Fatal wreck closes part of Toll Road

Fatal wreck closes part of Toll Road

There are 7 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 9, 2007, titled Fatal wreck closes part of Toll Road. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A semitrailer struck the median on the Indiana Toll Road and bust into flames, killing the driver, a Hammond firefighter said today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Thomas

Carmel, IN

#1 Feb 9, 2007
I hope Pedro Sanchez was not an illegal alien. It would be even sadder for his family in that case to know now that he could have been safe and happy in his own country (if it were some place other than the U.S.).
Chris

Bloomington, IN

#2 Feb 9, 2007
Somehow I just knew someone would turn this tragedy into a political statement because of the poor guy's name. Nice work.
John

Redwood City, CA

#3 Feb 9, 2007
Way to show some class, Thomas. That is an awful ending to a life, no matter where Mr. Sanchez called home.
Thomas

Carmel, IN

#4 Feb 12, 2007
John wrote:
Way to show some class, Thomas. That is an awful ending to a life, no matter where Mr. Sanchez called home.
Exactly. I would hope you would share my concern for the plight of illegals that are injured or killed in this country. Too many people feel sad about it for only a few seconds and then move on. Our country should do more to prevent such senseless tragedies, whether they be on the highways or in the desert. We have a duty to our fellow man to prevent them from taking actions that put themselves in danger. Having a safe, happy, and fulfilling life at home is much more important that coming to America to make a few extra bucks.
Rob

Potosi, MO

#5 Jan 20, 2012
Pedro happen to be a friend of mine and he was from Puerto Rico, so I guess that make him just as American as you a..hole!(Thomas)
Sheriff Taylor

Valparaiso, IN

#6 May 17, 2012
Never believe the guano about "truckers being good drivers". Far too many are dangerous stooges and cowboys.
not good

Bridgman, MI

#7 May 19, 2012
Not good

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Portage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hoosier Cabinet info (Jul '07) 9 hr Chkoe 322
Quakersteat and lube Wed Logman 1
mike ewing teresa schellmi (Dec '11) Tue guest101 4
Mike Ewing & Teresa Chellmi (Mar '14) Tue guest101 2
News Northwest Indiana officials resign because of n... Jul 29 Norm Watch 3
clean gary up (Jan '06) Jul '16 jUsT SayN 75
News Drag strip debated in NW Indiana (Jan '06) Jul '16 strip T-s 55

Portage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance