Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Oct 11, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Diane Paul

Seattle, WA

#1 Feb 3, 2009
The worst customer service and lousiest attitude I have ever encountered at a business. The owner of this franchise is rude, insulting, threatening, uses foul language to customers and thinks domestic violence victims are something to joke about. She is so unpleasant that I cannot imagine she is still in business.

Since: Feb 09

Mount Vernon, WA

#2 Feb 6, 2009
I have not had the pleasure of doing business with them, but I have seen the sign on the front of their door. Don't bother them if you're not going to buy something. Just drop off your package quietly and leave. They are in business for profit, not friendship. If you're not going to spend your money, go away.
Diedre Crawford

Bellevue, WA

#3 Feb 9, 2009
I have done business with UPS store on several occasions since moving to Whidbey Island in 2004. On EVERY occasion, I have found the employees to be patient, friendly and willing to help... even going so far as to chuckle with me when I exclaim over the prices of mailing packages. I have not purchased items at most of these visits... merely mailing packages. In most cases, I have decided to use the UPS store over the post office because of wait time. It upsets me to see so many businesses (or in this case the manager) spoken so badly of. I am sorry that your experience was so horrible (I would have found that situation to be insulting, as well), but I am willing to bet that it was the exception... not the rule.
CROCKETT

Pasadena, CA

#4 Mar 10, 2009
Diane Paul wrote:
The worst customer service and lousiest attitude I have ever encountered at a business. The owner of this franchise is rude, insulting, threatening, uses foul language to customers and thinks domestic violence victims are something to joke about. She is so unpleasant that I cannot imagine she is still in business.
The owner told us about this woman -DIANE PAUL, "crazy and off her medication". The owner had to call the police not once, not twice, but three times on this woman and once the police came(the third time) the police called for "backup" because Diane Paul was so disruptive. Amazing how she views the world. Then this Diane Paul left nasty voice and e-mail messages for the owner for days. The owner almost got a restraining order on the woman. Obviously these complaints are not from the normal people, or are the "norm", but instead rare instances.
Anderson

Pasadena, CA

#5 Mar 13, 2009
I have done business with the UPS Store for years. I have been treated with nothing but courtesy and professionalism. They have been more than helpful and have saved me money on many occassions. It's too bad some people feel it is wrong for the store to want to make money. The UPS Store is a franchise which is locally operated by an independent owner who is forced to take UPS packages without compensation. I don't blame them one bit to ask the hundreds of customers who come into there store to drop off free packages to "please not be disruptive to our paying customers". If they didn't make a profit they wouldn't be there for all you "freeloaders" to send your packages without paying.

Maybe if you understood how UPS strong arms the little guy to make their own profit you'd understand why the franchisee's are in multiple law suits with UPS. These poor owners can barely break even and yet the public thinks they are awful for not wanting to be happy about taking hundreds of packages without compensation. See how long you'd be happy or in business for that matter, with nothing but free customers!
costello

Pasadena, CA

#6 Apr 1, 2009
Nothing but excellent service, friendly and courteous staff. I have never been disappointed when visiting and have nothing but good comments about the store. I'm sure the negative comments are exceptions. All you can do is see for yourself.
MT in OH

Bellevue, WA

#7 Apr 16, 2009
While I can understand your point of view and others here who have nothing but good things to say, I still refuse to visit this store anymore. I go to Pony Mailing now.
I had to drop off a return package on my lunch hour and was treated very unkindly when I entered the store. There was a man at the counter who had 3 boxes that weren't even sealed or addressed yet. I asked if I could just drop off the package and be on my way, and was rudely told to wait in line. I ended up having to wait over 20 minutes to spend 5 seconds dropping off a package.
I mail packages often, and because of this experience the UPS store lost me as a paying customer. It wasn't so much the waiting as how rude I was treated when I was there. Just my experience.
Anderson wrote:
I have done business with the UPS Store for years. I have been treated with nothing but courtesy and professionalism. They have been more than helpful and have saved me money on many occassions. It's too bad some people feel it is wrong for the store to want to make money. The UPS Store is a franchise which is locally operated by an independent owner who is forced to take UPS packages without compensation. I don't blame them one bit to ask the hundreds of customers who come into there store to drop off free packages to "please not be disruptive to our paying customers". If they didn't make a profit they wouldn't be there for all you "freeloaders" to send your packages without paying.
Maybe if you understood how UPS strong arms the little guy to make their own profit you'd understand why the franchisee's are in multiple law suits with UPS. These poor owners can barely break even and yet the public thinks they are awful for not wanting to be happy about taking hundreds of packages without compensation. See how long you'd be happy or in business for that matter, with nothing but free customers!

Bremerton, WA

#8 Jun 17, 2009
They are ok.
jim

Oak Harbor, WA

#9 Dec 29, 2009
I've tried to ship a pre-labeled UPS package from this location 5 times, each with a response of "we can't ship your UPS package". After contacting UPS directly I was informed that this location has had many complaints for the same violation of the UPS contract. Bottom line is that the owner does not make as much percentage per package if it is pre-labeled. The Pony Mailing location a few blocks away seems more than happy to oblige my shipping needs, and with a smile!!
Nora

Oak Harbor, WA

#10 Dec 29, 2009
I've only went to the UPS store located between Safeway and KFC in Oak Harbor once and I will never go there again. First off, it was opened late and I understand that this happens but it only added to my bad experience. I was waiting at this UPS location from 8:50 am until 9:20am, at which time the store finally opened (the business hours are from 9:00am-6:00pm Monday to Friday). I had a 2 packages from my boyfriend's store which needed to go out right away and he couldn't wait for a UPS truck to show up and ship it for him. I thought UPS would ship it because it the fee had already been paid online and all the lady at the store had to do was put it in a box for pick-up right? Well that didn't happen because apparentley if it's already pre-paid this lady won't ship it. She told me that I'd (my boyfriend) would have to wait for a UPS truck to pick it up. So anyone who needs to send a package already paid for online don't waste your time like I did and think that this location will take care of you because they won't. Go to the other location in Oak Harbor.
Bill

Oak Harbor, WA

#11 Feb 16, 2010
Interesting that the only positive comments about this store are from out-of-state locations, even the ones that claim to have been doing business with this store for years. Is the owner posting these "reviews", posing as a customer?

I went in there once. I will never go back. The lady behind the counter didn't move or look up, just told me the same story posted elsewhere here about my prepaid UPS package. I called UPS about this and sure enough, she's within her rights as a franchisee to turn away these shipments. She's also stupid. I now ship my prepaid packages at PONY MAILING just a few blocks away AND I MAKE IT A POINT TO BUY SOMETHING EVERY TIME I GO IN THERE BECAUSE THEY ARE SO WILLING TO HELP.

Business owners who reject "freeloaders" need to realize that happy freeloaders usually have paying friends. Create a welcoming environment for everyone, and the business will walk right in your door. If you make it clear that only the people willing to spend money are welcome, then even those people -- like me -- will walk away and never come back, and you'll be sitting there all along wondering why you can't make the rent.

As to the whining comments about the poor business owner who's strongarmed by UPS... you signed the contract, get over it. If you don't like it, get out.
dan b

Pasadena, CA

#12 Mar 18, 2010
Best service ever!! Prices are cheaper than anywhere else in town. I use them ALL the time. I sell quite a bit of items on Amazon and E-bay, the UPS Store has packed numberous items for me and they have always arrived without a problem. I am treated courteously and receive discounts for shipping and packaging. I have had problems with other shipping places in town, with both the high prices and broken items (they packed!). I enjoy the staff at the UPS Store and thank them for being there!! Thanks.!!
Dean

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Mar 22, 2010
I ship at the UPS Store every year on my way home after visiting family on Christmas. Every year I encounter a courteous, and polite staff, even during the busiest time of the shipping year. The combinations of courteous staff and a very limited wait time, no matter what time of year, makes me happy to pay a bit more to get my packages home in one piece and not have to wait in the hour long post office line. Thanks for making my life easier Oak Harbor UPS Store.
Guest -Oak Harbor WA

Oak Harbor, WA

#14 Mar 29, 2010
I hate that place!! The owner is witch!! I worked there and she has no compassion at all. Her only care is how to get more money in her pocket. She would drop, step on and toss prepaid(drop off) packages and at times refused to take them. She had her few favorite customers and that was it. As an employee you were not allowed a break or lunch you had to try and get one in between customers and her lunches or other errands. In the big December shipping rush just for get any break, even going to use the restroom.
I dont know how she can stay in business but I guess there are enough rude people in OH to support her.
expensive

Bremerton, WA

#15 Apr 4, 2010
there are a little pricey.

Since: Mar 10

Pasadena, CA

#16 Aug 25, 2010
Excellent service, courteous, and saved me a lot of time. Thanks to the super friendly staff and all their help. I would highly recommend this store!
guest from oak harbor

Pasadena, CA

#17 Aug 25, 2010
best staff, most helpful
guest from oak harbor

Pasadena, CA

#18 Aug 25, 2010
Excellent service, best and super friendly staff. They saved me time and money. Thanks for all your help. I would highly recommend that store.
guest from oak harbor

Lynnwood, WA

#19 Apr 25, 2011
Wow, Lu Ann Miller a disgruntled employee. Worked part time, was almost always late and immediatley upon arriving to work needed a break because she felt "light headed". Always sat down when no customers were present, never found any other work to be done. Resented me if I went to run an errand - Hello!, that's why you were hired to watch the counter!! Duh!! Had more lunch breaks than any other employee (even though she was part time and not entitled to them). She had paid breaks, but that wasn't good enough. Wanted a ridiculous amount of pay raise after working part time for 9 months.(Her actual hours were less than 4 months full time and yet wanted a second raise!) This woman is only used to working volunteer jobs - io other words choosing what she wants to do at work - I would not recoomend her to anyone!!
guest from oak harbor

Lynnwood, WA

#20 Jun 14, 2011
This comment is from Lu Ann Miller. Started off as a pretty good employee, but quickly demanded two raises in less than 9 months (working less than 1/2 time). Always needed a break, the minute she arrived to work (usually late), she needed to eat because she felt faint. Had much time to sit and chat and go to Safeway (while being paid) to get food. Never cleaned or stocked when no customers - just sat and chatted. She only worked voluntary jobs before - where she could pick and choose what she did. It's a shame, she could have been a good worker.
Guest -Oak Harbor WA wrote:
I hate that place!! The owner is witch!! I worked there and she has no compassion at all. Her only care is how to get more money in her pocket. She would drop, step on and toss prepaid(drop off) packages and at times refused to take them. She had her few favorite customers and that was it. As an employee you were not allowed a break or lunch you had to try and get one in between customers and her lunches or other errands. In the big December shipping rush just for get any break, even going to use the restroom.
I dont know how she can stay in business but I guess there are enough rude people in OH to support her.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Townsend Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Mr Blue 713
No Claiming For Uninsured Drivers! Jul '14 Anonymous 1
Do not rent from Churchill & Associates, they a... (Dec '07) Jul '14 anonymous 63
Debate: Immigration - Sequim, WA (Jun '10) Jul '14 vet 30
Ray Sullivan (Feb '13) Jul '14 BoHawg 7
Cynthia Davis, Cyndi Davis Jun '14 Looking For Cynthia 1
Debate: Marijuana - Oak Harbor, WA (Sep '10) Jun '14 Falipo Sanchez 22
•••

Port Townsend News Video

•••
•••

Port Townsend Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••