Is Stuart FL a nice place to live?

Posted in the Port St. Lucie Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Graham Wellington

Millsboro, DE

#1 Dec 7, 2009
Thinking about moving there from another place in FL and looking for the 'real' pro's and oon's as well as places to see and what/where to avoid.
wltg

Stuart, FL

#2 Dec 11, 2009
yes. Like any other place, you have your seedy areas but you should be able to figure that out yourself. What I find nice about martin county is the number of parks they have. Real parks too, not paved over areas.
I also appreciate the height limits on buildings. I live further inland in Martin county than I would have even thought of living in Palm Beach County.(maybe two miles as a crow flies) and the breeze is not cut off because of the high rise condos.
mountain man

Nashville, TN

#3 Dec 15, 2009
Stuart is a good place to live.Dont live in Port Saint Lucie. Stuart stood by their limited growth policies and now have a much better outlook on the future. Port saint Lucie had a pro growth policy ,grow, grow, grow,and now there are a massive number of foreclosures.You may say well PSL. Is close to Stuart and prices are down moreso than stuart but taxes and special assessments in PSL will kill you. I lived there for 7 years,took my lumps and moved to S.W Va. I am so glad to get away from the pressures of Psl. I love it in the mountains of S.W Virginia,taxes are super cheap,plenty of work, folks are very nice,and the mountains are beautiful.It seems to be getting hotter in S.fla. I lived there for 35 years.I have had enough.Places to see? hmmm,Downtowns nice on Friday nites.Cant beat the ocean as you know,Good fishing on the flats at the causeway early in the am. Hmm,parks? Parks are crap in Stuart.Sandsprint is best ive seen. Here a park encompasses 1000 acres or more.Yes, im a little bit anti Florida these days but hope you find what your looking for whereever you go.
Marcia Neil

United States

#4 Dec 20, 2009
With 'the handicapped' driving around alone, being spotted by remote control near river, lagoon, and Ocean, who can say what it is?
Harley Lauren

Delray Beach, FL

#5 Dec 26, 2009
mountain man wrote:
Stuart is a good place to live.Dont live in Port Saint Lucie. Stuart stood by their limited growth policies and now have a much better outlook on the future. Port saint Lucie had a pro growth policy ,grow, grow, grow,and now there are a massive number of foreclosures.You may say well PSL. Is close to Stuart and prices are down moreso than stuart but taxes and special assessments in PSL will kill you. I lived there for 7 years,took my lumps and moved to S.W Va. I am so glad to get away from the pressures of Psl. I love it in the mountains of S.W Virginia,taxes are super cheap,plenty of work, folks are very nice,and the mountains are beautiful.It seems to be getting hotter in S.fla. I lived there for 35 years.I have had enough.Places to see? hmmm,Downtowns nice on Friday nites.Cant beat the ocean as you know,Good fishing on the flats at the causeway early in the am. Hmm,parks? Parks are crap in Stuart.Sandsprint is best ive seen. Here a park encompasses 1000 acres or more.Yes, im a little bit anti Florida these days but hope you find what your looking for whereever you go.
I agree with this poster. If you are a single person I wouldn't suggest life here. If you have children however it might be boring and uneventful enough - but it is going to cost you in taxes!
ChangeTheSystemN ow

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#6 Dec 29, 2009
Marcia Neil wrote:
With 'the handicapped' driving around alone, being spotted by remote control near river, lagoon, and Ocean, who can say what it is?
Good 'ol Boy Town
Biased Injustice
Nice House for Rent

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#7 Dec 29, 2009
see craigslist for house for rent 3/2/2 upgrades CBS
Great place to live

Stuart, FL

#8 Jan 3, 2010
Stuart is a great place to raise a family. Low crime, good schools, good people. Highly recommend Stuart!
Graham Wellington

Millsboro, DE

#9 Jan 5, 2010
Great place to live wrote:
Stuart is a great place to raise a family. Low crime, good schools, good people. Highly recommend Stuart!
Thanks!
Graham Wellington

Millsboro, DE

#10 Jan 5, 2010
Great place to live wrote:
Also, what about the surrounding areas like Hobe Sound, Jensen Beach and PSL? I've been through all of them a couple of times and all seem nice but not sure without visiting the area a little more.
Stuart is a great place

Stuart, FL

#11 Jan 9, 2010
Graham Wellington wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, what about the surrounding areas like Hobe Sound, Jensen Beach and PSL? I've been through all of them a couple of times and all seem nice but not sure without visiting the area a little more.
Stuart and Hobe Sound is nice. Hobesound is closer to West Palm Beach, but Hobe Sound's accesssability to major shopping like Wal-mart and Malls is a lengthier commute. Jensen Beach has some issues. With the exception of Indiantown, the rest of Martin County is really a Family Friendly enviroment.
Stuart is a great place

Stuart, FL

#12 Jan 9, 2010
Graham Wellington wrote:
<quoted text>
PSL has more serouis issues than Jensen Beach, probably because it is larger. Port Saint Lucie West is really nice, but you need a healthy income to live in the western areas of PSL (Traditions) & PSL West.
Stuart is a great place

Stuart, FL

#13 Jan 9, 2010
Graham Wellington wrote:
<quoted text>
PSL has more serious issues than Jensen Beach, probably because it is larger. Port Saint Lucie West is really nice, but you need a healthy income to live in the western areas of PSL (Traditions & PSL West).
Loving Stuart

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#14 Jan 28, 2010
Graham Wellington wrote:
Thinking about moving there from another place in FL and looking for the 'real' pro's and con's as well as places to see and what/where to avoid.
i love living in Stuart, moved here after 13 years in Port St Lucie. PSL looks like a deserted graveyard, high taxes no services very few parks.

Stuart has everything, many activities for children right off the ocean , great hospital and doctors in Martin County, amenities to die for. Just stay out of East Stuart and you'll be fine!
Living in Stuart

Stuart, FL

#15 Feb 3, 2010
Sewalls Point is very nice, and very family friendly. Lots of kids, blue water towards the south, and very quiet. Chose it instead of Jupiter Island because of the family atmosphere.
East Stuart Home OWNER

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#16 Feb 28, 2010
Loving Stuart wrote:
<quoted text>
i love living in Stuart, moved here after 13 years in Port St Lucie. PSL looks like a deserted graveyard, high taxes no services very few parks.
Stuart has everything, many activities for children right off the ocean , great hospital and doctors in Martin County, amenities to die for. Just stay out of East Stuart and you'll be fine!
What's wrong with east stuart except that it's a lower income section of martin?
Boner

Millsboro, DE

#17 Mar 11, 2010
So which parts of Stuart are the ghettos?
Single in Stuart

Eden Prairie, MN

#18 Jun 16, 2010
because of my job, i am moving to Stuart, or thinking about it...i am a single man...is there hope for me in Stuart or surrounding areas? where is a good place to live? where should i "never even think" about living? any answers are helpful, thanks...
jensen bch causeway

Palm City, FL

#19 Jun 17, 2010
jensen beach is an awsome place to live. lots of young people and the parks are great.. i live bike distance from 3 fishing peirs and if you own a boat lots of boat ramps and parking to choose from. If you are looking to meet people Jamin in jensen on thursdays is a great place to be. walk around and talk to people.. everyone is so friendly there
Stuart - Port Salerno

Stuart, FL

#20 Jun 25, 2010
A little slice of paradise for my family and I. Waterways and ocean are beautiful as are the beaches and parks. Grow tropical fruit year round and vegetables. Nice towns with plenty to do. I love it here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port St. Lucie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Home alone 15 bi female Dec 13 Luisfig2000 2
permits Dec 4 luisfig2000 1
Burglary in LAKEWOOD PARK, FL 1/30/2017 (Feb '17) Nov 25 Chris 3
Old Holiday Inn oceanside site (Jun '10) Nov '17 Jennifer Chandler 17
Helicopters! Nov '17 MLC 1
News On Valentine's Day, couple celebrates romance b... (Feb '14) Nov '17 ROFLcopter 17
Rape and Murder from LAHIA goers. Oct '17 rentfree 10

Port St. Lucie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Port St. Lucie Mortgages