Gun advocate denied time before West ...

Gun advocate denied time before West Mifflin council

There are 18 comments on the Pittsburgh Tribune story from Jan 13, 2009, titled Gun advocate denied time before West Mifflin council. In it, Pittsburgh Tribune reports that:

West Mifflin officials have denied a gun advocate's request to address council about its plan to install a metal detector in the borough building.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pittsburgh Tribune.

low and behold

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jan 14, 2009
well it seems it is not against the law to erect a metal detector but it is against the law for council to regulate gun control this should be interesting because I am sure this man is not coming alone and he will give the Solicitor a run for his money because these folks know the law. Maybe Ms Jabbour should have done her homework first as well as the remaining council members.
Disgusted in West Mifflin

Homestead, PA

#2 Jan 15, 2009
This Council is out of control. Bednar should be fired. The absolute arrogance of this group makes me sick. I can only hope that the Newapaper Group mentioned in this article files some sort of lawsuit. Someone needs to send a message to this group of idiots that they are not a dictatorship, and that West Mifflin is still part of the United States of America. They need to be voted out this spring. Jesus these people make me sick.
low and behold

Homestead, PA

#3 Jan 16, 2009
the most amazing comment is that the solicitor thinks he would have a chance to win a lawsuit, wow what arrogance. These folks seem to know the law inside and out so solicitor Adams you don't stand a snow ball chance just a money making case for you, cheat the residents yet again

Since: Nov 08

Mountain Top

#4 Jan 19, 2009
PAOpenCarry.org

*** For Immediate Release - January 19, 2009 ***

GUN OWNERS TO SEEK CLARIFICATION THAT RESIDUAL GUN BAN EXISTS

After a closed door session with its Solicitor Mike Adams, West Mifflin Council has contacted PaOpenCarry.org Activism Coordinator Greg Rotz and Allegheny County Sportsmen’s League Legislative Committee Chairman, Kim Stolfer, to inform them that council has decided not to move forward with its prior decision to purchase and install a metal detector. What is not clear is whether or not any policy or ordinance banning firearms at Borough Council meetings or property exists. The desire to enforce such a policy was the apparent motivation for the decision to purchase a metal detector.

Both Greg Rotz and Kim Stolfer (ACSL Legislative Committee Chairman) will be addressing council on Tuesday, January 20 at the regular meeting.

Council will be requested to issue a formal resolution to the firearms prohibition. Title 18, subsection 6120 of the Pa. Crimes Code specifically prohibits localities from ‘in any manner’ regulating firearms carry except as provided for by state law. Very simply, West Mifflin can not prohibit people from attending council meetings simply because they are legally armed.

A number of firearms rights proponents, local and from neighboring communities, are expected to attend the meeting on Tuesday, armed, both openly (no license required) and legally concealed with appropriate license or exception to licensing. West Mifflin and surrounding area firearms owners, as well as all those interested in ensuring the rule of law is observed by their local governments, are encouraged to attend this meeting to support those addressing council in regards to their legal obligation to comply with the law.

Rich Banks
Founder: PaOpenCarry.org

Media Contacts:
PAOpenCarry.org Founder:
Rich Banks, [email protected]

PAOpenCarry.org Activisim Coordinator:
Greg Rotz, [email protected]

Chairman, legislative committee of the Allegheny County Sportsmen's League
Kim Stolfer, [email protected]

OpenCarry.org co-founders:
Mike Stollenwerk, [email protected]
John Pierce, [email protected]
low and behold

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Jan 20, 2009
way to go folks, somone needs to put these folks in place they think they can do whatever the want
it could be worse

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Jan 20, 2009
Next thing you know the Chief will violate signed agreements. Oh wait, nevermind.
river rat

Homestead, PA

#7 Feb 4, 2009
And the walls come tumbling down !!!!!!!!!! HEE HEE HEE !!!

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#9 May 15, 2009
low and behold wrote:
the most amazing comment is that the solicitor thinks he would have a chance to win a lawsuit, wow what arrogance. These folks seem to know the law inside and out so solicitor Adams you don't stand a snow ball chance just a money making case for you, cheat the residents yet again
That's his money making skimming program,,,
shilo_931

Homestead, PA

#10 May 15, 2009
Hey everyone click on the link below .I'm confused....This guy is up for re-election on boro council...He claims to be a Democrat...and is registered as one.......so click on the link and go down to his name......he gave 500 bucks to the Republican Party a few years ago.....What's up with that???? Is he really Democrat or just wants to pretend to be one....just to get votes in West Mifflin,,,,,,

http://www.padems.com/node/1918
mother teresa

Bothell, WA

#11 May 16, 2009
Hey everyone click on the link below .I'm confused....This guy is up for re-election on boro council...He claims to be a Democrat...and is registered as one.......so click on the link and go down to his name......he gave 500 bucks to the Republican Party a few years ago.....What's up with that???? Is he really Democrat or just wants to pretend to be one....just to get votes in West Mifflin,,,,,,

He never gave the money,,,,,,Mike Adams gave him the money.........to do a FAVOR for a certain cause !!!!
Riverview voter

Homestead, PA

#13 May 16, 2009

I heard Mr. Jabbour was skimming off of Prince Humbert in Duq, no wonder they closed down he was their public accountant,and now reopened after paying for his mess up, ask around down there in Duquesne. Mrs. Jabbour knew about it, I heard he spent over $90,000.00 on 2 campaignes. Just ask around up at the projects...he's cooking the books up at Riverview too!! I bet he can stuff a wad of bills up his big nose.You'd think he take wifey on some nice vacations for 90 thousand dollars !!!! Ask the Jabbour's when the last time they were on vacation instead of finding ways to skim money off the tax payers and the poor at Riverview Homes Assoc.. VOTE OUT JABBOUR AND HER BED BUDDY WELSH !! Yeah I am hearing the folks in Riverview want to know if the Arab obtained the money legally???? I mean he donated 99 % of hid campaign money from his bank account( well I mean someone else's money that he put in there)
tell a friend in WM

Homestead, PA

#22 May 17, 2009
West Mifflin tax payers need to see this...more money for campaigns????? WOW !!!!
http://www.padems.com/node/1978#comment-2345
DONT SHOW ME DA MONEY

Homestead, PA

#30 May 21, 2009
HEY !! I heard a good one today !!! Come closer to the monitor. The "chief" is going to make the wife "resign" to make room for HIS person to vote on his 75 % pension. You see,the wife cant vote on her husband's raises/pensions/demotions/prom otions,etc. Conflict of interest..so It's going to be a 3-3 tie to give him his 75% pension. That would be approx.$75,000.00 For RETIREMENT??? Naturally 3 will vote for this person the help the chief get his pension,and the other 3 will vote that person down ,and put in who they want to vote AGAINST this ridiculous pension amount. We have that all planned out,IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN !!! We saw that coming as soon as we got the majority in. You can try "cheif" but NICE TRY.. We seen that move coming in advance and we have solution figured out that you will NEVER get your 75 %. We are two steps ahead of you. Watch who you talk to down at the police station,you never know who your friend's really are !!!! Here is the link to the wife's advice from the State Ethnics Commission Website. NO LOOP HOLES here ,we already checked with the state...She cant get around this advice.

http://www.ethicsrulings.state.pa.us/DocView....
mud slide

Homestead, PA

#34 May 24, 2009
ya LIL DaDDy wrote:
Misleading election litature sent to west mifflin residents. OLASZ CLAIMS LITATURE IS SLANDER this shows how rotton welsh and jobbour are.
Yeah that's coming next..the attorney for Olasz is researching that stuff now, Can't pin this on the borough tax payers tab. Just 2 people will be involved in this one. Maybe they can get donations from the people that donated to their campaign. By that time the solicitor,manager,engineering firm,and insurance firm will be LONG GONE. We'll get honest people in there to work with ALL council members,not just a few. Isn't that the way it should be? Yep just look up Jabbour/Welsh campaign contributions,it's all there. I counted about $14,000.00 in contributions from the law firm.the engineering firm and the insurance company that represents the borough ALL gave BIG BUCKS . Makes you wonder ,huh? Think about it? Can you say "CLICK" ?
sally sandbox

Homestead, PA

#37 May 24, 2009
Yeah ,dont forget about this guy,our famous solicitor. Seems he pays for his council puppets.
Read all about it !!! Seems like all the washed up lawyers can only get jobs leeching off of small townships and boroughs. Most lawyers I know have their own practice and do very well. He'll be gone come January 2010. We will replace him with a solicitor that has intelligence and a personality,without pulling the wool over the tax payers eyes!And doing backroom deals. WE got rid of 2 of his puppets ,he won't be around when we get rid of the other two in 2 years !!.. WE THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN !!! Good Luck Jefferson Hills,he'll be ALL yours!!

Click on link to see how he operates

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08157/887323-5...
puppets on strings

Homestead, PA

#47 May 28, 2009
I like to send this song out for the 4 members of council for the years 2008-2009. Here's to you Billy,Arlene,Rhonda,Joe Falce. the best 4-3 voters in the whole county !!!
Click on link to sing along....

j wise

United States

#52 Mar 20, 2013
What a joke
elections office

West Mifflin, PA

#53 Mar 20, 2013
isnt ms jabbour running for county council?
to take the place of Macey?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Royal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Reverend Norman E. Huff Aug 21 Pat Stum Arbegast 1
Looking for Cocker Spaniel Stud to breed with m... (Apr '09) Aug 14 Vita 65
News Four charged with animal cruelty for dropping p... (May '13) Jul '16 jackwell 22
Lewistown Borough Police Department (Nov '09) Jul '16 Angry teenage girl 1,524
vincent e martz egor Jul '16 martz friends 1
News Shooting leaves 2 dead (Jul '15) Jun '16 Nope 7
Let's reminisce! (Apr '10) May '16 Noplacelikehome 339

Port Royal Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Port Royal Mortgages