPA to a level that we can’t possible bring or develop fuel at a lower cost to our citizens? Now “Gestapo tactics” may seem a strong word to use here but our country has created a system where companies can’t build refineries because of the legal and regulatory cost and we as citizens suffer. If you followed the now defunct 13 acre Olds mobile plant in Detroit setting on ruined ground you might realize no one can do any thing there except junkies. The cost to fix it is too high, due in part to our Regulatory Standards. If some one buys it, they will be forever responsible and no one can afford it, one man tried and is ruined. Some would childishly say companies would do the same thing again, but just as children learn companies do too. The cost of retuning to business done cheap and sloppy would be too great a risk for them and a strong EPA will keep that in check while an over bearing one coupled with other environmental bullies will return us to the stone age, some of the extremist in their groups consider that a goal.
Given all that I now ask the question, why is it necessary to ask permission in writing Ontario about a Their Pipe Line running through our back yard? Is it because Federal Government wants to control this issue as they see fit or if you read the last line of the article is it another bully tactic by Greenpeace and Environmental Defense to force oil reserves away from us. I don’t have the answer, which is for the Press to investigate and report in a non discriminatory way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 18-year-old Detroit man shot over $400 Nike Air... (Dec '12) 8 hr Meanie 18
Sorriest Radio Amateur of ALL TIME KZ8O of Pa... (Jan '11) Sun CDN 6
News Al Capone's West Michigan ties: Fact or fun-fic... (Jan '06) Sat Hello 808
News Judge gives Kalamazoo Co. green light to sell w... (Oct '14) Aug 14 ray 2
Michael E. Guernsey KZ8O (Oct '07) Aug 11 CDN 42
DeVere Construction Superintendent/ Supervisor ... Aug 7 GetYourMoneyBack 1
Adventure Resorts of America Kalamazoo mi (Mar '14) Aug 6 Dee 46
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portage Mortgages