Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

and I have not forgotten.
Alrighty then, let's move this activity FWD.
I realized,and I guess Brian would agree, you just cannot depend on the Sentinel to print facts or purposeful news. BUT, they easily publish editorials that roll off DA Molek's keyboard. Thank the Lord for the freedom of speech or Thomas Jefferson; somebody must adore Mr. Molek and his tea at the Sentinel.
I waited but it is time share what the paper won't publish assuming they have the knowledge to locate information on the internet.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

On July 27, 2012 the Judicial Conduct Board released their 2011 Annual Report. It is available to the PUBLIC on the Board's website: www.jcbpa.org
Ms. Hunter is presently a judge in Mifflin County. She returned to the bench Nov. 12, 2011. She had been relieved of her duties because she had been charged with covering up another's story. It is called lying.
It was surmised or questioned whether the nature of her involvement in the removal of a prisoner by a constable would result in a review by the Judicial Conduct Board of PA.
Apparently? You decide.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

In 2011 the Judicial Conduct Board of PA received 711 complaints. A lot! Although 585 were dismissals, 90%, this stat is in line with a national norm, obviously any judicial conduct board has to weed out the ones that are frivolous or ridiculous...common sense.
Of the remaining 126 complaints, 24 judges received letters of notice of full investigation; 35 judges were given letters of caution; 3 received letters of counsel and a private reprimand based on how sorry they were for their actions or it was "the first time" to appear in a conduct board review; and finally 8 formal charges were filed against judges.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

If one is curious or desires facts go to jcbpa.org to find the 2011 Annual Report of the Judicial Conduct Board. It is VERY PUBLIC.
A suggestion: Work backwards. Bring up the site and scroll to pg. 26,find "Letters of Counsel" and "see examples". Read.
Next scroll back to page 17 for an explanation of Letters of Counsel.
Finally go to page 4,Introduction, third paragraph and read.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Either Mifflin County isn't very curious or fears someone pissing on their rainbow or takes what it gets and that's it!?!
It is important to note that if a judge has had only one severe misgiving and receives a Letter of Counsel because they acknowledged their involvement and apologized for their actions...what then happens if the judge and a friend find themselves in another suit in which the complaint is against them?
Possibly they did somebody wrong? Basically.
Too rich to fail? HAH!
or a community too gullible to believe facts?
Status quo?
I didn't get it then. And I don't get it now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

How many of you work a 40 hour plus week and make less than $70,000 a year? What if you got to hang low, decide when you could go into work, shuffle a few papers, work a few hours, and then go home and still make your less than $70,000 salary? Or maybe half of that?
And let's say you are an elected official...and your name becomes associated with a lie and a cover up...and yet another complaint is made about you in court....all public knowledge...would you be worried about keeping your job?

Would you be trusted? Should you be trusted? Jcbpa.org p.26

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Better yet, would you have apologized?
It wasn't smoke and mirrors, but knowing that your words were the difference in the events of many people's lives, That you willingly held claim to false stories while all the time sitting high?
I recall Concerned Friends not wanting to help a woman with a stove that wasn't heating...though they claimed to want to help people...
Does a judge claim to want to be fair? While all the time has a different agenda?

Would you, as a judge, leave another woman out to dry...
You got my vote

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

I hope the concerned friends have as much success removing the 20 year Judge of Mifflin County, Tim Searer, as they did with the DA Steve Snook. These jobs should not be for a lifetime. Term Limits.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

You mean as long as concerned friends uses intimidation and lies? Consider the source. I wonder if Dave Molek would jump on the concerned friend band wagon today if jcbpa.org pg. 26 was more familiar to folks. And an aware community realized he was the defendant's attorney at the beginning of the cover up? And who did Molek choose as his ADA...why the very man who will run for the same position as Mr. Searer. Is Mr. Barron familiar with the courtroom?
Birds of a feather?
Justice for all

Greensburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Rate Azz, hmmm, Now there is some one who did their home work.

Maybe Searer should go but I believe the DA position was very bad for this area. You want a shock? Then go talk to a Public Defender the next time you see one. They'll tell ya they don't even ask for deals they are given pleas and deals without even asking for them. I guess if you're afraid to try a case you just plea it away.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Agree, Justice.
How many criminal trials since Molek took office?

and by the way is weed legal in MC? Are excessive DUIs the norm with a slap on the wrist?
Upset in Ltown

Lewistown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Where's the outrage over the plea deal provided to Michael Terry? Had him on tape, a victim ready and willing to testify yet we offer a plea deal. Why? So the incompetent DA doesn't have to try the case and really take heat when he flubs it? This is an election year and I believe the Judge could have thrown out the deal. And where was the victim service group? The victim very clearly was not pleased with the result. Say what you will about Snook but this is exactly the case he didn't accept deals on and took them to trial for the max penalty.

You people should be ashamed of yourselves, bickering like children while the DA doesn't do his job day in and day out. Now we have to deal with Barron vs the Judge (running on the change platform), if he wanted to "make his bones" he should have taken this case to trial. Now we will expect the DA's office to "play nice" with the Courts while they along mud back and forth? Yeah, that's real good for the County citizens.

And let's not forget about the race for the Treasurer's office. Our good friend Jim Fosselman is back on the ballot grasping at anything he can to get in the Courthouse. I guess it helps when your friends with a Commissioner and have all the solutions to every problem. Isn't running the County tax service a conflict of interest? Apparently not. I guess we only want to point out nepotism and "good ole boy networks" when they directly affect a family member.

We as parents should be ashamed and disgusted and should be outside the Courthouse picketing the plea deal for someone who was clearly guilty and convicted of sex crimes. Trying to protect the victims? She didn't have a problem at the preliminary hearing and definitely didn't have a problem sharing her view with the Sentinel.

Ridiculous bunch of people on this forum, outrage when a grown man is treated unfairly but let this slide? Absurd.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Who was the host of "Let's Make a Deal"?
Monty Hall

That's right captain!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

That is what I can't figure out - where is the outrage? This is not the first sexual assault case to go by the wayside, and the case is dismissed or the defendant is offered a plea. If DA Molek doesn't recognize the seriousness of a sexual assault, no other women will come forward.
Also I wonder how convicted criminals on state parole are offered a plea or a dismissal. If you are on STATE PAROLE and charged with a new crime, of all the people to realize that IT IS WRONG TO COMMIT A CRIME WHILE ON STATE PAROLE should be the DA and the judge.
Knock, knock.
And I often wonder who is paying attention that is in a position to call foul in the courthouse. It isn't like Nobody doesn't know what is going on in the courtroom. You would have to be buried in sand to recognize that once again no jury pool has been called for another trial term especially if you work at the courthouse. I guess MC is saving money by not paying potential jurors for doing their civic duty. Somebody?
The commissioners? The police force?
Oh yeah, one woman who was left as a victim.
Justice for all

Irwin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Maybe bad things will happen to the idiots who thought they had a better idea. What goes around comes around.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Hmmm It would seem ADA Barrons lacked basic DUI trial nuances at a Monday morning bench trial in Judge William's courtroom. He lost a very serious case, he did not have a successful prosecution. Perhaps if his boss, DA Molek, had been in town he could have advised Mr. Barrons on the ins and outs of a DUI trial assuming Molek knows what to do as well. However, we don't know that either.
Does he post his vacation photos on Facebook?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Ho hum. If I had to decide between clueless and brilliant on the above comment, I would have to wonder what it is that someone doesn't want you to know to mark it clueless...as if there are no clues or logic to the lack of integrity in the MC courtrooms. Court records prove ADA Barron did not bring a DUI related bench trial to a successful prosecution...thank god it wasn't 12 jurors, lord knows that would hurt. And where was the dapper DA who could have given his insight to his loyal ADA? Or not?

We really don't know if Molek could have brought the same case to a successful prosecution In a bench trial. His most usual stance would have been to plead it to a lesser charge, give an ARD...not a conviction, but more like a short supervision to help you feel better about what you did and to not do it ever again. Right.

Clueless? How many ARDs were given in 2012? How many DUI offenses were written off as non DUI ARDs?
Brilliant? Interesting? You bet your sweet ratz azz it is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

And not to forget the many different police departments that swell Mifflin County. Why arrest? Why follow the law and bring people to justice if it is going to be dismissed?

A man from South America has been chosen as the pope for the Catholic Church. I am sure he will understand his role as a pope - to offer forgiveness, spread goodwill across the world, lead prayer, shower the faithful with words of joy and determination among other formal duties. I am positive he understands that his role is not to prosecute criminals.

Does Mr. Molek understand his role? Man's criminal actions are not to be taken lightly. Laws exist for a reason. As far as any constitutional law understanding Molek might have, well we all know he knows The Constitution - he has showered us with his knowledge on many occasions in The Sentinel since he has been in office. What does he know about current law, the ins and outs? Does he realize it is important for citizens to be involved in the trial process? It keeps the system honest and allows the victim to be realized - if in case there is a guilty verdict by a jury of peers.

His ARD forgiveness has stretched too far. His position is not cavalier - wave to all the good people and imagine we all can be good. The pope surely recognizes that people pay for their crimes, and he can forgive at the same time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

In 2009 a woman was arrested for abuse to her infant child. In November 2010 she was convicted by a 12 jury panel, sentenced in early 2011 for 5 years for the charges against her. Her first appointed attorney was Mr. Ferguson, who represented her from arrest through sentencing, Her 2nd appointed attorney was Mr. Barrons and more recently Mr. Matt McClehenan was appointed to her case. She had made an appeal in her case based on ______? I wont guess a rumor. Mr. Barrons worked with her appeal in 2011 and then Mr. McClehenan finished it in the fall of 2012 till February 12, 2013. Case closed.
I researched and found there were many articles in The Sentinel that follow her arrest, her hearings, her trial and eventual sentencing. Always with the article is her unfortunate mugshot.
I got the impression the paper wanted to inform its readers about what happened with her 7/8 month old infant. She must be around 4 years old now and presumably placed with her sibling in appropriate and safe care. And one would hope the injuries she sustained did not leave permanent brain damage or future medical problems. Remember there is a victim who cannot speak for herself.

Well. The paper has nothing about the results of her final case closed hearing on Feb. 12, 2013.

I can post the very public court docket number that follows her case from 2009 to the present or you can find it yourself.
No jury to hear the changes in her charges or to even decide guilt or not, no paper has informed its citizens or no elected official had made a public statement regarding their reasons for allowing her to drop some of the charges and plead to a lesser charge and basically her 5 year sentence becomes much less...maybe she has enough time served to bust a move to private life?

So why her? Why does she get this huge break? Why no 2nd trial? What about her children? She could very well be NOT as guilty, but it was decided by a prosecutor, her defense attorney and a judge. How did the appeal system really work? Her first appeal was not upheld...
Did the conviction by 12 people not matter? And if this is all very much the right thing to do why by March 14th is it not news?

Something ain't right folks. Liucky? Someone pulled her name out of a hat and decided she gets the deal...door number 3 please, Monty.
Oh and yes, was the arresting officer called in to discuss this case? Just wondering.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Mr. Molek have you sent the fine working people at the courthouse a postcard from sunny South Dakota? The south of France? A recent cruise?
Cash that pay check and par-tay...people in the courthouse know this normally would be a trial term, but no trials, alas. You have a good thing going, why change for the remaining 3 years of your term? Could you clue us in to any great travel deals you found on the Internet? I don't make $170,000 a year and I get two weeks off, so I don't want to blow money when I figure you know the ins and outs of travel.
Feels good to get out of town and see the country, good for you!
How about a travel monologue, much more interesting to read Mr. Molek than constitutional law opinions or gracious, tea party politics, in The Sentinel.
Does the Tea Party support your grand plan as an elected official?
Quack.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Port Royal Discussions

Search the Port Royal Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 13 min John 51,197
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 41 min bobby6464 3,826
Looking for Cocker Spaniel Stud to breed with m... (Apr '09) Jul 28 Ariana 18
Girl Scout Cookies Jun '14 Higherprices 1
Who wants a new DA in Mifflin County? I think i... (Apr '11) Jun '14 FYI 177
Barron verses Searer (Aug '13) Jun '14 Sick of NJ 78
Heroes on the front Jun '14 West Ender 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Port Royal Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000