Trial off in 2-year-old girl's deat.....

Trial off in 2-year-old girl's deat.....

There are 2 comments on the The Sentinel story from Feb 23, 2010, titled Trial off in 2-year-old girl's deat...... In it, The Sentinel reports that:

The two-day jury trial set to have started on Monday in the case of a woman charged in connection with the death of 2-year-old Alina Marie Hershey was called off, after the defendant pleaded guilty to one count of recklessly endangering another person.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sentinel.

responsible mothers

Carlisle, PA

#1 Feb 24, 2010
You know I really don't understand how some people get off from such serious charges so easily. Yes I know she didn't physically kill this child, but her irresponsible and neglectful actions did. That little girl should still be here today. And all she gets is probation?! I sure hope she has to take parenting classes and doesn't have anymore children whom she can't take care of. You never leave a 2 year old child outside alone...EVER! And she knew there was water nearby. Well nothing is gonna bring this little girl back, but this system is crazy! How they decide who does jail time and who doesn't is crazy!
Heather

Carlisle, PA

#2 Feb 26, 2010
You are absolutely right. This kind of neglect is horrible, and she should have to pay for it somehow. Her judgement day will come. Karma....what goes around, comes around! Hopefully someone has stepped in and made sure the other kids are safe. That little girl didn't deserve what happened, but hopefully now God is holding her in his arms. I'm shocked all she got was probation?? Definitely not mother material...or babysitter for that matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Royal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pennsylvania joins lawsuit over DACA decision Oct 8 Bamze 2
Looking for Cocker Spaniel Stud to breed with m... (Apr '09) Sep 19 Bella 80
News From Mexico to Swarthmore, a dream now in danger Sep '17 Wildchild 2
Let's reminisce! (Apr '10) Sep '17 bill 345
News Derry asked to help fund road project Aug '17 Hoyman99 1
News Heroes on the front (Jun '14) Jun '14 West Ender 1
News Nancy Marlene Cooper (Sep '13) Sep '13 lora Jeter 1

Port Royal Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance