sjks

West Haverstraw, NY

#21 Jun 8, 2011
Between Stuart and Jensen Beach, which town would be better (academically, socially, with lower crime, nice homes, etc) for a family with 3 kids (middle school & highschool age)?
Mullah Omar

Stuart, FL

#23 Aug 24, 2011
Is Stuart a nice place to live? Answer you this. How long is a piece of string?
Abu Musab Al Zarkawi

Stuart, FL

#24 Aug 27, 2011
Is Stuart a nice place to live? It depends on who you ask, and that's the same everywhere. Time travel back to Nazi Germany and ask a high ranking German official if Germany is a good place. He might tell you the fatherland is proceeding to ultimate success, etc. Ask a POW in a concentration camp the same question, and you will probably get a very different answer.
This is not a perfect world. People see the same subject in dfferent lights. It is a fairly good place overall, but it is not perfect and good for all.
LivesinStuart

Stuart, FL

#25 Oct 17, 2011
Graham Wellington wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, what about the surrounding areas like Hobe Sound, Jensen Beach and PSL? I've been through all of them a couple of times and all seem nice but not sure without visiting the area a little more.
Hobe sound is the most peaceful area around way better schools then stuart. nice people. stuart is more affordable. psl is bad news compared to the others. but there are a couple bad areas in all towns, before you decide to move into a place go there at night it has never led me wrong on being able to see the type of area i'll be living in
Ivankov01

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#26 Oct 22, 2011
I took the time to translate what Flym said.

LOL STUART SUCKS donkey dong I have been in this craphole for over 20 years when I first came here to live in the late 90's it was ok people were nicer things were just easier now huh full of oxy and roxy addicts snobby asz people that think there shiza dont stink crap for jobs and I mean crap cops are up ur butt like fingers in a queer and if you do go to these so called street parties like jerkin it in jensen you get screwed with by the cops if it appears you are enjoying yourself I would say stuart is ok for retired people but if your younger and like to have fun forget it I mean think about it the state looks like a dick so that means you will get screwd

Translation:

Iím laughing out loud while writing this. Stuart performs fellatio on a donkeyís penis. I have lived in this town for over 20 years. It is a place in which you would place your feces. When I moved here in the late 1990ís it was a decent place to live. However, my opinion of the town has changed. Now Stuart is full of people that are addicted to oxycodone. The people that are addicted to the drug are very pretentious. They do not think their bowel movements smell foul. Finding a job in Stuart can be quit challenging. Unfortunately, the police officers are covered in feces, and are constantly trying to enter your anus. It reminds me of fingers in a homosexual. Iím warning you. If you go to the social gatherings in Jensen Beach you will be sexually assaulted by the police officers. I have been accosted several times by the police officers while enjoying myself. Stuart is a pleasant place for retired people, but if you are young and like to have fun forget it. Contemplate for a moment. Florida is shaped like a penis, and it will force itself upon you.
My2Sense

Palm City, FL

#27 Nov 8, 2011
Lower Income/ Residential and/or Rental Areas in Stuart= Fishermans Cover, The Crossings, any area that's NOT North of East Ocean Ave in Downtown Stuart, Salerno, Golden Gate

Middle of the Road= Willoughby Cove, Coral Gardens, Emerald Lakes

Upper Middle Class Residential and/or Rental Areas= Willoughby Courtyard, Martin Crossing, Rocky Point, Downtown ( North of E Ocean) Summerfield, Mariner Bay

This is just naming a few places. Sewalls Point is great. In comparison to Jupiter Island, if you have family definitely SP over JI.

I personally recommend Palm City. With the exception of Old Palm City, which isn't half as bad as Stuarts lower income areas, it's overall great place to raise kids. Tons of beautiful communities including Danforth, Lighthouse Point, Hunters Creek, Martin Downs, Evergreen, Hammock Creek etc......
diggity

Durham, NC

#28 Dec 3, 2011
I currently live in a northern state, and have a job offer in Stuart. It looks pretty there, but am very leery that it might be several things I don't like: absence of a real town with walkability; extreme summer heat; and finally.. a very conservative environment. Can anyone comment?
newby

United States

#29 Dec 4, 2011
I just recently moved to stuart - i love it! have 2 kids always something to do festivals, parks, events very family and pet friendly. great schools and neighborhoods. very nice people
diggity

Durham, NC

#30 Dec 4, 2011
thanks, but is it true that it's just one "community" after another, or is there a center with public life? I'm a politically progressive person, would I feel out of place in Stuart? And, how about those summers?
JEN

Jacksonville, FL

#31 Jan 14, 2013
newby wrote:
I just recently moved to stuart - i love it! have 2 kids always something to do festivals, parks, events very family and pet friendly. great schools and neighborhoods. very nice people
I have 2 girls and my husband just got a job offer there. What area are you in?
Commander Twinkletoes

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#32 Jan 14, 2013
I'm offended by some comments I read here, however, I will let it go as I am standing knee deep in Stuart feces.
Okay, I'm really not but I understand that I do not know the things that I do not know. I don't want to confuse anyone, but, I will say that I am apologetic to the crabby sinkholes dragging our cars into the earth every day. That upsets me. I also ran out of my medication, obviously, that upsets me. Fringe is almost over, that upsets me.
My parents named me twinkletoes, so I tried to man it up by adding commander in front of it. Oh, the problem with being charismatically extinct.
Ron

Stuart, FL

#33 Jan 14, 2013
The median age in Stuart is death
God's waiting room is a nice description
From Florida living in TN

Hermitage, TN

#38 Jul 13, 2013
My family and I might have the opportunity to move back to Florida ( HOME!!) My husband would be working near the air port, is the traffic bad in Stuart?? We have been doing some research about the area and looking at schools for our son. We were looking to move outside of Stuart because we do like having a little bit of land, from the maps we are seeing Stuart is a big city. Even though we come from Florida, we have never been to Stuart. Does anyone have any insight??
wltg

Stuart, FL

#39 Jul 15, 2013
Yes the traffic bad in in Martin County. Perhaps if you were coming from a big city you would not think it bad. It is a very nice area. You have your areas that you don't want to play in, but every place does. Lots of good parks with walking trails. Real parks that aren't paved over with new Palm trees planted. The Lyric theaterr is quite nice and offers many good shows and programs. During the summer they show free movies...older movies that fit era of the theater. The fair is much like the fair that I remember growing up in a small town. Kids sleep with their pigs etc. A nice downtown to stroll. Many restraunts and shops. Also a nice Riverwalk.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#40 Jan 19, 2014
PSL is OK. Traffic is so bad in Stuart I would never consider living there.
FrankieD123

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#41 Jan 21, 2014
If your looking to relocate to the Stuart area, try researching Palm City.
Michigan grower

Dallas, TX

#42 Jan 29, 2014
Martin county sucks a-- lived in this sh-thole for 20years if you are smiling in martin county your prob breaking a law everyone is hooked on pain pills theft is beyond help over run with a--hole cops and good ole boys that think that there truck makes the man. and the ghetto areas where they openly sell drugs and sex like sewalls point thats a bad area lots of open drug dealing there and dysfunction I urge you not to touch this place.
Captain Coastal

Muskegon, MI

#43 Feb 19, 2014
newby wrote:
I just recently moved to Stuart - i love it! have 2 kids always something to do festivals, parks, events very family and pet friendly. great schools and neighborhoods. very nice people
Do you still live in the Stuart area? Do you still like it? I have been applying like crazy for jobs in the area. and I have had any solid leads. I have a BS in engineering, a AS in energy and ten plus years experience. I have applied at Nextera, FPL, Alstom, sikorsky, and many others. Any suggestions? I am from MI but have lived in Florida before and have been trying to get back!
Captain Coastal

Muskegon, MI

#44 Feb 19, 2014
I have a BS in engineering and an AS in energy. I am a hard worker with ten yrs experience and an outgoing personality. My wife, daughter and I have been trying to move to Stuart area but I haven't had much luck in my job search. Being from Michigan I don't think I am taken as a serious applicant. Any suggestions for companies or any help please.
Adam

Stuart, FL

#45 Mar 2, 2014
I was born here in 1949. It was a developing part of the world. Great fishing and hunting and trapping.Gov ernment and law enforcement sucked. Some should have been assassinated. They protected recidivist felons in the community and tortured cxhildren. The place should haVE BEEN BURNED TO THE GROUND ALONG WITH MANY OF ITS INHABITANTS. Nowadays it's a retirement area. There are a great many more good looking wopmen around these days than there were in the 50s and 60s.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port St. Lucie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On Valentine's Day, couple celebrates romance b... (Feb '14) 20 hr You Know Who 13
Aden, Yemen Mar 30 Mohammed 1
Severe Child Torture Policy in Florida. (Jul '09) Mar 30 Pilgrim 59
News Deputy-involved shooting in Fort Pierce Mar 27 Go Blue Forever 1
News 40-year-old son accused of Tasering mom at late... (Feb '08) Mar 18 Scrapper Keeper 111
News Accident victim glad for arrest (Apr '07) Feb '15 it2t69 13
News PSL police searching for armed suspects in home... Nov '14 PSLresident 1
More from around the web

Port St. Lucie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]