Aaron Phelps gets 15 years in prison

Aaron Phelps gets 15 years in prison

There are 37 comments on the Chesterton Tribune story from Mar 12, 2008, titled Aaron Phelps gets 15 years in prison. In it, Chesterton Tribune reports that:

The 17-year-old Valparaiso boy who was charged as an adult after police said that he drove a car into a semi while fleeing a detective in August 2007-an accident in which one of his passengers died-has been ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chesterton Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
laura

La Salle, IL

#21 Nov 16, 2009
BrandiesMomFails2 wrote:
Ashely - first off, I find you saying leave him in a room with her mother as a stupid thing to say. It's not as if her mother was around enough to really give a damn or the girl wouldn't have went to another state with someone now would she of. I would think not! Brandies parents lost their child in an accident - no where did it say that the boy wanted her to die or held a gun to her head and forced her to go with him now does it. Her mother cared so much that she didn't give a damn and let her girl go to another state with a kid they didn't know. They let their daughter go to another state with a kid they didn't know because why? I assume they let her go with him because she was such the perfect child... BS!!! So yea stupid ass, she was such a good girl my ass! How about you put me in a room with Brandies parents so I can tell them how they failed their own daughter! Their daughter that ran off with a few friends to another state while her mother didn't do shit about it. Wow, guess Brandies mom deserves the mother of the year award - for being a failure who didn't know her own daughter enough to know what all she was up to! Get your facts straight bitch!
You fail Randy, Pat & David; you can't control your son/grandson.
Randy you are a pieace of shit dad that's why your mom & dad was taking cae ofAaron for so many years!!!!!!!!!!
laura

La Salle, IL

#22 Nov 16, 2009
aaron phelps wrote:
honestly this is not a joke
Get off this site you dumb ass; a girl died and you're trying to joke about it???? you're stupid!!!
laura

La Salle, IL

#23 Nov 16, 2009
Michelle wrote:
NO JUSTICE!!!! THATS WHAT HAPPENED! BRANDIE DIED,AND THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE GETS OFF EASY. AND WHY BECAUSE NO BODY CARES ABOUT THE LIFE THE CRAP KID TOOK. I WOULD BE WILLING TO BET IF THIS HAD BEEN SOMEONE IMPORTANT CHILD FROM THE AREA ONLY THEN MAYBE WOULD HE HAVE GOTTEN THE TIME HE DESERVES, FOR MURDERING A 15 YEAR OLD GIRL.AND WHY DID SHE DIE,BECAUSE THE PIECE OF GARBAGE IS DAMAGED PRODUCT, AND THESE DAYS YOU GET OFF EASY WHEN YOU HAD A HARD CHILD HOOD AND KILL SOME ONE. YOU GET ONLY A FEW YEARS OF VACATION.IT IS SICKING THAT THE JUDGE,AND THE ATTORNEIES INVOLVED THINK THIS IS IN THE BEST INTREST OF ANYONE. THIS EASY OUT ON THIS CASE ONLY SERVES TO LET THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE OFF EASY,SO HE CAN GO OUT WRECK SOME OTHER FAMILY, OR YET KILL ANOTHER PERSON. ALL THIS SO HE CAN BE ALL HE CAN BE, WHICH IS A BIG LOOSER,THIEF,DRUG USER,LIER,TROUBLE MAKER. I COULD GO ON AND ON BUT I GUESS WE JUST HAVE TO WAIT TO SEE HOW SOON THE JUSTICE SYSTEM WILL LET THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE OUT. IT NICE TO KNOW THAT ARRON PHELPS' MOTHER WILL GET TO HOLD HER SCREWED UP SON IN HER ARMS SOME DAY. WHAT A SHAME BECAUSE BRANDIE BROUSSARD'S MOTHER WILL NEVER GET THAT CHANGE. AND SHE WAS A BETTER HUMAN BEING,WAS DID NOT STEAL,OR MISTREAT PEOPLE LIKE THIS AARON PHELPS BRAT. SHAME ON YOU PEOPLE OF THE JUSTICE IN VALPRASIO FOR LETTING THIS KILLER GET OFF SO EASY.
Aaron never had a hard childhood. When (Randy) his dad couldn't care for for him & he married some woman with 3 kids; Aaron wasn't important any more. Pat (Randy's mom & David his dad) moved Aaron in with them and NEVER went without anything!!!!! His uncle Don; who served 11 years in prison for a manslaughter charge--was Aarons role model.
Don fed his nephew(AAron) with drug & alcohol on a weekly basis.
None of the family cared about what aaron did outside the house but only had rules inside their house...
laura

La Salle, IL

#24 Nov 16, 2009
Whenever anybody calls (aaron's) parent or grandparents house they go straight to Judge Julie Jent in Porter county and that judge issues a restraining order (without any evidence).
You all need to be careful when retaliating against these people via telephone. What her parents need to do is file a CIVIL suit against the family and take their house and all their assets. Take it all!!!!!!!!!!
O.J. Simpsom lost his CIVIL suit take all their assets. Both the parents and the grandparents have really nice houses and Brandi's family should be living in both houses. Brandi's mom & dad Should file a civil suit against the both of them and take all of it. I know how dirty both of them are and as long as you can prove negligence; you won. Take their properties!!!!!!!!!!
AAAA

Yorktown, IN

#26 Dec 6, 2009
Ok so uhm none of you guys no shit.
Aaron didn't purposely kill that girl.
It was accident accidents happen.
He actually cared a lot about her.
For ur info they were together.
he does have remorse.
I write Aaron all the time.
Aaron is one of my best friends.
& you guys don't know anything about the story so you really can't say shit.
People get in car accidents & die all the time he didn't do it on purpose.
& sitting there saying since part of his family is in prison for murder it somehow has something to do with him?
Wow that's pretty fucked up.
You guys need to get your facts straight before ya'll try & talk shit.
Just saying.
It's bullshit.
Beckie

Metairie, LA

#27 Jan 4, 2010
BrandiesMomFails2 wrote:
Ashely - first off, I find you saying leave him in a room with her mother as a stupid thing to say. It's not as if her mother was around enough to really give a damn or the girl wouldn't have went to another state with someone now would she of. I would think not! Brandies parents lost their child in an accident - no where did it say that the boy wanted her to die or held a gun to her head and forced her to go with him now does it. Her mother cared so much that she didn't give a damn and let her girl go to another state with a kid they didn't know. They let their daughter go to another state with a kid they didn't know because why? I assume they let her go with him because she was such the perfect child... BS!!! So yea stupid ass, she was such a good girl my ass! How about you put me in a room with Brandies parents so I can tell them how they failed their own daughter! Their daughter that ran off with a few friends to another state while her mother didn't do shit about it. Wow, guess Brandies mom deserves the mother of the year award - for being a failure who didn't know her own daughter enough to know what all she was up to! Get your facts straight bitch!


Your a stupid person so keep your stupid ass mouth shut. Brandie was the one who did decide to go but she wasn't the one who decided to run from the cops. AARON PHELPS was. Not only that but he decided to fight the cops and medical assistance that was there causing them to spend less time on saving my sister's life and more time of dealing with a stupid punk. If you ask me that's what makes him guilty, the lack of compassion he had for my sister life.
Beckie

Metairie, LA

#28 Jan 4, 2010
AAAA wrote:
Ok so uhm none of you guys no shit.
Aaron didn't purposely kill that girl.
It was accident accidents happen.
He actually cared a lot about her.
For ur info they were together.
he does have remorse.
I write Aaron all the time.
Aaron is one of my best friends.
& you guys don't know anything about the story so you really can't say shit.
People get in car accidents & die all the time he didn't do it on purpose.
& sitting there saying since part of his family is in prison for murder it somehow has something to do with him?
Wow that's pretty fucked up.
You guys need to get your facts straight before ya'll try & talk shit.
Just saying.
It's bullshit.
Hey dumbass...my twin sister Brandie was not was not with ur best friend..so u get ur facts straight before u start saying shit u dunno
laura is a dumbass

United States

#29 May 14, 2010
laura, you are a dumbass! for one, his parents are not who you said they are. secondly, i am not a member of his family either. I just think her parents fail at being parents at all and are in part to blame for the death of brandie. the girl died because they did not know where their daughter was, yet she was such an angel? HELLO! You know she gave the best blowjob I ever had in the back seat of my el camino. She also smoked weed to so put that in your fat trap and shut the fuck up. brandies parents did not deserve to have her. god saw fit to take her from her parents because they were the worlds shittiest parents ever. throw their asses in jail for not keeping their child safe and allowing her to leave across state lines.
Mariah

United States

#31 Aug 20, 2010
Laura, you have no room calling anyone dumb. You don't know who his parents are first of all. You are spilling innocent people's information on the internet like it is nothing. The people you say are his parents are not his parents. Second of all the boy wasn't there just picking up that girl. Read and know the actual facts before you claim you knew the boy or his parents. You came on here talking crap about someone you DO NOT KNOW. You came on here talking crap about his parents... yet you don't even know his actual parents are or their actual names, in which were all over the papers. You don't know anything at all, and sadly you never will because you are too busy trying to chastise someone who isn't even this boys parents.
Mariah

United States

#32 Aug 20, 2010
Beckie, apparently you didn't know your twin sister very well at all. You might of been her twin but you don't know who she was dating? That's pathetic. Just shows how lame and careless your family really was altogether. Your parents let her leave to another state? Or wait, was she such a good girl that she ran off with friends? Gee, I wonder. I bet you'll end up just like her if your parents haven't learned their lesson about keeping track of their child.
Mariah

United States

#33 Aug 20, 2010
Beckie, just an after thought for you. How long are you and your family going to remain in denial about the negligence of taking care of Brandi? Now that you wish to speak of negligence, how about the negligence caused by your parents and family? Had you all of given a damn about Brandi someone surely would have stopped her from leaving to another state with her boyfriend and friends.
Ashely

Metairie, LA

#34 Dec 9, 2010
Hmmm, didn't think anyone would bother to come back and comment on this.

To the idiots who think Brandie's parents weren't there, her mom was at work to support her 2 girls while Brandie went off with these people. If Beckie knew what was going on, I know she would have stopped her, among many others. Their father, at the time, wasn't exactly active in their life. They had their family issues like everyone else but in the end I know they all gave a damn about each other.

When we had a trip to New Iberia, Louisiana to go to a friend's mother's home for the weekend for his birthday, her mother made sure to know who all was going and all the other details incase of an emergency.

I don't care about how Aaron was brought up. I know a few people who were brought up in worse situations but they are the most amazing people you could ever meet and they haven't been in trouble with the law. If you have a heart and any common sense, you wouldn't be in that sort of situation to begin with. His mother was aware that he was down here and he was down here for well over a month. He had wrecked with that same car into a telephone pole around the block from where I live after it had rained. He tried to run by taking off the license plate and taking some other personal items, then running off. What does this tell you people? Stop defending him. He did something wrong and by defending him, you are just adding to it. Nobody is perfect, I understand that, but everyone needs to serve their time.

You guys need to take a step back and think how you would feel if someone took your best friend, sister/brother, girlfriend/boyfriend, son/daughter and think about how it would change your life? Whether they die from a bullet by accident, or they die from being murdered by some psycho on the streets, you would want that person to serve the proper amount of time. I don't think anyone who took someone's life and had the opportunity to prevent it should be able to go through a college program while in jail to get less time and be able to eat a meal while a good person is now dead because of a selfish act.
Joseph Zrnchik

Munster, IN

#35 Dec 11, 2010
Maybe if the Valpo pigs and prosecutors spent more time going after criminals instead of making false charges against a guy who took a picture of a smashed car, there would be some justice.

Bet this guy will be getting out in less than 7 years.

Too bad it wasn't Dehaven's kid.
outaline

Jersey City, NJ

#36 Jul 7, 2011
we can only blame ourselves for creating such a pathetic, government-run education system that has produced all the brain-dead idiots commenting on this miserable case. if this was fiction it would be thrown in the trash as thoroughly unbelievable.
Umm

Rainier, OR

#37 Oct 30, 2012
Yeah you are very ignorant Laura for thinking you know the families of either the boy or the girl. Get your facts straight before talking crap because evidently you don't know any of the parties involved.
a realist

Melrose Park, IL

#38 Nov 3, 2012
U all r forgetting this kid was a child when the accident occurred,like previous posters said he didn't aim to cause any harm to brandy.Aaron has spent just as much time in prison as he has in society.only god can judge if it is enough.u judgemental bitches.
LuvMyHorse

Munster, IN

#39 Nov 4, 2012
laura is a dumbass wrote:
laura, you are a dumbass! for one, his parents are not who you said they are. secondly, i am not a member of his family either. I just think her parents fail at being parents at all and are in part to blame for the death of brandie. the girl died because they did not know where their daughter was, yet she was such an angel? HELLO! You know she gave the best blowjob I ever had in the back seat of my el camino. She also smoked weed to so put that in your fat trap and shut the fuck up. brandies parents did not deserve to have her. god saw fit to take her from her parents because they were the worlds shittiest parents ever. throw their asses in jail for not keeping their child safe and allowing her to leave across state lines.
El Camino's dont have a "back seat"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Buzinec wants 4th term as mayor (Aug '10) Nov 30 Lori kikkert 7
Cheek Family - Hobart/Wheeler Indiana Nov 6 Rhonda 4
laura flick (Aug '11) Oct '16 Eric h 9
Hoosier Cabinet info (Jul '07) Oct '16 Enove 324
The poorly run city of Gary, Indiana (Mar '06) Oct '16 Rick14222 141
News Police looking for missing 90-year-old man (Feb '08) Oct '16 NotGoing2BeScamme... 39
News Northwest Indiana officials resign because of n... Oct '16 Portage Mom 4

Portage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Portage Mortgages