Twenty-month-old Pasco boy, mauled to...

Twenty-month-old Pasco boy, mauled to death by family dog, identified

There are 8 comments on the St. Petersburg Times story from Dec 13, 2009, titled Twenty-month-old Pasco boy, mauled to death by family dog, identified. In it, St. Petersburg Times reports that:

It was 11:30 Saturday night when Andrew Walters burst into his parents' home. "Dallas is gone," Walters told his father and mother.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Petersburg Times.

Bug

Brandon, FL

#1 Dec 14, 2009
I can't believe people still have these dogs as pets. The breed should be done away with. I love dogs, but Rottweilers and Pit Bulls are nothing but trouble. How could anyone possible allow one around a child. Unbelievable. That poor family that has lost their baby.
lyons falls

United States

#2 Dec 22, 2009
i beleave that all dogs are the same, it is all in the way they are raised. i have a 6 year old rottweiler that we have had sence he was 4 weeks old. i have three children and they always have their friends over the dog has never showed any anger except for when the time when aguy came to the house for directions and got to close to my son then the dog showed his teeth the guy steped back real fast. i have to say he is one of the best dogs we had except for the golden lab we had.
MSN_KY

United States

#3 Dec 25, 2009
I have a american bulldog(not a pitbull), and a English Bulldog, and both play very nice with my one year old, despite the ear pulling, and tail tugging. I agree, its not the breeds, but the way they are raised. With that being said, when food is present or friend children are around, I tend to put them up, as a precaution, not because of anything they have done in the pat.
Little Momma

Tampa, FL

#4 Jul 16, 2010
Bug wrote:
I can't believe people still have these dogs as pets. The breed should be done away with. I love dogs, but Rottweilers and Pit Bulls are nothing but trouble. How could anyone possible allow one around a child. Unbelievable. That poor family that has lost their baby.
Bug... I assume that is your nickname because your brain is the size of a bug.

“some...you just can't reach”

Since: Jun 08

others...you don't want to

#5 Jul 17, 2010
whereas bug is a little off, and i do agree that the way a dog is ....is because of it's upbringing.....common sense should still be your guide....you do not leave a little one alone with ANY dog...or any animal for that matter.

i do not believe a pitt bull is dangerous on it's own if treated right....but i still would not leave a baby alone with it

common sense.....isn't
Pit mix owner

United States

#6 Jul 29, 2010
I agree. My 8 month old daughter loves our pitt mix and they get along great. Our dog has never showed any aggression towards her. Yet I would never leave them alone together. My friend's 8 year old sister puts dresses on her and that "vicious pit bull" sits there and plays tea party and dress up with her. My friend's family owns a mini schnauzer who won't let her do this. We always keep an eye on the dogs when kids are playing with them.
agreed

Spring Hill, FL

#7 Dec 14, 2011
Bug wrote:
I've been around pitbulls my whole life. They r bred killers. So many people around here have them, which is a shame. They're a disaster waiting to happen if u have small kids, or neighbors with kids.
Pit Owner

Davenport, FL

#8 Dec 14, 2011
I have owned Pits for years and so does my sister who has a three yr old. He is the sweetest, gentlest dog you have ever seen. Yes he is big and his size and bark may scare you, but if you know how to train them they are amazing dogs and would own a 1000 of them. I might add at one point we had a lab too which we had to get rid of because of how she was to my niece. Oh but you never here those stories.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Richey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hmmm (Jan '15) 6 hr run into he 1,722
why must we be who we be 7 hr hermit burned sun 1
they LEFT ME be hind >>>> 8 hr in the sun at 1
Shane Burbank, anyone seen or heard from him? (Dec '09) Wed out st 40
News Doctor accused of fondling another woman (Oct '07) Jun 25 Sarah 37
fugative and wanted Jun 25 oneoften 1
Florida Panther Sighting in Spring Hill (Jun '10) Jun 24 the watcher 31

Port Richey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance