All about Mt.Hood......None about the...

All about Mt.Hood......None about the ASH boat?!?!?!?

Posted in the Port Orford Forum

“R.I.P ROBBIE,JOSH, LOUIS, MARK”

Since: Dec 06

Rocklin-CA, PortOrford-ORG

#1 Dec 27, 2006
That is BULLSHIT!!!! I dont understand why there is all of this shit all over the news about the men on Mt. Hood, but there aint shit about the men on the Ash. Man-oh-man, that is just not right. It should be all over the news too, it is just important. Well that is all for now....thanx
ANDREA LOBO

Henderson, NV

#2 Dec 28, 2006
I'm with you sister. I have been saying that from the begining. It really sucks. I have searched everyday trying to find any information possible and everytime I see search for missing or rescuers found it is always about the Mt. Hood men. It is even more important to Louis Lobos family and friends in Las Vegas who have been given little or no information except for what i dig up on the web. I just don't get it, I guess I never will.

“R.I.P ROBBIE,JOSH, LOUIS, MARK”

Rocklin-CA, PortOrford-ORG

#3 Dec 28, 2006
Ya, I know how you feel! Josh was like my brother and I cant believe that they just arent giving it as much as they are for the Mt. Hood! My dad feels like it is his fault that they died that day, and he is so pissed off that the News doesnt show more on it. And I really dont understand why they dont refresh the stupid pages on this site. I was hoping that I could find more out on the web, but I have to call my parents to get ANY new news, and that really bothers me too! But Im sooo sorry for your loss! My dad only has great things to say about Luis Lobo!
Cecil

United States

#4 Dec 29, 2006
Andrea, please contact me and I will give you the right information not rumors.

Cecil Ashdown, Robbies wife.
ANDREA LOBO

Henderson, NV

#5 Dec 29, 2006
Cecil wrote:
Andrea, please contact me and I will give you the right information not rumors.
Cecil Ashdown, Robbies wife.
Cecil I would love to contact you if you could e-mail me direct with a way to do so, at [email protected] I would greatly appreciate it.
Carol Berger

Mobile, AL

#6 Dec 29, 2006
I agree entirely about all the publicity on the Mt. Hood climbers getting all the attention. They were idiots, who didn't know what they were doing (pictures show they were poorly equipped, and they chose to go out in exceptionally bad weather) and had no good reason to go. The crew of the Ash was just trying to make a living for their families, were experienced, and exercised their best judgment. A friend in Gold Bech e-mailed me right after the vessel went down, and was forwarding me the reports from the police scanner, so I had a lot of good information from the start. But then I couldn't find anything else for days! Everyone I talked to has had - even now - a VERY hard time getting ANY information, much less reliable. And everyone I know has been following this intensely. There certainly has not been the t.v. coverage that this deserved. Some of the papers are beginning to come around and print some stuff, but it has been very hard to find on-line coverage, and overall, the coverage has just not been there when we needed it the most. Seems like the media just doesn't get it! The loss of four fishermen in a small town like this is a major tragedy. I heard that 650 people, myself included, attended the memorial service. Thank God the people of Port Orford valued these men more than the media does! My heart goes out to all the friends and family who lost their loved ones. They will be remembered.

AOL

#7 Dec 29, 2006
Cecil - do you think it's right that Joshua's father had decided to
go against his wishes to be cremated? My brother was adamant
about not being put in the ground, when I told him that Joshua
& the othermen who were aboard the Ash would be memorialized
at the stone on the dock he said "whoopdy doo". His reason for
wanting to put my brother in the ground is completely selfish. I
thought you might understand because I read that Rob had told
you he wanted to be put to rest at sea. I doubt Cappy would go
against his son's wishes.When he said at the memorial service that
Josh was like a son tohim I believed him - because my brother was
in need of a father. Please tell me what you think. & I am so sorry
for your loss . Finding out that the service was on your birthday
made my heart ache for you so very much.
Ginger

Burlingame, CA

#8 Dec 29, 2006
I agree with you on the publicity. Right after the accident and in CA trying to find out anything meant so much for me, being so far away. One of the newspaper article bothered me enough to e-mail the writer. Most articles written have the name and contact information. I'm very much like my brother Robbie and don't want to say things to hurt others but out of frustration I wrote the writer. We all have the right so let our voices be heard. Good or bad. For such a small community it is very sad that the state of Oregon has not picked up on this story. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the families and friends of these four wonderful men, who like you said were doing a just doing their job to provide for their families.
Carol Berger wrote:
I agree entirely about all the publicity on the Mt. Hood climbers getting all the attention. They were idiots, who didn't know what they were doing (pictures show they were poorly equipped, and they chose to go out in exceptionally bad weather) and had no good reason to go. The crew of the Ash was just trying to make a living for their families, were experienced, and exercised their best judgment. A friend in Gold Bech e-mailed me right after the vessel went down, and was forwarding me the reports from the police scanner, so I had a lot of good information from the start. But then I couldn't find anything else for days! Everyone I talked to has had - even now - a VERY hard time getting ANY information, much less reliable. And everyone I know has been following this intensely. There certainly has not been the t.v. coverage that this deserved. Some of the papers are beginning to come around and print some stuff, but it has been very hard to find on-line coverage, and overall, the coverage has just not been there when we needed it the most. Seems like the media just doesn't get it! The loss of four fishermen in a small town like this is a major tragedy. I heard that 650 people, myself included, attended the memorial service. Thank God the people of Port Orford valued these men more than the media does! My heart goes out to all the friends and family who lost their loved ones. They will be remembered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Orford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rippoff or ???? Sep '17 joe bill 1
News Logging companies lose resources in Horse Prair... Sep '17 Nolan 1
News DeFazio to hold town hall Monday at Roseburg Hi... Aug '17 We hate coos bay ... 1
Gold Beach Jukebox (Jun '12) Jul '17 Musikologist 17
Looking for someone to facesit me (Mar '16) Jul '17 TipsyFromCentralC... 3
John K. Hutchison - Is this the famous self-pr... (Apr '15) Mar '17 JOHN K HUTCHISON 3
News Oregon festival's giant nutcracker: 41 feet (Nov '14) Nov '14 DILF 4

Port Orford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Port Orford Mortgages