Pain-clinic crackdown stalled

Pain-clinic crackdown stalled

There are 24 comments on the Palm Beach Post story from Jan 16, 2011, titled Pain-clinic crackdown stalled. In it, Palm Beach Post reports that:

Drug users in Florida are dying of pill overdoses at a rate of seven per day as measures aimed at curbing crooked pain clinics are held up in a thicket of delays and setbacks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Palm Beach Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ihurt

Port Richey, FL

#23 Apr 29, 2011
thks...i do have good days. i refer to it like the water at the beach. It comes and goes, but watch out for those big ones, they will knock u on ur butt

i have been referred to the pain management, but after all that's been on tv, even i am a bit leary. After all, it's not like i want a boatload of stuff and (yes, i can find humor) after all, i probably won't need it for too long anyway.
The truth

Port Richey, FL

#24 Apr 29, 2011
The real issue is people who abuse these pills (the doctors and people)
I myself have major pain problems and opted out of surgery (no insurance) and pain managment due to the fact that i knew thats a one way ticket to a crappy existance.
I do have a script for vicodin but i take less than 5 a year, i know they do work for intense pain but i'd never take it to get high,
Its really a truley horrible epidemic.
U know

La Porte, IN

#25 May 28, 2011
Pills are the devil in his most tangible form. My lesson is learned
Dawn

Fort Worth, TX

#26 May 29, 2011
U know wrote:
Pills are the devil in his most tangible form. My lesson is learned
AMEN!!!!! I started with a real reason and before I knew it.... Dependant. It is awful when you come to know that stopping is far,far worse than the pain that got you there in the first place. If you take them for fun, please be careful.... They are indeed the Devil!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Richey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hmmm (Jan '15) 21 min anonymous 808
love lasts Mon gone bye 1
Dumping in wellhead (Sep '14) Mon Rusty Viking 18
why try when nada is Aug 30 died 1
Review: Kimura Spa (Mar '09) Aug 29 Dabberguy 7
Amy de voul Aug 29 Big bob 1
go go go Aug 27 sigh 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Port Richey Mortgages