Feds Cut Back on Olympic Peninsula Checkpoints

There are 4 comments on the www.kitsapsun.com story from Apr 13, 2009, titled Feds Cut Back on Olympic Peninsula Checkpoints. In it, www.kitsapsun.com reports that:

By PAUL GOTTLIEB Peninsula Daily News Originally published 11:58 a.m., April 13, 2009 Updated 11:58 a.m., April 13, 2009 PORT ANGELES - When the U.S. Border Patrol said last August that it was intensifying its use of highway checkpoints on the North Olympic Peninsula, outrage and division greeted the move.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.kitsapsun.com.

Church Slave

Seattle, WA

#1 Apr 13, 2009
Why advertise it?
They should not be telling the press what they are doing should they?
shine4me

Fremont, CA

#2 Apr 14, 2009
If we were to think about this, I think we'd realize that any group of people (probably the majority) demonstrating against checkpoints near the border are Border jumpers themselves. Therefore, they would oppose such a move. Homeland Security has a job to do and that is to protect our Borders.

Personally, I would love to see land mines placed all along the South Border because I believe we are being invaded by very dangerous people. I am unable to have ANY sympathy for people who are so destructive and disrespectful and who knowingly commit a crime so brazenly.

We should be at war with these Border jumpers. They don't even deserve the title of Illegal Immigrant any longer. To hell with protestors who have broken our laws.
Church Slave

Seattle, WA

#3 Apr 14, 2009
shine4me wrote:
If we were to think about this, I think we'd realize that any group of people (probably the majority) demonstrating against checkpoints near the border are Border jumpers themselves. Therefore, they would oppose such a move. Homeland Security has a job to do and that is to protect our Borders.
Personally, I would love to see land mines placed all along the South Border because I believe we are being invaded by very dangerous people. I am unable to have ANY sympathy for people who are so destructive and disrespectful and who knowingly commit a crime so brazenly.
We should be at war with these Border jumpers. They don't even deserve the title of Illegal Immigrant any longer. To hell with protestors who have broken our laws.
You should run for office. You have my vote.
Harry

La Junta, CO

#4 May 29, 2009
‘’Why advertise it’’: Once you understand the reason they ‘’advertise’’ events such as this, the sooner you will understand that the Border Patrol is not about protecting our country and the US Citizen. Let me ask you first, did you in fact read the article? If you did you should have picked up on the ‘hint’ that holding off on the use of check points is the Border Patrol’s strategy for allowing the impact on, and outrage from the local populist to cool over a predetermined time. It’s in their manual under:‘’ how to win hearts and minds’’.(or was that from the MACV manual on:‘’How To Loose A War’’. The first check stations were a trail run to see if the public would be receptive to such blatant nonsense, and to what degree. As you might know the freedom loving US Citizens were both shocked and rightly outraged over the affair. Border Patrol never missed a beat, and simply went on to the next phase of winning you folks over. They stopped using the check points, and stepped up boarding busses. Few ‘’complainers’’ ride busses, as too it’s usually ‘’poorer’’ people who make use of them. What better group or section of the populist to start winning over the hearts and minds? Rest assured once these ‘’friendly agents’’ that perform these bus checks have eased their way into the hearts and minds of the folks who ride these busses, the check stations will be back. Gently at first, with a stop here, and a stop there. And then WHAM! They’ll be permant, and with big new taxpayer funded buildings to go along with them.
This is ‘’why’’ they advertised the event, they cooling your minds and bodies in this phase, next phase you will be more receptive of these ‘’friendly folks’’ who are only here to ‘’protect you’’, and ‘’ these check stations are just a tool they use’’.’’ Do not fear children, we are only going to give you a shower. Please walk right in, the doors will remain open, it’s only water….no gas at all!’’ For many years I have heard many different people across this Country ask:‘’ Why would the Jews just go willingly to their death?’’ For several years I have been asking that same question of my own people here at home: why do you go willingly down a path that so many have died fighting against, least you have to walk it?

Now I’ll ask you a question: If you are a Border Patrol agent please identify yourself! If you are a concerned United States Citizen do not be swayed by Border Patrol propaganda. Get involved and up either to turn this corrupt agency into what it’s suppose to be about, or to denounce it, disband it and spend the money on schools, roads and hospitals.
Church Slave wrote:
Why advertise it?
They should not be telling the press what they are doing should they?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Townsend Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sequim couple accused of embezzling more than $... May 11 Sparky 1
Review: Madrona Manor Apartments (Sep '08) Apr 23 Laura 13
Review: Loan Zone And Pawn Mar '15 laidig 1
News Congress approves $1.46 billion for EA-18G 'Gro... Mar '15 biker_dude 1
News Bad dentures prompt consumer complaints (Jul '08) Mar '15 Keith Allison 12
Music anyone? (Jun '13) Dec '14 Texas Pete 7
News Joe Soucheray: The mind of the winter bicyclist (Jan '11) Oct '14 BoHawg 104
More from around the web

Port Townsend People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]