gas tax

Erie, PA

#57802 Jun 1, 2014
I fully understand how taxes work, where the bulk of the cost ends up...but still believe we Pennsylvania citizens are sitting on a massive gas stock and should definitely be taxing gas companies for taking our resource. Alaskans get massive rebates. Texans in some parts do too. We have more natural gas than Saudi Arabia has oil reserves. Come on citizens, this is a no brainer yet we're the only state not taxing them. Thanks governor shi+head
What a Weasel

Wilkes Barre, PA

#57803 Jun 1, 2014
It's Not My Fault
May 30, 2014

Barack Obama accepted the resignation of VA Secretary Eric Shinseki this morning “with considerable regret.”

The president added that the scandalous treatment of veterans is “totally unacceptable,” and that he will take responsibility –“I always take responsibility for whatever happens” in this administration, he said.

Except that he blamed George W. Bush, saying the problem “predates my presidency.” As usual, the buck stops over there

http://patriotpost.us/posts/26212
Double time

Clearfield, PA

#57805 Jun 1, 2014
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly think Topix is allowing this monster to grow just to see how big and stupid it becomes.
57,000 posts and all it's become is a pissing match between two groups of nitwits.
NERDS !
Liars Lie

Wilkes Barre, PA

#57806 Jun 1, 2014
Fact Check: Clinton’s Benghazi chapter has holes
May 31, 2014

Excerpts of Hillary Clinton's forthcoming memoir obtained by Politico conflict with the factual record about what happened during and after the 2012 Benghazi terror attack.
Specifically, she defended the flawed explanation -- used by then-U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice five days after the attack -- that an obscure anti-Islam video fueled a protest gone awry in Benghazi.
Further, she reportedly wrote that Rice relied on existing intelligence in making her statements.

But former CIA deputy director Mike Morell, who now works for Clinton's principal gatekeeper Philippe Reines at the D.C. consulting firm Beacon Global Strategies, testified in April that it was Rice who linked the video to the Benghazi attack.

Morrell, who still faces allegations he misled Congress over the so-called talking points, said the video was not part of the CIA analysis as Clinton seems to suggest.

Morell told members of the House Intelligence Committee that Rice’s claims about the attacks evolving from a protest were “exactly what the talking points said, and it was exactly what the intelligence community analysts believed.”

However, he said:“When she talked about the video, my reaction was, that's not something that the analysts have attributed this attack to."

An independent review of more than 4,000 social media postings, conducted by a leading social media monitoring firm in December 2012, also found the YouTube video was a non-event in Benghazi.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/31/fa...
Racism in the Classroom

Clarks Summit, PA

#57807 Jun 1, 2014
Walter E. Williams at TownHall:

White Privilege
May 28, 2014
The average parent has no idea of the devious indoctrination going on in classrooms in many public schools. What follows are some of the lessons of the conference.

In one of the workshops, "Examining White Privilege and Building Foundations for Social Justice Thinking in the Elementary Classroom," educators Rosemary Colt and Diana Reeves told how teachers can "insert social justice, anti-racist information" into their lessons that "even little kids" can understand.

Kim Radersma, a former high-school English teacher, hosted a session titled "Stories from the front lines of education: Confessions of a white, high school English teacher."

She said that teaching is a purely political act and that neutral people should "get the f--- out of education."

She also explained: "Being a white person who does anti-racist work is like being an alcoholic. I will never be recovered by my alcoholism, to use the metaphor. I have to every day wake up and acknowledge that I am so deeply embedded with racist thoughts and notions and actions in my body that I have to choose every day to do anti-racist work and think in an anti-racist way."

But the propaganda and lunacy go even deeper....
PA Voter

Pennsburg, PA

#57808 Jun 1, 2014
Get out the vote
Pittsburgh Voter

Philadelphia, PA

#57809 Jun 1, 2014
It's Wolfe for me
dentdent

Tampa, FL

#57810 Jun 1, 2014
Dan Ott Construction, sounds like another bullshit wannabe lie from Dan Ott, in reality folks Sir Daniel Ott is an unemployed college dropout, Dan Ott couldnt build a popsicle stick house if his life depended on it, he was raised by a drug addict father n a mom who was the town whore n has at least 7 affairs to her credit during her tumultious marriage, Dan tries to overcompensate with lies to soften the blow of being raised by wolves, his whole life is a constant lie in motion evolving to fit the situation at hand. Millersville,PA welcome to the Dan OTT Bullshit show !!!
voluminous

Tampa, FL

#57811 Jun 1, 2014
Dan Ott of Millersville,pa. always was and always will be a bullshitter, oh god those Craaaaazy sisters, could you imagine them being your role models, as far as Dan Ott Construction thats another Fabrication of Dans mind, their is A contractors number appointed to this company, but upon checking in HBG. how many permits were issued and licensed it was A big fat ZERO, just like Dan A Big fat ZERO !!!!
Tom Korbutt

Jersey City, NJ

#57812 Jun 1, 2014
Vote for me
Tom Korbutt

Philadelphia, PA

#57813 Jun 1, 2014
Thank you
T Wolfe

Wayne, PA

#57814 Jun 1, 2014
I don't think so
T Wolfe

Philadelphia, PA

#57815 Jun 1, 2014
So thank you
PA Voter

Philadelphia, PA

#57816 Jun 1, 2014
Here we go again
Aiding Our Enemies

Scranton, PA

#57817 Jun 2, 2014
Terror suspects freed by Obama admin. were labeled ‘high risk’ in 2008: report
May 31, 2014

All five terror suspects the Obama administration exchanged for the release of Sgt. Bowe Berghdahl on Saturday were deemed in a 2008 Pentagon dossier to be ‘high risk’ for launching attacks on American interests if released.
“They are undoubtedly among the most dangerous Taliban commanders held at Guantanamo,” said Thomas Joscelyn, a senior editor at the non-profit Long War Journal.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/...
Jihads Friend in Obama

Scranton, PA

#57818 Jun 2, 2014
Taliban Gloats Over Jihad Victory
06/01/2014

Taliban leaders claimed a jihadi victory following President Barack Obama’s decision to release five of their top leaders held at Guantanamo Bay, in exchange for one U.S soldier who walked off his base in 2009.

The five leaders were “released due to the benevolence of Allah Almighty and the sacrifices of the heroic and courageous Mujahidin of the Islamic Emirate,” which is formal name of the Taliban’s movement, said the June 1 statement.

Obama described the trade as a “recovery” of the U.S. soldier.

But the Taliban’s press release described it as a trade.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/01/taliban-glo...
bill

Murrysville, PA

#57820 Jun 3, 2014
Has to be Corbett
Obamas POW Deserter Pal

Wilkes Barre, PA

#57821 Jun 3, 2014
6 soldiers killed searching for ‘deserter’ POW, fueling backlash
June 2, 2014

Six soldiers died in the frantic search for Sgt. Bowe Bergdhal immediately after his mysterious disappearance five years ago, fueling the increasing backlash over the POW’s recovery.

Former platoon mates of the now-recovered serviceman accused Bergdhal of deserting his post and blamed him for the unnecessary deaths of comrades.

“I was pissed off then and I am even more so now with everything going on,” former Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl’s platoon, told CNN.

“Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him.”

http://nypost.com/2014/06/02/six-soldiers-die...
Tom Corruptett

West Mifflin, PA

#57822 Jun 3, 2014
one term Tom is behind in the polls Wolf will straighten out this state. Wolf is ahead by 15% in the polls
quit shipping our drilling gas out of state and out of the country let's keep it here so we can have $25.00 a month gas bills......and charge the other states triple...... we need to vote out the scum Corbett.... he's backed by big gas and oil people
PA Voter

Philadelphia, PA

#57824 Jun 3, 2014
Vote for me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Royal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nancy Schrum to run for District Attorney 18 hr Mp shield 21
2015, a big election year in Mifflin County (Sep '14) 18 hr Mp shield 16
Should older drivers be retested? Fri makesmoresense 1
Innocent people doing jail time for being poor. Mar 7 mifflin couny res... 1
Looking for Cocker Spaniel Stud to breed with m... (Apr '09) Feb 26 aprihoda 32
News Arson charges filed in camp blaze Feb '15 silly rabbit 1
News Four charged with animal cruelty for dropping p... (May '13) Feb '15 thenmall01 13
Port Royal Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Port Royal People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]