More Trouble for Paul Francis

More Trouble for Paul Francis

There are 8 comments on the WJHG-TV Panama City story from Oct 1, 2008, titled More Trouble for Paul Francis. In it, WJHG-TV Panama City reports that:

The owner of Toucans restaurant, who is jailed on federal firearms and drug charges, received more bad news Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJHG-TV Panama City.

Sahopki

Clifton, VA

#1 Oct 2, 2008
Paul is a convicted drug dealer from New Bedford Massachusetts who ran when he was convicted and was hiding in Mexico Beach Florida. He was captured and returned to Massachusetts to serve his time. After serving his time he returned to Mexico Beach.
In October of 2007 Paul was charged with grand theft more than $20,000 and possession of marijuana less than 20 grams by the Bay County SheriffÂ’s Office. He plead no contest in January to possession of marijuana less than 20 grams and was fined $317 and sentenced to substance abuse classes. The State Attorney agreed to drop the charges after Paul had to pay $25,000 to the owner of the gift shop. I digitized the videos over an 8 month period that showed Paul and several of his friends going into the gift shop in off hours and stealing merchandise.
And now the feds got him with guns (being a convicted felon makes this illegal) and dealing meth.
Thanks to law enforcement for ridding the community of this blight.
claud balls

United States

#2 Oct 14, 2008
guilty
jayson

Clarksville, FL

#3 Dec 14, 2013
Paul Francis is a good man who helped alot of people
jayson

Clarksville, FL

#4 Dec 14, 2013
Judge not les thee be judged
Noah green

Fall River, MA

#5 Jan 1, 2014
This is my grandfather that our whole family hasn't seen in about 10 years because something is keeping him in Florida and if there's any one who knows who I can talk to, to try to get him out of this mess please comment below
Jim Luce

Tampa, FL

#6 Jan 14, 2014
Paul was/is a complicated guy...I knew him years ago when I was just a kidteenager and he was a great teacher/ father figure for me...I hope he turns his life around and gets everything to work out for himself...
Gary Deshotel

Prince Frederick, MD

#7 May 28, 2015
Hi my name is Gary Deshotel and i worked maintenance for Paul Francis and also helped wash dishes and he is a nice man and i lived at one of his properties on 14th St. In Mexico Beach and at his other property on Over Rd. in Wewahitchka. When i got to Toucan's i was homeless and had no place to live and no job but Paul gave me a job two different times and i remember the assistance manager of the restaurant named John and a local of Mexico Beach named Scooby and he and his mom was cool an funny and cool to be around.I hope Paul is doing good .I really enjoyed the town there and the people and my fellow workers.Can anyone help me get in touch with Paul Francis? PLEASE
Twinkee1

Birmingham, AL

#8 Aug 30, 2016
Gary Deshotel wrote:
Hi my name is Gary Deshotel and i worked maintenance for Paul Francis and also helped wash dishes and he is a nice man and i lived at one of his properties on 14th St. In Mexico Beach and at his other property on Over Rd. in Wewahitchka. When i got to Toucan's i was homeless and had no place to live and no job but Paul gave me a job two different times and i remember the assistance manager of the restaurant named John and a local of Mexico Beach named Scooby and he and his mom was cool an funny and cool to be around.I hope Paul is doing good .I really enjoyed the town there and the people and my fellow workers.Can anyone help me get in touch with Paul Francis? PLEASE
Gary, John is my brother. I know he probably helped you and countless others during his time there. As a result of Paul's actions, many people, including my brother were displaced, and, lost the ability to sustain any semblance of support. Remember, this was also the height of the housing bubble burst, so, you get the idea. Many people went without. Hopefully, you have gone on to prosper since that time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port St. Joe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New, improved Hells Angels come to Florida Panh... (Jun '08) Nov 18 danny 110
harry a's SGI (Jul '11) Oct '16 David K 3
News Franklin County Florida Has Forgotten About Its... (Dec '13) Oct '16 David K 4
News Florida - Prison Disturbance in Florida Panhandle (Dec '07) May '16 tommy 19
Why are the star fish dying? (Dec '14) Jan '16 Just me 3
News PSJ Election Day Tuesday (May '13) Jul '15 blowitup 5
port st joe RACISM (May '15) May '15 Sad_to_say_it 1

Port St. Joe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Port St. Joe Mortgages