stonewall park

United States

#1 Feb 18, 2011
No more sand mines in the Rappahannock River Valley.They want to mine 355acres of prime farm land and use barges in the river.This will destroy the environment,wildlife,waterways ,home of the Rappahannock Indian Tribe and all their history.This is prime farm land do not let this happen.It will be like HAYMOUNT ride by and look at the beautiful homes in that town it never happen but did destroy the beautifull environment.NO MORE MINES Bobby NO MORE. Please call anyone that can help stop this.Thanks for any help .
lanceolot link

Norfolk, VA

#2 Mar 3, 2011
this is great for the economy! On with progress.

Since: Jan 08

Ruther Glen, VA

#3 Mar 22, 2011
Stonewall Park... you say in your post twice that the land is currently "prime farm land". I'm wondering how a farm is better for the local environment than a sand mine. Farms use pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers, which all run off into the river. I also doubt those American Indians would be proud of having a farm on that land, rather than just leaving it in it's natural state.

At least after the sand is mined, the land will be reverted back to nature, and people will leave it alone. In the end, that might be better for the native wildlife, rather than decades more farming on the land.

(Not saying that I am for or against the mine, just playing devil's advocate)

Oh, and how did Haymount 'destroy the beautiful environment', when it hasn't even been built?
Anon

Fredericksburg, VA

#4 Jul 16, 2011
I just think that it's only fair for someone to do with their land what they wish. If someone wanted to build a treehouse in their backyard but neighbors wouldn't let them because they thought it would be an eyesore, is that fair? No, not at all. Even though this is a bigger and more important situation, it has the same concept. It is land that belongs to someone else, why should other people be able to dictate what they do?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Royal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff Sili & idiot followere Jan 10 Caroline Conserative 2
Virginia Department Corrections Jan 9 Caroline Conserva... 2
Grant League (Feb '13) Dec '17 Killeasey 6
New Local Business! Dec '17 Fredhead89 1
Moving to Fredericksburg VA (Dec '16) Dec '17 Tyleete 5
claire hayden Dec '17 joe 3
Bowling Tournament This Weekend! Dec '17 mister 300 2

Port Royal Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance