Robert

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#1 Jun 18, 2012
On May 30, 2012, I Robert drove from Kendall, Fl to meet with Wilfred Brown (Owner of the property in Port Saint Lucie, Fl 34953) in West Palm Beach, Fl to sign a 1 year lease for rental of the property. I had seen the property a month earlier and made Mr. Brown aware that the A/C and the refrigerator need to be repaired. Mr. Brown assured me that he would have it check and fixed before I moved in.
As I entered the smell of moth balls was over whelming. In the process, I also checked the refrigerator and A/C and they were not functioning properly. I called Mr. Brown and he said he had been busy but he would have a technician check and fix the problem before the 1st.
On May 31 I called Mr. Brown to verify he had fixed the A/C and the refrigerator and he said that he was at work but he had made arrangements to meet the technicians that evening, not to worry everything would be fine for my move. I rented a U-Haul truck and began to loaded up with our belonging for the move to Port Saint Lucie.
On June 1st I arrive to the house @ 7 in the evening and proceeded to unload the U-Haul. As my family went around the house they notice that the A/C and refrigerator were still not functioning, I was very upset and called Mr. Brown. He apologized and said the technicians never made it, so I offered to call some local A/C and appliance repair companies and he agreed and promised to reimburse me for the cost.
On the evening our 6 years old nephew Andres had a asthma attack so bad he had to go sleep to hospital, our 11 year Jorgie had a nose bleed, our 20 year old Stephanie had an itchy rash all over her body, my girlfriend couldn't sleep cause of headaches and I kept coughing all night. We try to explain away all of this due to the stress of the move and the heat of the evening due to no working A/C and the still presence odor of moth balls.
The next day,we proceeded to unpack and to call local A/C and appliance repair companies. A technician came and repaired the problem. He said the A/C unit had no Freon.
Later a repair man came and after inspecting the refrigerator he said he would not repair it because this house has Chinese drywall, and he couldn't guarantee the work under these condition.
I call Mr. Brown and he said that the repair man didn't know what he was talking about because he had his house checked 2 years ago and there was no trace of such a thing, and that he was going to send someone else to fix the refrigerator.
The nose bleeds, itchiness, headaches and coughing continue so I had a much greater concern and called Ground Up Home Inspections, LLC. to have the house inspected for Chinese drywall. On 5th they came and inspected the premises, and he confirmed the presence of CHINESE drywall, so I called Mr. Brown told him about the findings
and I moved my family immediately and asked a friend for help. Its too expensive for my family of 5 to find a local hotel and I worked an understanding with my friend. Mr. Brown does not want to reimburse me or let us out of the lease.
I tried getting legal help, but no lawyer see a possible gain for them, and simply say they cannot help. I went to Port Saint Lucie court house and I'm told I have to find the paper work myself because they do not have any do it yourself legal packets, therefore I have to go to the legal library find templates (if possible) to make my own packets. Meanwhile, I don't have a "home". Has the Port Saint Lucie mayor done anything to help people in my situation? NO! Has the Port Saint Lucie health department made any advances as to define the dangers so the city can enforce a code over situations like mine? NO!
What am I to do? Backed into a corner with a family of five and no help in sight. Does it take a tragedy so then maybe the city officials finally feel they have to do something about it?
I'm at a lost!!! With no money to move and no possibility to return to Miami, WE NEED HELP!!!
Thank you for your attention in this matter,
Robert W. Otero

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port St. Lucie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do blacks smell ? (Dec '11) Dec 15 Charles Bouie 25
Tradition in Port Saint Lucie (May '14) Dec 14 blue gull 2
Review: American Top Team Dec 5 xiajing18 1
Review: 3v Transportation - Offering The Lowest... Dec 1 Jan 1
Port St. Lousy (Jul '10) Nov '14 The REAL Doctor H... 9
Why are the people in Port St Lucie so Rude (Sep '06) Nov '14 The REAL Doctor H... 346
How do you hold PSL police responsible? Nov '14 The REAL Doctor H... 1

Rip Current Statement for St Lucie County was issued at December 28 at 3:50AM EST

Port St. Lucie Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Port St. Lucie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Port St. Lucie News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Port St. Lucie

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:01 am PST

NFL 7:01AM