Hydroponic marijuana bust at Portage home

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

Acting on a tip, officers searched a Portage home and seized two pounds of hydroponic marijuana, digital scales and some cash.
Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Dec 28, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Allen

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Mar 13, 2008
Don't they have something better to do with my tax dollars. Now I have to pay for room and board (in jail) for some idiot who wasn't hurting anyone.

The only reason a 'weed' sells for $3,500 to $5,000 a pound is BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL. The drug "business" is only a business because of the ignorant and wrong headed laws.

Just as 11 years of alcohol prohibition gave criminals fortunes, the wrong people are getting billions.

You know, don't you that because it is illegal, that the suppliers are immune from all civic law liability and taxes?

YOU create this situation. YOU make it a profitable business.
Lakeshore

West Bloomfield, MI

#2 Mar 13, 2008
In 1933, while dictating to Congress why marijuana should not be legal, the U.S. Drug Commissioner Harry J. Anslinger said it "caused white women to have relations with black men". It is a raciest law that is as outdated as slavery. What a shame so much of our tax dollars I spent combating this drug when it seems that the prosecution of marijuana cases causes much more harm then it's use.
EQUATE THIS

Mesquite, NV

#3 Mar 13, 2008
TAKE THE HOME AND SELL IT AT AUCTION
AND USE THE MONEY TO PREVENT MORE OF THE SAME ?
clarification

Grand Blanc, MI

#4 Mar 13, 2008
Hydro gardening had no effect other than increasing the speed of harvest. This holds true to any plant. I've eaten hydroponic tomatoes that didn't seem to have elevated vitamin C levels. Bible belt idiot reporting at it's boogie man finest.
charlie

United States

#5 Mar 14, 2008
what a dummy brain must be fried eggs already , never sell drugs at the place you grow it.
lastsaneone

United States

#6 Mar 14, 2008
What a load of crap, it's no more potent and worth no more money than outdoor grown pot. Another fabel as told by the so called Athorities to keep their lie going. No one, absolutly NO ONE would pay even $1,000, per lb. EVER, PERIOD !
He shouldn't have been selling it, but thats no reason to completely and absolutly lie about the subject just to keep your lie and your income going, What a joke.
How can these parasites live with themselves, you are all liars and hippocrites.
There are no lengths you people will not go to to justify your paycheck,( even lie through your teeth ).
Does anyone know the difference between welfare rats and cops, prosecutors, public defenders, judges, clerks. probation officers , ect., ect., ect.,????????
There is no difference , both are worthless burdens on the poor tax payer, the only upside is that people on welfare still have a chance at redemption, ie: get a job and pay you own way through life, where the rest have no hope, they chose to be worthless liars that provide no service to the public at all, just the burden of having to COMPLETELY SUPPORT THEIR WRTHLESS HIDES.
slip

Holland, MI

#7 Mar 14, 2008
I agree with clarification 100%. Why is it that reporters can't check out what the are told?? Total Hogwash. The growing method has no impact on potency. Potency is controled strickly by genetics and plant maturity. Oh well, go ahead, spread the hogwash News 8.

“Yea.. Ya Think So..”

Since: Mar 08

gREENvILLE

#8 Mar 14, 2008
Allen wrote:
Don't they have something better to do with my tax dollars. Now I have to pay for room and board (in jail) for some idiot who wasn't hurting anyone.
The only reason a 'weed' sells for $3,500 to $5,000 a pound is BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL. The drug "business" is only a business because of the ignorant and wrong headed laws.
Just as 11 years of alcohol prohibition gave criminals fortunes, the wrong people are getting billions.
You know, don't you that because it is illegal, that the suppliers are immune from all civic law liability and taxes?
I agree, this is bullsh!t. just make it legal already!
Tokin white guy

Middleville, MI

#9 Mar 14, 2008
Lakeshore wrote:
In 1933, while dictating to Congress why marijuana should not be legal, the U.S. Drug Commissioner Harry J. Anslinger said it "caused white women to have relations with black men".
I'm not black, i am hung like a baby...8lbs. 4oz. and 23 1/2" inches long, and let me tell you something about pot. Its true, every bit of it. I went to that house to buy a bag 'o the white rhino, and who should i run into? Maryann from Gilligans island. Crazy man, she was dancin on this pole the dude had set up in his house. Anyway, i talked her in to going to my house to twist up a couple big fatties, and after that I was bangin her like a screen door in a hurricane. So its true, pot makes the mamis crave the magic stick.

BTW, 3500.00 to 5000.00....the first rule to remember: "Weed, not greed my friend. We can't sell what Mother Nature gives us."
BumBud

Nashville, TN

#10 Mar 28, 2008
Whatever ignorant folks who 'dont know' the truth. By growing weed hydroponically or in such a controlled environment, I have 'heard' that the by product is a much more potent crop. This is due to the consistent temperature, nutrients, etc and the lack of seeds. When seeds are introduced into the crop, the plant starts pushing more to supporting the seeds growth than supporting the production of flowers which is what marijuana is. So, before you people start speaking about the reporters not knowing about what makes for a more potent crop, do your danm research or shut the fukc up. period, case close. dot com. im out!
priavet

Fernandina Beach, FL

#11 Apr 2, 2008
lastsaneone wrote:
What a load of crap, it's no more potent and worth no more money than outdoor grown pot. Another fabel as told by the so called Athorities to keep their lie going. No one, absolutly NO ONE would pay even $1,000, per lb. EVER, PERIOD !
He shouldn't have been selling it, but thats no reason to completely and absolutly lie about the subject just to keep your lie and your income going, What a joke.
How can these parasites live with themselves, you are all liars and hippocrites.
There are no lengths you people will not go to to justify your paycheck,( even lie through your teeth ).
Does anyone know the difference between welfare rats and cops, prosecutors, public defenders, judges, clerks. probation officers , ect., ect., ect.,????????
There is no difference , both are worthless burdens on the poor tax payer, the only upside is that people on welfare still have a chance at redemption, ie: get a job and pay you own way through life, where the rest have no hope, they chose to be worthless liars that provide no service to the public at all, just the burden of having to COMPLETELY SUPPORT THEIR WRTHLESS HIDES.
I know people who spend 1000 buck on 2 oz's

“Yea.. Ya Think So..”

Since: Mar 08

gREENvILLE

#12 Apr 3, 2008
priavet wrote:
<quoted text>
I know people who spend 1000 buck on 2 oz's
Yea, I know people like that too. We call them junkies.
legalize it already

Wayland, MI

#13 Apr 3, 2008
Allen wrote:
What a crock. Just more bullsh*t propaganda from our government. Anyone seen "Reefer Madness"? Ok, we all know the pot laws are highly outdated. Now they defend those laws with inconclusive studies that claim pot leads to heavier drugs. Well dinner sometimes leads to fattening, artery clogging desserts, but I don't see Big Brother trying to make my lasagna illegal! This is retarded. If pot were legal and regulated, we'd free up a LOT of space in our prisons. Treat it like alcohol. Keep driving under the influence illegal if you like, but possession and use of pot should be no more illegal than cigarettes or booze. I'm tired of the weak-a$$ lies the government tells us. That's why I voted for RON PAUL in the primaries. Too bad more of us didn't...

Since: Jul 07

Key West

#14 Apr 3, 2008
The better the weed that the seeds come from is, the better your crop will be. If the weed the seeds came from was no good, your crop will probably not be any better.

Who's your Daddy?!
Man of the moment

Missouri City, TX

#15 Apr 24, 2009
Lastsaneone has their head up their ass with a firecracker in their teeth... Anyone who can have the audacity to judge something they have no experience or true knowledge about is a fool. Real people who sell drugs to make a living aren't just pretentious "bad boys" trying to gain some notoriety and attention from their peers like the ones you've most likely met in your life, some of these folks are forced into positions in life, ie they come from a poor background, live in poverty, or have a felony background, or all of the above (just to name a few reasons) and this is truly the best way they can survive their way out of a rock and a hard place. I understand you hate drug pushers, but you must understand there is a side of the fence you have no idea about & anyone who knows that and reads your comment can see that about you. And just for the record,$1000 isn't even enough to get you a LB in some places in this country.

Yeah, this thread is a year old but I just had to come in and drop a words for the next person that stumbles up like I did. Peace. 100%

“DRILL FOR OIL?, "YES WE CAN"”

Since: Jul 08

Saranac, MI

#16 Apr 24, 2009
I always feel so sorry for pot plants.
Too bad they didn't get the people who brought in the heroin my neice got hooked on, I guess they where looking for pot plants or cigs instead.

“So what!!”

Since: Apr 08

Lakeview, Mi.

#17 Apr 25, 2009
Mary Sunshine wrote:
The better the weed that the seeds come from is, the better your crop will be. If the weed the seeds came from was no good, your crop will probably not be any better.
Who's your Daddy?!
I am. Hemp...poo weed....sativa good mex, lumbo..indica...great afgani hash!!
Parks and Rec

Maple Grove, MN

#18 Apr 25, 2009
superFLY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, I know people like that too. We call them junkies.
So someone who smokes pot is a junky?

Somebody is slightly out of touch.

Oz go for $400 a pop around here, so paying $1000 for 2 in the bible belt is pretty avg.

Only reason it's so expensive is because of the risk involved. Take the risk out, have the govt sell it, and BAM! prices plummet and people stop robbing and stealing for something that grows wild in this country.
Stunned

United States

#19 Nov 2, 2013
What are u talking about. Potency has everything to do with how it's grown. If you don't know that it's no wonder you fools pay so much for it.lol people pay several grang a pound in Cali and its legal there.
Time has come

Kalamazoo, MI

#20 Dec 23, 2013
It needs to be legal, but pfizer won't like that neither would major breweries or the worst of them all the federal/local governments, it's a major $ maker. I could go in for days with this crap, it's a weed not a drug with multiple medical purposes, they have kids buying synthetic garbage from china it's got to change. Do our votes or voices even matter?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking For Online Musicians Aug 26 bertino12 2
MDOT: Oct. 11 contractor deadline for freeway o... Aug 25 Steve 1
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Aug 23 Truthisgood 115
Trina L. Peake, 25, charged with murder in Kala... (Apr '12) Aug 21 mistycole 6
Adventure Resorts of America Kalamazoo mi Aug 19 Dan and Pam A 9
Review: Spring Lake Campground (Aug '09) Aug 18 jst_lee at yahoo ... 233
Al Capone's West Michigan ties: Fact or fun-fic... (Jan '06) Aug 17 Capital Airlines 795
•••
•••
•••

Portage Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Portage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Portage News, Events & Info