ddolph

Novi, MI

#244 Aug 5, 2014
sent them a registered letter and cancelled my $7000 paid membership that I couldn't even give away.
So guess what collection agency just called to collect my annual dues.

Just wonderful!

Would love to see a group action brought against them.
donna

Novi, MI

#247 Aug 5, 2014
If you select "add to my tracker or send me an email" when someone posts, you can make contact before SRL has your post removed. Also if you post email address to contact each other if someone does have help getting out of this con job.
Donna

Novi, MI

#249 Aug 6, 2014
SLR has deleted your posts from Aug because of your email posting. Any contact information gets deleted as abuse by them.
ddolph wrote:
sent them a registered letter and cancelled my $7000 paid membership that I couldn't even give away.
So guess what collection agency just called to collect my annual dues.
Just wonderful!
Would love to see a group action brought against them.
unhappy camper

United States

#250 Aug 15, 2014
I wrote a review of Spring Lake Resort in this forum & have yet to see it posted. Everything that I wrote was true, civil, etc. People need to know that once they sign on the dotted line, you are a member forever & membership dues will be expected for your lifetime, period. They determine if they will ever let you terminate a membership & how much it will cost you to do it. We paid cash for our original membership in 2000 & faithfully paid fees since then, despite having not spent one night there ever. They have threatened to sick a collection agency on me & ruin my credit if payments don't continue. I was perfectly willing to surrender my membership & they could keep member dues for 14 yrs. That was not enough. I was offered $1400 for termination fee. Then shortly before I got up & left $540 was the offer. Obviously this is arbitrary & not specified in writing anywhere. I hope this time people can view this. Is it true that resort folks can remove posting? By the way, if you are a supporter of these people's practices or love the resort, I will "give" free of charge you my membership. You will have to pay maintenance fees forever, but at least you will know.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#252 Aug 15, 2014
To locate free or low cost legal assistance:

Visit the Michiganlegalaid.org home page and search for local assistance by entering your zip code in the box marked “Find a lawyer, organization or related service to help you with your problem.” or

Look under "attorneys" in the yellow pages to find your local legal aid office, or

Contact the Michigan State Bar Lawyer Referral Service at (800) 968- 0738.

Persons age 60 or older, regardless of their income, may be able to receive free advice from the Legal Hotline for Michigan Seniors by calling (800) 347-5297.
Donna

Novi, MI

#254 Aug 15, 2014
If a business does not already have your cell phone information do not respond to them on your cell phone by you calling or texting them back because they can contact you costing you money and data usage. Use a landline even if you have to call from a pay phone.
Donna

Novi, MI

#255 Aug 15, 2014
Thanks for this information. I'm sure 60+ members can use this information.
Not a Happy Camper1 wrote:
To locate free or low cost legal assistance:
Visit the Michiganlegalaid.org home page and search for local assistance by entering your zip code in the box marked “Find a lawyer, organization or related service to help you with your problem.” or
Look under "attorneys" in the yellow pages to find your local legal aid office, or
Contact the Michigan State Bar Lawyer Referral Service at (800) 968- 0738.
Persons age 60 or older, regardless of their income, may be able to receive free advice from the Legal Hotline for Michigan Seniors by calling (800) 347-5297.
unhappy camper

Metamora, MI

#256 Aug 16, 2014
I noticed I haven't gotten any takers on my "free campground membership." I wonder why that is. I might be interested in some type of group action. Personally, I think that's the best way to go. I am serious about the giveaway if someone is really interested.
jst_lee at yahoo com

Novi, MI

#257 Aug 16, 2014
People need to supply contact informations
unhappy camper wrote:
I noticed I haven't gotten any takers on my "free campground membership." I wonder why that is. I might be interested in some type of group action. Personally, I think that's the best way to go. I am serious about the giveaway if someone is really interested.
unhappy camper

Metamora, MI

#258 Aug 16, 2014
jst_lee at yahoo com wrote:
People need to supply contact informations
<quoted text>
The reason many people do not is because they are afraid of retaliation or harassment. If you are serious, please leave me a safe way to contact you and we can go from there.
jst_lee at yahoo com

Novi, MI

#259 Aug 16, 2014
email is my name
You have to get it before SLR deletes post.
unhappy camper wrote:
<quoted text> The reason many people do not is because they are afraid of retaliation or harassment. If you are serious, please leave me a safe way to contact you and we can go from there.
unhappy camper

Richmond, MI

#260 Aug 18, 2014
I still have no takers for my free camp membership to Spring Lake Resort. I have contacted the BBB of West Michigan & the Attorney General of MI. If you feel like you too were sold a bill of goods, not getting services you expected, or found yourself with no good way out of a "lifetime" contract, you too need to do the same. The powers that be can do nothing to stop these abusive practices if they are not aware of them. As I said before, a group action is something that might be needed. For you people at SLR--my membership is yours for taking. Just terminate my membership.
jst_lee at yahoo com

Novi, MI

#261 Aug 18, 2014
Most of the members on here feel the same as you and are looking to each other for help and advice. Need to be able to contact each other. jst_lee at yahoo com
unhappy camper wrote:
I still have no takers for my free camp membership to Spring Lake Resort. I have contacted the BBB of West Michigan & the Attorney General of MI. If you feel like you too were sold a bill of goods, not getting services you expected, or found yourself with no good way out of a "lifetime" contract, you too need to do the same. The powers that be can do nothing to stop these abusive practices if they are not aware of them. As I said before, a group action is something that might be needed. For you people at SLR--my membership is yours for taking. Just terminate my membership.
shelleytutoring at gmail

Battle Creek, MI

#262 Sep 20, 2014
ddolph wrote:
sent them a registered letter and cancelled my $7000 paid membership that I couldn't even give away.
So guess what collection agency just called to collect my annual dues.
Just wonderful!
Would love to see a group action brought against them.
I would love to join the group action lawsuit!!! Let me know how to be a part of it.
Meg

Fort Wayne, IN

#263 Oct 13, 2014
We lost so much money, time and energy trying to get out of our contract. The people are horrid to work with. The place is a joke. They lie. Run as fast as you can from this offer!!!!!
Wooly

Clare, MI

#264 Oct 13, 2014
The customer service at Spring Lake is terrible. The sales people lied to us and went as far as showing us an RCI book. He said they were a part of them. I immediately called the next day and that's when the run around happened. Nobody calls you back and nobody ever answers. This is a total scam.
Wooly

Clare, MI

#265 Oct 13, 2014
I would also join a group lawsuit.
Donna

Novi, MI

#266 Oct 13, 2014
If you want out of your contracts you need to write a complaint letter to the Attorney Generals office. They will help you but you don't get any of your money back. Just peace of mind that you will never have to pay anymore money to those people. I just got out and know of several other people who have too. Only took me 2 months to hear back from them. Good Luck
help

Allendale, MI

#267 Oct 13, 2014
Donna wrote:
If you want out of your contracts you need to write a complaint letter to the Attorney Generals office. They will help you but you don't get any of your money back. Just peace of mind that you will never have to pay anymore money to those people. I just got out and know of several other people who have too. Only took me 2 months to hear back from them. Good Luck
What address did you send the letter to. They have so many am not sure what would be the correct one. Thanks for the help
Donna

Novi, MI

#268 Oct 13, 2014
help wrote:
<quoted text>
What address did you send the letter to. They have so many am not sure what would be the correct one. Thanks for the help
Just go to Michigan Attorney Generals website or copy and paste this link. There is a lot of information to check out including collection agencies rules they have to go by.

www.michigan.gov/ag/0,4534,7-164-17331---,00....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any girls wanna f*ck? Apr 23 theguilt 1
Probation/Drug Testig (Oct '13) Apr 16 sawyer 3
Michael E. Guernsey, 2026 Parchment Rd, Kalamzo... (Aug '11) Apr 14 CDN 2
Sorriest Radio Amateur of ALL TIME KZ8O of Pa... (Jan '11) Apr 13 CDN 4
News Al Capone's West Michigan ties: Fact or fun-fic... (Jan '06) Apr 13 granddaughterbaby... 802
What Happened? Apr 11 Just Me 1
Adventure Resorts of America Kalamazoo mi (Mar '14) Apr 6 Will and Laurie 33
More from around the web

Portage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]