mina

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2006

hello...my husband, son and I are interested in relocating to PSL but not sure where. We did visit Traditions and that was very nice but we are not sure if that is "the place to be in". What is around Traditions as far as shopping, restaurants, beaches? Another option was East Lake Village...any info on that? Where exactly is that in PSL? What is around there? We've only been very familiar with Palm Beach County but want to expand our search to PSL. Any info would be great.
thank you so much
Mina
I HATE PSL

Saint George, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2006

there are a ton of forums on this very topic.
What do you hate/like about PSL
Why are People from PSL so rude.
I suggest you read up....

Since: Dec 06

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2006

Judged:

WOW! That's a strong categorization. Im sorry you feel that people in PSL are rude. There has been a 60% increase in population of people from NY to Miami in the last 3 years.
I have lived here for 4 years and find it very refreshing compared to Fort Lauderdale, where I am from. I think Tradition is a fantastic Master Planned Community as is St Lucie West. They were both designed by Core Communities. I have a wealth of information on both these MPC. If you want you can visit my site http://www.MelissaConrad.net I am a professional local Realtor in St Lucie & Martin County.
As for East Lake Village, there are some great deals available there. The community is going to have 80k of retail and dining space when its completed. Its located next door to where the NEW PSL downtown is being built. There are other townhomes with great prices available if your not sold on the location of East Lake Village.
I would love to talk more with you by phone. If you visit my website, my contact phone and direct email is located there. www.MelissaConrad.net
I hope I can further assist you. Take care :)
I HATE PSL

Saint George, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2006

Judged:

I dont feel people in PSL are Rude, some are but that's everywhere, not just PSL. Those are different forums on this site that address her questions that other people started. I feel PSL is a uneducated, money hungry, crime ridden, over populated, unemployed, traffic jam crap of a city that offers nothing in order for you to forget the crap your living in except bars-which most are undercover for drug dealing. It amazing that a realtor in PSL now has to shop for customers on a message board, long gone are the days of easy sales. I hear foreclosure rates are way up in PSL, I say forget the realtor and find a foreclosure save yourself a ton of money. Cause once the reality of PSL sinks in you'll be looking to get out fast and at least you'll only have a minimum investment to unload.
Joe Jennings - Realtor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2007

mina wrote:
hello...my husband, son and I are interested in relocating to PSL but not sure where. We did visit Traditions and that was very nice but we are not sure if that is "the place to be in". What is around Traditions as far as shopping, restaurants, beaches? Another option was East Lake Village...any info on that? Where exactly is that in PSL? What is around there? We've only been very familiar with Palm Beach County but want to expand our search to PSL. Any info would be great.
thank you so much
Mina
If you are looking for information on East Lake Village go to wwww.eastlakevillageportstlucie.com . I like East Lake Village for its location. Close to the beach, treasure coast mall and its emenities
Joe Jennings - Realtor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2007

If you are looking for information on East Lake Village go to www.eastlakevillageportstlucie.com . I like East Lake Village for its location. Close to the beach, treasure coast mall and its emenities
Midniteangel in PSL

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2007

mina wrote:
thank you so much
Mina
Come by me, east of RT1...we are just 10 mins from the beach..Traditions is not..we have a beautiful river...Traditions does not...we have a beautiful wildlife preserve, Traditions does not. I don't know what Traditions has that we don't. Like you, there's me and my hubby and son and we are more then happy here in PSL.
Jason C

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2007

They are building a City place here off of US 1. Becker RD is a good place to be but you have to know were to build because some land will be taken over by the city when they put in the shops and hotels. They will start construction on the second biggest mall in America soon. I have lots around these areas if you would like to build. I also am an agent so drop me a line if you would like some help.
Jason C jcummans@revelermedia.com
sally

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2007

I see the realtors on here so I might as well plug my house.I moved here from Palm Beach County after living there for 20yrs .Did love it but getting too crowded.I have been here for 4 yrs in the Torino area which is near St Lucie West.When I moved here not much shopping or anything but building up rapidly sometimes too rapidly.I am not realtor but do have a 3/2/2 house for sale on a cul-de-sac.
pwh000@aol.com
jodi

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2007

mina wrote:
thank you so much
Mina
East Lake Village is a brand new community still in progress. The easiest way to find it is to traveling north on us1, take a right at the first light after PSL blvd. That should be Jennings road. Take the second turn lane left. You should see a large sign at the entrance that says east lake village. That road takes you to the "center of town". There is already a band stand and soon there will be resturaunts and stores. It's a very pleasant and safe community complete with pool and park.
Native of St Lucie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2007

Mina,
I have lived in PSL for most of my life, I did move to Tennessee for 3yrs but have moved back since Nov. 06. PSL has rapidly grown over the years. One of the main things u want to consider of where ur going to live around here is do u have children. You have to be careful what school's u chose and what zone's u are in. I have a ADD child and it has takin me sometime to find the right school for them. My sister,mother, and myself all have a home in Tradition. I find it to be so rewarding to get to let my kids finally have a normal life, by allowing them to play outside with there friends, and ride there bikes safely on all the sidewalks. They are building alot of resturants and stores. As far as East Lake Village I did look at townhomes there also and they were very nice, they are trying to rebuild up some of PSL, the hurricanes really hurt that area. Your best bet is to spend some time in the different areas on the weekends before u make a final choice on where u want to live. Good luck and I wish u the best.
LiveinEastLakeVi llage

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

Judged:

In response to your question re: East Lake Village. DON'T DO IT. It is not great here. The service from H Control stinks. There is alot of crime as far as vandalism and theft. Not a great place to live. If your child is in school do not live in St. Lucie county. They bus kids everywhere and the schools do not get good grades. Port St. Lucie is not all that. Hope this helps.
mina wrote:
thank you so much
Mina
LiveinEastLakeVi llage

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

Judged:

Go to Martin County. It is better there. Don't believe anyone who says that PSL is up and coming. Oh sure it is growing in retail stores, but so is the crime and all the riff raff that goes with it. Can't wait to move away from here.
LiveinEastLakeVi llage

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2007

Judged:

South Side Chicago + Bronx = Port St. Lucie
"Cabrini Green"
NBJ

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

Wow, I've just recently moved here because of a new job. I actually moved from W. Kentucky down here which in my opinion was a serious improvement. Now my question is what type of crime and despair are you talking about. I've yet to see any riff raff or "crime." Perhaps your hanging out in the wrong places.
Lovin East Lake Village

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

My wife and I had bought our home in East Lake Village pre-construction. We've been living there for the past 2 1/2 years, and we love it. It's a good place to live. Yes, there were some "kinks" in the begining in terms of the cable service, phone service, internet, etc. However, all have since been ironed out.(I can't speak for the cable b/c I use satellite). I do not know of any "crime". On few & far between situations you run into a "kids being kids" screnario as far as kids being loud playing basketball late(er) at night, etc....and my car did get egged on Halloween night, which goes back to the whole "kids being kids". I would recommend, at the very least, taking a look at East Lake Village. The park is cute for the little ones, a few common areas for kids to run around, the shops and office's are close to accepting lease's, events occur at the ampitheater which are fun to do with the kids, the downtown "City Center" is under construction, and downtown Stuart is just over the Roosevelt bridge and has plenty of nice boutique shops and some great places to eat. Great location in terms of having Publix, Home & Office Depot, the mall, any store you can think of really, is all in like a 5 mile radius! If your looking for a starter home, single family home, a nice sized home for a full family, or townhomes which are beautiful, East Lake Village defintly deserves strong consideration in my opinion.
Lovin East Lake Village

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

I have no idea why it has me in Philadelphia, PA. I'm at my work computer in West Palm Beach. Ah well......
Smokey

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2008

Judged:

crap of a city that offers nothing in order for you to forget the crap your living in except bars-which most are undercover for drug dealing. It amazing that a realtor in PSL now has to shop for customers on a message board, long gone are the days of easy sales. I hear foreclosure rates are
Michele

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Judged:

I HATE PSL wrote:
I dont feel people in PSL are Rude, some are but that's everywhere, not just PSL. Those are different forums on this site that address her questions that other people started. I feel PSL is a uneducated, money hungry, crime ridden, over populated, unemployed, traffic jam crap of a city that offers nothing in order for you to forget the crap your living in except bars-which most are undercover for drug dealing. It amazing that a realtor in PSL now has to shop for customers on a message board, long gone are the days of easy sales. I hear foreclosure rates are way up in PSL, I say forget the realtor and find a foreclosure save yourself a ton of money. Cause once the reality of PSL sinks in you'll be looking to get out fast and at least you'll only have a minimum investment to unload.
I TOTALLY agree! I've been living in this god-forsaken area now for almost 30 yrs (with almost 40 yrs in FL) and if any one knows about it, it is me. You hit the nail on the head! Of course this realtor has to glamorize the area to make a sale, but her definition of this place is in her fantasyland dreams, I suppose. On EVERY street in PSL you will find AT LEAST 3 or more foreclosures, almost everyone is unemployed and most jobs are basically around $10.00 hr, but those continue to hire only minorities. Most of the businesses are going out or have gone out of business and there is not much around here. They can *dress* it up with all the landscaping and medians they want, but this area has and continues to be going to the dogs!
sandpiperlady

Stuart, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Judged:

Hey, I moved here from Lexington Ky and there is quite a difference. I have been here for 4 years and had a home here for seasonal uses for over 25 years. I live in sandpiper bay near club med and we have absolutely no crime in our neighborhood. I do not know where all these BAD neighborhoods in PSL are they must be over near the turnpike or something. The job market is poor and our city council just keeps bringing in big retail stores to help the city grow but they pay very little. I am dissappointed with the way this beautiful city has turned out. 10 years ago this place was paradise nice and quiet and it actually had trees around. Where are these Bad neighborhoods people are speaking about I would like to know so I can be careful since my job requires me to go into peoples homes. I would appreciate someones input on this ....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Port St. Lucie Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Port St. Lucie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••