Police: Driver who hit, killed pedestrian identified

Nov 18, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The News-Journal

A man police say struck and killed a pedestrian on Ridgewood Avenue has been identified as Scott H. Wheeler, Port Orange Capt.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Jun 13, 2013
MARIE

Orlando, FL

#1 Nov 19, 2008
PLEASE PRAY FOR THE FAMILIES OF BOTH PARTIES INVOLVED. THIS A SAD THING FOR THE FAMILIES OF BOTH PEOPLE.PLEASE
MARIE

Orlando, FL

#2 Nov 19, 2008
THE COMMENT ABOUT THE JAY WALKING SHOULD HAVE BEEN DELETED IMMEDIANTLY, ACCORDING TO THE RULES AND ETHICS
Michael

Harlingen, TX

#3 Dec 15, 2008
From what I heard this Scott guy is a big wig for a local Orlando distributor. Was it drunk driving?
Bonnie

Boca Raton, FL

#4 Jan 6, 2009
Was it a DUI?
Katy

Deltona, FL

#5 Feb 10, 2009
I know the wheelers they're family is very screwed up...I'm suprised the police haven't sent every on to jail yet. Theryre daughter is annoying the son is stupid and the daughters had herclicensed taken away multiple times
almost

Kissimmee, FL

#6 Mar 15, 2009
Scott WAS a big wig at a local orlando flooring distributor. The corporate office made an announcement recently, in a trade paper, that he is retiring blah blah blah and he has made many contributions. He sold the company for millions 2 yrs ago. who are they kidding? they forced him to quit.
Not so Happy

Orlando, FL

#7 Mar 15, 2009
Money talks, and the rest of us........ well we would be in jail!
Voice of Reason

Winter Springs, FL

#8 Jun 16, 2010
I completely agree with Marie's post. Everyone needs to pray for both families. What people need to understand is (i)yes, it is wrong to drink and drive; (ii) but, everyone needs to look in the mirror and realize that what happened to Scott Wheeler could have happened to many of us at some point in time. As far as Katy's post, that is simply ridiculous...to talk about members of the Defendant's family is low. The family members are irrelevant to Scott's actions, and they do not need to be associated with the alleged crime. Overall, it is a sad event, but come on people, do not stoop to low levels...let's just pray for the families to get through this.

Since: Apr 10

Sanford, FL

#9 Jun 17, 2010
Scott Wheeler use to live in Winter Springs?
some one who knows scott

United States

#10 Jun 17, 2010
i agree with marie and voice of reason. we need to pray for both families. life changing things can happen in 30 seconds called accidents. i know scott is no criminal and that this type of thing can happen anywhere to any of us who drive and use a cell phone. i know there are a lot worse people running around volusia county who belong in jail.
BWD

Orlando, FL

#11 Jun 20, 2010
Scott is a great husband, father, and son and has a good heart. This is a tragedy for both families involved- there are no winners here. There are
very few of us that this could not have happened to at some point in our
lives. Please pray for both families and refrain from judging or making
hurtful statements. Today is Father's Day- a tough one for the family.
kaleigh wheeler

Melbourne, FL

#12 Jul 16, 2010
I pray for you and your slander and judgement on people you really DON'T know. Just for the record I am the oldest daughter of Scott Wheeler and never have been to jail and have gotten a speeding ticket, thats it. I graduated at the top of my class with a 4.1 GPA.. But all that doesn't matter, its what is in my family's heart that does matter. My father is a wonderful man who has helped people and only shown compassion and mercy for others. My family is a christian family and we put God at the center of our lives. This accident that occurred in november 2008 has devastated our entire family. According the the police officer of port orange, when he was on the stand testifying he stated that the accident was unavoidable with the universal formula that is used to calculate distance and perception time. So please don't gossip if you really don't know the story, do not judge, for you will be judged someday. Lastly lease pray for everyone affected by this situation. I would not wish this to happen on my worst enemy. God bless all.

Since: Apr 10

Sanford, FL

#13 Jul 19, 2010
kaleigh wheeler wrote:
I pray for you and your slander and judgement on people you really DON'T know. Just for the record I am the oldest daughter of Scott Wheeler and never have been to jail and have gotten a speeding ticket, thats it. I graduated at the top of my class with a 4.1 GPA.. But all that doesn't matter, its what is in my family's heart that does matter. My father is a wonderful man who has helped people and only shown compassion and mercy for others. My family is a christian family and we put God at the center of our lives. This accident that occurred in november 2008 has devastated our entire family. According the the police officer of port orange, when he was on the stand testifying he stated that the accident was unavoidable with the universal formula that is used to calculate distance and perception time. So please don't gossip if you really don't know the story, do not judge, for you will be judged someday. Lastly lease pray for everyone affected by this situation. I would not wish this to happen on my worst enemy. God bless all.
Amen!
Bob in NSB

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#14 Jul 25, 2010
I've known the Wheeler family thru buisness for years. I use to sell carpet to their distributorship. I can tell you starting with Scott's father and his sister there were no people in the industry more honorable. It is a tragady that unfortunatly could happen to any family. Kaleigh on a scale of1-10 your whole family rates a 20
Anonymous

United States

#15 Aug 1, 2010
We've all driven drunk at one point in our lives. Anyone who says differently is lying.
Thank God we didn't kill anyone or ourselves when we did it.
Scott didn't set out that night to murder someone. It was an accident. A horrific fatal car accident. Scott will pay the price for the rest of his life not just the 5 yrs he'll serve in jail. Pray for both families.
Lee Shaw

Atlanta, GA

#16 Sep 10, 2010
I HAVE KNOWN THE WHEELER'S FOR OVER 30 YEARS BOTH AS A SUPPLIER AND AS A FRIEND. THE WHEELER FAMILY HAS ALWAYS CONDUCTED ITSELF AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF INTEGRITY AND PROFESSIONALISM IN MORE WAYS THAN I COULD EVER RECOUNT. SCOTT WAS A WONDERFUL SON TO AN INCREDIBLE FATHER. I LOVED HOMER WHEELER AND I LOVE THIS FAMILY. I AM MORE THAN HEARTBROKEN AND DEVASTATED BY THIS NEWS THAT I JUST HEARD THIS WEEK.I TOO PRAY FOR ALL FAMILIES INVOLVED. WORDS CAN NOT EXPRESS MY SORROW FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED. MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY GOES OUT TO ALL....ESPECIALLY TO KALEIGH AND TO HER AUNT BONNIE. MUCH LOVE AND RESPECT FROM ALL THE SHAW'S!
Nancy

United States

#17 Nov 18, 2012
Katy wrote:
I know the wheelers they're family is very screwed up...I'm suprised the police haven't sent every on to jail yet. Theryre daughter is annoying the son is stupid and the daughters had herclicensed taken away multiple times
They defitnetly arent "screwed" up. Kaleigh gets nothing but good grades and is the nicest, caring friend i have ever known. You know, writing these negative lies about them is very immature and makes you look "stupid" and "annoying"
wildcat

Ashland, KY

#18 Jun 13, 2013
Yep and if it would have been the other way around the other guy would be a POS for driving drunk. Duh

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Orange Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
End Gerrymandering, again, Now! 4 hr CGardner Wilson 1
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 11 hr Sur 13 Beat 2,959
Review: Blue Dragon Video (Feb '10) 23 hr Deanw 24
Effort man heads to state jail in drug case Thu gone blind 3
400 lb Nurse Gone Wild! Thu gone blind 2
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Thu Liberal forever 2,121
NASCAR statement on Stewart news Aug 25 Jr IQ 88 20
•••
•••
•••

Port Orange Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Port Orange People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••