Portage high schools to add more tenn...

Portage high schools to add more tennis courts

There are 1 comment on the Kalamazoo Gazette story from Mar 31, 2009, titled Portage high schools to add more tennis courts. In it, Kalamazoo Gazette reports that:

The tennis courts were included in $30 million in construction contracts approved by the board at a special meeting Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kalamazoo Gazette.

Allegan, MI

#1 Apr 14, 2009
wow. Portage is going to get rid of most of their custodial employees by hiring a private cleaning company, so that they can save $$. Now with the $$ that they will be saving, apparently, they are going to put up more tennis courts. I guess people don't mean anything anymore.
I lived in Portage for 40 years and moved out of there about 5 yrs ago. It use to have that small town feel, now it's going the same way as Kazoo. It's an ugly city and I will never go back there. The drug problem is as bad a Kazoo's, if not worse, and half of the apartment complexes are run by slum lords. Just take a drive thru MapleRidge Apts and you will see that it's full of crack heads, meth labs and welfare babies. Heck, the office staff welcomes the dopers.
Totally disgusted with how Portage has let greed ruin what was once a nice family-oriented community.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are you folks in Michigan so RUDE for? (Dec '10) Oct 18 Syzygy 50
News Al Capone's West Michigan ties: Fact or fun-fic... (Jan '06) Oct 10 Lizzee 817
Mann & Hummel in Dunlap Tennessee. Oct 2 Why 1
Trump for President, He will win. watch Sep '16 Go Blue Forever 2
News Billionaire rescues Michigan city with cash to ... Sep '16 Rick 1
Foreign Links Around the Globe Sep '16 Davis 1
Will Mattawan ever get broadband high speed int... (Oct '07) Sep '16 Mattawan Momma 48

Portage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portage Mortgages