NWS: Catastrophic flooding in Houston...

NWS: Catastrophic flooding in Houston metro area expected to worsen; Could become historic

There are 1 comment on the WAVE-TV Louisville story from Aug 27, 2017, titled NWS: Catastrophic flooding in Houston metro area expected to worsen; Could become historic. In it, WAVE-TV Louisville reports that:

Catastrophic flooding in the Houston metropolitan area is expected to worsen and could be come historic in association with Hurricane Harvey, the National Weather Service says. Hourly rain totals up to 3" with local amounts to 7" are expected, bringing local storm total accumulations toward 35" locally by 18z.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVE-TV Louisville.

Andrew

Houston, TX

#1 Aug 30, 2017
There are precious few "rescues" going on in Houston. Most are just moving people from one place to another, people that were not at risk. Most "rescues" were the result of people being stupid, perhaps scared, and venturing out. They were always safe in their homes with 1-2 feet of water. Very few homes flooded more than 3-4 feet.

So, we're watching a dramatic narrative that is false at its core - these people are not being rescued, they're being moved. Moved to shelters. My properties had some flooding and we made arrangements. Nobody was ever in danger. No one went to shelters or were "saved" by boat or helicopter. They just understood and dealt with the reality of flooding.

Rarely, during Harvey was life at danger. A little water in your home is not danger, it's just uncomfortable.

Perhaps, as planning for future disasters begins, we'll reach an understanding about real risks and stop trying to be victims and heroes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Lavaca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Texas (Dis... (Oct '10) Oct 19 Fart Thanks 13
Jobs? Jul '18 Abc12e 1
Woman driving drunk in Victoria with daughters ... Jun '18 Crying clown 1
Any (May '18) May '18 Wondering 1
News A Houston man and his fishing boat carried neig... (Apr '18) Apr '18 Walter glen stockton 2
News I Want to Know: Why is it trashy? (Oct '08) Jan '18 Taco 12
News Tattooing Texas Strong (Oct '17) Oct '17 Ink of Farts 1

Port Lavaca Jobs

Personal Finance

Port Lavaca Mortgages