Review: A Bug In A Rug Daycare

Review: A Bug In A Rug Daycare

Posted in the Port Orchard Forum

unreliable

Bremerton, WA

#1 Jan 23, 2010
need care for an infant in Aug for less than 5hrs a wk. I spoke w/Sue owner a couple of wks ago. We set up a mting at her daycare for today @4:30pm because I work in same town @6pm. Mapquest directions were incorrect. I called her hm. She was not there. DH gave me directions and Sue's cell#. I called her. She said she thought I was to be at her hm at 11:30am and since I was a no show she filled my spot. REALLY? It was very clear when making appointment I would come in eve prior to my wk not in the afternoon! Very disappointed as she sounded very nice and on the ball when spoke w/her. I am glad I know this now and would never trust her w/my child!........not a way to run a business!
Ethans Momma

Tacoma, WA

#2 May 16, 2010
I don't think I could have chosen a better daycare for my son. Sue was the most amazing person with him and he would actually ask to go to her house even on my days off. If you ever are looking for an amazing daycare where your child will love going CALL HER!
Hannahs Mom

Silverdale, WA

#3 May 25, 2010
I know I made the right choice when I took my 18 month daughter to Susan. Hannah is now 4 and doing great. She loves going to her Sue's house.
Hannah comes home everyday happy clean, well feed and with so much to talk about. I love seeing her so happy. Plus Sue's Preschool is great
Hannah knows her letters,numbers,reads,writes,y ou name it my little girl can do it..........
Sue we love you Keep up the good work..
One Happy MOMMY

Silverdale, WA

#4 Aug 5, 2012
I just want to say Auntie Sue is GREAT! I have had my kids with her for 2 years and now we have another one on the way... She is the sweetest lady, she treats the kids like they were her's yes she loves them and all the kids love her. No way would I have went back to work if we did not find her on craigslist. I can't say enough about her. please call me I would be happy to tell you about her.
One Happy MOMMY

Silverdale, WA

#5 Aug 31, 2012
I meet Sue at a yard sale. She was playing with my daughter while I was looking around lol I thought it was her sale. come to find out she was looking like me for new toys for her daycare. My daughter just loved her. We have been thinking about changing daycare's but did not have the energy to find another one. Well God found her for us. It was a match made in heaven. We are still with her after a year.

Sue will do anything to help you out from staying open late... Poor girl I've done it to her a few times. She also will keep the kids so we can have date nights or on weekends... I love this because my daughter don't have a bunch of different people watching her.
I hope I helped you just a little. I know how hard it is to find a loving person to watch your little one. All I can say is give her a call.
A Happy mommy

Silverdale, WA

#6 Dec 11, 2012
Maybe when you were late Susie choose right then she did not want a parent like you in here childcare. Can't be ontime to meet. We all know parents like you that will be late to pick up your child at the end of the night.
unreliable wrote:
need care for an infant in Aug for less than 5hrs a wk. I spoke w/Sue owner a couple of wks ago. We set up a mting at her daycare for today @4:30pm because I work in same town @6pm. Mapquest directions were incorrect. I called her hm. She was not there. DH gave me directions and Sue's cell#. I called her. She said she thought I was to be at her hm at 11:30am and since I was a no show she filled my spot. REALLY? It was very clear when making appointment I would come in eve prior to my wk not in the afternoon! Very disappointed as she sounded very nice and on the ball when spoke w/her. I am glad I know this now and would never trust her w/my child!........not a way to run a business!
funny

Bardstown, KY

#7 Dec 11, 2012
funny
Sara momma

Port Orchard, WA

#8 Jan 15, 2014
Hello fellow parents I know this is hard looking for Childcare. Me and my husband started looking 3 months before we needed care, thankful we did Sue had a waiting list because she is wonderful with the kids. I want to add she don't take your whole paycheck every week. She spends so much on our kids taking them to the zoo, music house. She never asks for a dime she always says she's got it. She is picky on the family's she takes
Amy

Port Orchard, WA

#9 Oct 25, 2015
I just had my daughter and Sue no longer takes infants. We are sad. She will start with Sue the day she turns 12 months... I still am looking for a daycare for my little girl can't seem to find one as good as a bug in a rug
Momoffour0823

Seattle, WA

#10 May 30, 2016
Unreliable,wishy washy very back and forth

After seeing her post on Facebook about having openings I started talking with Sue about my three children starting care with her. I was in the process of getting my dshs subsidy approved and told her I would be in contact and so would dshs. On Monday my childcare was 90% approved but they were waiting for my fiances employees to verify his wages and hours and I informed her of this and told her that it would be taken care of Tuesday and it was thano fully. We agreed for my kids to start June 1st so that I wouldn't have to pay a full month's copay for only needing 3 days of care in may and set up a meeting for Friday evening. She messaged me Friday and said he aunt had passed and that she could not meet I told her no problem let me know when she can. On Monday may 30th (memorial day) she informed me she had an accident and couldn't lift over 3 lbs and would no longer be able to take my baby which meant none of my kids could go because I can't separate them. Now I have one day because Tosca is a holiday to try and find childcare before I'm supposed to be back at work on Wednesday. She then deleted me from Facebook I kind of feel like there is another reason behind her bailing on my kids last minute but I'll never know. I do know I'll never recommend her to anyone I'm very disappointed finding childcare for an infant is very hard and to give me one day to do so is impossible and I could lose my job over this.
A Bug Daycare

Port Orchard, WA

#11 Aug 26, 2016
Momoffour0823 wrote:
Unreliable,wishy washy very back and forth

After seeing her post on Facebook about having openings I started talking with Sue about my three children starting care with her. I was in the process of getting my dshs subsidy approved and told her I would be in contact and so would dshs. On Monday my childcare was 90% approved but they were waiting for my fiances employees to verify his wages and hours and I informed her of this and told her that it would be taken care of Tuesday and it was thano fully. We agreed for my kids to start June 1st so that I wouldn't have to pay a full month's copay for only needing 3 days of care in may and set up a meeting for Friday evening. She messaged me Friday and said he aunt had passed and that she could not meet I told her no problem let me know when she can. On Monday may 30th (memorial day) she informed me she had an accident and couldn't lift over 3 lbs and would no longer be able to take my baby which meant none of my kids could go because I can't separate them. Now I have one day because Tosca is a holiday to try and find childcare before I'm supposed to be back at work on Wednesday. She then deleted me from Facebook I kind of feel like there is another reason behind her bailing on my kids last minute but I'll never know. I do know I'll never recommend her to anyone I'm very disappointed finding childcare for an infant is very hard and to give me one day to do so is impossible and I could lose my job over this.
First of all NO way would I agree to you not paying all your copay. DSHS takes that amount out of my check off the top. I work hard for my money.
I will not consider a spot filled until paper work is filled out and email is sent to me from the state. I told you your kids could start but you had to pay cash. I would not save so many spots and not get paid!
A Bug Daycare

Port Orchard, WA

#12 Aug 26, 2016
unreliable wrote:
I think what people don't understand is when you come to interview us (daycare) we are interviewing you as well.this is a business and not everyone that come in our daycare is a good fit. The child or the parent. Just because you need childcare don't mean I want you as a client. With that being said if you are late to meet or just don't show up I will not give you a second chance because the next family that walks threw my door will respect what I do as a business. They will pay and be on time. Sorry you were not a good fit for me!
Jess

Tacoma, WA

#13 Aug 27, 2016
My kids have been with Suzy for 2 years.
This lady works her butt off for all our kids, she works sick because she knows we can't call off. If I have to work over time I just give her a call she has never said no or charged me for being late.
If you want your child to be with someone that not only teach your child but will love them then she is the daycare for you. She is GREAT and we love her.
Sara

Port Orchard, WA

#14 Nov 11, 2016
We stared are 13 month old with his now Auntie Sue 6 months ago this lady is not just a daycare she is part of our family.

Thank you Sue for loving our little girl

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Orchard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Gig Harbor (Nov '13) Tue Ashley r 135
News News 11 Mins Ago Trump hotel is the place to be... Mar 7 o see the light 9
News Pierce County pair found guilty of assault, the... (Feb '06) Feb '17 Steven1958 7
Group sex (Feb '12) Feb '17 Johnny doe 16
Need some sex with women Jan '17 Begoosedbygoose69 2
New2You should be renamed Nazi2You (Nov '15) Dec '16 Dan 2
Pure Dec '16 New2brem 1

Port Orchard Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Port Orchard Mortgages