First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Input

Lancaster, PA

#21 Feb 21, 2012
JunkE wrote:
<quoted text>
HP has lowered capacities on their newer ink cartridges over recent years to make it look like you're getting cheaper ink. Those cartridges you're talking about get you less than 200 pages each, so you're not getting a better "deal" than the person paying $60 for the two they need. In fact you're getting even less of a bargain but it appears "cheap" to somebody who doesn't bother researching it a little bit which is the target audience they were aiming for....the same kind who always buy the cheapest lunchmeat available at the deli :)
That's like the laundry detergent bottle saying it will do 32 loads,Depends on how much you use for each load. The ink depends on how many lines are on each page and how much color is on that page. Try to get 200 pages on a full page colored picture, I bet you won't do it. Common sense plays a bigger role than research.

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#22 Feb 22, 2012
Input wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like the laundry detergent bottle saying it will do 32 loads,Depends on how much you use for each load. The ink depends on how many lines are on each page and how much color is on that page. Try to get 200 pages on a full page colored picture, I bet you won't do it. Common sense plays a bigger role than research.
The page counts they use when listing yield are based on 11% coverage. Unless you're printing a page of nothing but double spaced text, you're using more than 11%.
ews17044

Washington Boro, PA

#23 Mar 6, 2012
I took my cartridges there, and they young girl working said they don't refill them, that they would replace them at a lower than new cost. Well I thought the cost was a bit salty but went with it anyway.

I later found out that I could get my cartridges filled much cheaper at Goin' Postal, so I haven't been back.

I also priced new cartridges to compare the price to what the Ink Garage had, and they were cheaper, but not really a savings that i would think one would expect.

Goin' Postal it is.
ews17044

Lancaster, PA

#24 Mar 15, 2013
I gave the Ink Garage some business when they were across from the bowling alley on West 4th street. I was not pleased. The girl working said that my cartridges could not be refilled, it was they way that they were made. I ended up getting some there and not saving really a lot.

Fast forward a bit, when the ink garage moved several blocks down the street. A new fella began running this. I stopped back in to see his prices and they were very good. He refilled those cartridges and said what I was told was incorrect. They worked fine. I kept taking my refills back to him until the shop closed one day.

I see a sign has been put up that it is back under original management. Well, Goin' Postal refills cartridges I have since learned. And if that nice fella isn't there anymore at the Garage, my business will go into the girls at Postal.
Lewistown Resident

Lebanon, PA

#25 Mar 16, 2013
Lewistown Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh No, here we go again, As You can see my statement that I would be surprised if the ink garage lasts was in March, four months ago, but Milroy finally makes a comment about it, and what does he say, something he knows nothing about because I could have a long running business right now. It was just another one of his attacks with nothing to post.
Looks like my opinion was correct again.

ews17044lies

Lewistown, PA

#26 May 29, 2013
That nice fella you speak of is a criminal.Lewistown asshat, you were wrong, as usual.
walkerwilliam91

Orlando, FL

#27 Wednesday Aug 27
My mom will need some more paint for her new printer. She has been needing it for her class that she teaches. I was surprised to see that she has prints off so much paper. http://www.businessworld.com.au/index.php/ton...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Royal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Cocker Spaniel Stud to breed with m... (Apr '09) 9 hr ariana 23
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Thu bacon hater 51,299
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Thu Knows he lost 3,921
MCRPD accepts plan Aug 18 bringinthedough 9
Top Party Schools (Jul '08) Aug 4 whathappened 26
Four charged with animal cruelty for dropping p... (May '13) Aug 2 nike free 3
Girl Scout Cookies Jun '14 Higherprices 1
•••
•••
•••

Port Royal Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••