Cameras at several intersections in N...

Cameras at several intersections in New Port Richey to catch red light runners

There are 1 comment on the St. Petersburg Times story from May 28, 2011, titled Cameras at several intersections in New Port Richey to catch red light runners. In it, St. Petersburg Times reports that:

Run a red light, cameras will be watching you Drivers take note: Red light cameras are up and running along U.S. 19 at Main Street , Marine Parkway , Cross Bayou and Gulf Drive .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Petersburg Times.

The truth

New Port Richey, FL

#1 May 29, 2011
If a cop see's you run a light and you get caught by the camera does that cop still pull you over?
The reason i ask is, red light running is dangerous, do they give them a stern talking to?
It just seems that now that the cameras are up they dont have to worry about that....so now its just a wolf pack setting up speed traps.
It seems to me that they could set up speed cameras and and just stick to aleviating crime.
Btw does anyone know how much of that revenue comes back to are area?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Richey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
us vets - wow 10 hr Susanne K 26
say something more than nothing Nov 10 YIKES 1
police helicopter search (May '12) Nov 8 Marie 36
Weed Nov 6 eat chocolate 3
Got Hummer? Join Florida Hummer Club for free! (Jun '12) Nov 3 end pends 34
tell your tale Nov 1 WORLD WISE 1
Where is Greg? Nov 1 ssk 3

Port Richey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance