How to raise more revenue for Boonville

How to raise more revenue for Boonville

Posted in the Port Leyden Forum

Concerned Taxpayer

Boonville, NY

#1 Sep 16, 2012
I found a way to raise at the very least $36,000 a year for the town. Instead of the Police hanging out in Stewart's, they go to Big M plaza and give out tickets to all the people that think they are entitled to park along the curb. At least $100 a day revenue in tickets there alone. Then they can circle through the other parking lots and ticket all the people who park in the handicap parking spots. They can also ticket the people who park ridiculously crooked in the parking spots. Basically what I'm saying is, if the Boonville P.D. actually did thier job, we would have some more revenue.
Oh Ya

Northville, NY

#2 Sep 16, 2012
They can also ticket the people who park their cars in the front yards on Main Street. Ticket the business owners who park their cars in front of their stores all day long! Hang out and drink coffee next to the Sporting edge. Watch the people going in and out. Pay Tom a daily visit just to look around. Go undercover and watch the drug dealing in the great american parking lot at night. Go under cover and watch the druggies hide their drugs in flower beds on Main street, then hang out and find out who is picking up those drugs. Walk Main Street in stead of driving it.
right on

Ithaca, NY

#3 Sep 16, 2012
Oh Ya wrote:
They can also ticket the people who park their cars in the front yards on Main Street. Ticket the business owners who park their cars in front of their stores all day long! Hang out and drink coffee next to the Sporting edge. Watch the people going in and out. Pay Tom a daily visit just to look around. Go undercover and watch the drug dealing in the great american parking lot at night. Go under cover and watch the druggies hide their drugs in flower beds on Main street, then hang out and find out who is picking up those drugs. Walk Main Street in stead of driving it.
I have heard that they hide bath salts in flower beds for pick up...smooth! Tom's van sits parked in front of his store all day. Isn't that illegal? If he isn't still selling what are all the teen boys going in and out all the time for? Hes got money to take a vacation and hire someone to watch the store for him while he is gone. Hes getting it somewhere. Good citizens need to keep their eyes and ears open. Cloud 9 got the message now it's time for Sporting Edge to, too!
Johnny Depp

Boonville, NY

#4 Sep 18, 2012
Well lets leave all the 21 Jumpstreeting to a later date. For now, maybe they can do the simple things like actually write tickets to people who double park, and park in the handicap spots. real easy. Undercover, Uh like who isn't going to recognize like the five cops we have in town. They do have the authority to issue a citation though, correct?
right on !!!!

West Monroe, NY

#5 Sep 20, 2012
Concerned Taxpayer wrote:
I found a way to raise at the very least $36,000 a year for the town. Instead of the Police hanging out in Stewart's, they go to Big M plaza and give out tickets to all the people that think they are entitled to park along the curb. At least $100 a day revenue in tickets there alone. Then they can circle through the other parking lots and ticket all the people who park in the handicap parking spots. They can also ticket the people who park ridiculously crooked in the parking spots. Basically what I'm saying is, if the Boonville P.D. actually did thier job, we would have some more revenue.
I know for a fact that the manager of aplus parks there then goes shopping . There is one way to stop that and that is to make that section in the front a fire lane . The fines are stiffer and I think it would help keep the lazy asses from parking there.
argh

Cornelius, NC

#6 Sep 20, 2012
i think theyll just raise taxes..thats what govts do rather than downsize
Confused

Boonville, NY

#7 Sep 24, 2012
There are signs there that say no parking, loading zone. I see disabled people parking in spots and wheeeling themselves to the door. Why do all the lazy people need to park at the curb?
Calling All Cops

Boonville, NY

#8 Oct 15, 2012
Just because they have been parking there for ten years, doesn;t make it less illegal. Every time I go by I see minimum three people parked there, at $55 a ticket, that is like $165 every thirty minutes. It all boils down to LAZINESS! People to lazy to park where they should, cops to lazy to write the tickets. Unless there is corruption on the town Government..That couldn't be possible though right?
yup

Johnsburg, NY

#9 Oct 16, 2012
who the hell cares where they park. get a job. were they in your parking spot?
foodproduce

North Creek, NY

#10 Oct 22, 2012
put a indoor sports rec center in ethan allen
Mr Obvious

Boonville, NY

#11 Oct 29, 2012
yup wrote:
who the hell cares where they park. get a job. were they in your parking spot?
Generally hte law cares, taxpayers,concerned citizens. You knwo,people with educations. Not White Trash who thinks it is Okay to break the laws. Maybe it's okay then if they start driving drunk then too right? Like you said, "were they driving on my street, did they crash into my car." You arenot to smart. Taxes go up, cops not enforcing the laws.HELLO, ticket bring in this thing called REVENUE. I don't knowif you ave ever heard of that stuff. Yeah, it meansmoremoney for the town, and enforcement of NYS Laws. You know Laws right, they help keep civilization civilized? And nothing I do is ion the name of "hell", it should be more like who in the "heaven" cares, buddy. But I see what side of the spectrum you play from.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Leyden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fahqing pathetic lol 7 min Scumusekids 53
Where did it go ? 6 hr Disappear 8
American hotel (Aug '15) 10 hr Pots damn 11
Great American Grocery Store (Mar '13) Tue Darlene 267
For real "A" Mon Party girl 12
Republican election for town supervisor Sep 14 Know the facts 27
Phil boardman (May '16) Sep 4 Philip Boardman 2

Port Leyden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance