Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

I used to work at little stars daycare. I just wanted people to know what kind of a business alta Herrera Eli's is running. When running a business you should always pay your employees first. She never pays her employees on time and blames it on food program checks yet she is always spotted eating out taking trips. The food served at little stars is mostly donated expired food and roman noodles and skillet mix. Yet she receives money from the government to feed the children. She constantly creates fundraisers for the daycare which for one is ridiculous because it is a business not a school or church. What kind of business holds fundraisers and constantly asks for donations. She also raises money for other people in need but who's to say she doesn't create all these donations to pocket some money. I am not making any of this up I just feel so many employees and parents are being scammed something has to be done.
winner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

So true she always makes news letters monthly for parents asking for all kinds of donations. Even if her funding is low she should still pay her employees on time they deserve it its not they're fault she doesn't run her business correctly
Ex employee also

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

Yeah I'm wondering if we worked together I dealt with the same things she never paid on time.one time she skipped me a check , luckily I noticed by checking my check stub dates. I did notice the poor nutrution everyday. I would always bring fruits and snacks for my own class. And this was so misunderstood because we received a food gov. Check. While I was there I also witnessed the 2nd person in charge lave a child in the hot car for 50mins. Because she had fell asleep and they forgot.. How do you forget your job..child care. That's why I had quit , I couldn't stand buy and support any of this after nothing was done after that situation. I think alta has great potential for a good business but the wrong people in her workplace.
Tired

Wharton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

That is horrible my child goes there. Something should be done, she is always doing volunteer services and donations wonder how much of the fundraiser money goes towards her family and friends personal life!!!
Melissa

Wharton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Why hasn't anyone reported her I this is true?
Palacios girl

Wharton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Well because she is a con artist, she knows how to play the system and worst of all her employees. Never pays on time but justifies it by making them sign a paper when hired! It is still wrong she should go without and pay her employees first that is what a business is about! Yet her face book is her always going out to eat with family and friends. She buys the cheapest food and serves old nasty food. She is being very selfish and not thinking I her employees
Crystal

Wharton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Can you believe I was dropping my child off and alta had a change jar that read spare change donation for spending money for Miss Alta's trip for Disney world get real you own a business and don't even pay your employees!!
Alta Ellis -Herrera

Bay City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

I'm truly sorry that all of you feel this way. i am glad you found a place to vent together. I have struggled as a business owner...the over head and cost are outragous. Every person that has ever had a bad thing to say about me..if you step back and look..i helped all of you in one way or another.It took years to get the business thriving. We almost closed our doors soo many times. Payroll was always late..it was a hassle. I am not a con artist..but if it makes you feel better than enjoy your phrase. I help people and for years let people walk all over me in doing so. I lost amazing employees because we could not pay them on time. Thank God..our business has grown and learned from past mistakes..as does every business..and person. Loving children and providing care for them does not make me a bad person..neither does struggling at it. I hope you all have a blessed day.
Disappointed

Bay City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

It just amazes me ignorant how people can be so judgmental and quick to assume....obviously disgruntled employees, there is so much overhead in any small privately owned business, especially in a small town! All Im saying is there are two sides to every story and I always teach my children to never assume unless you know all the facts, my child has been there for a few years, and knowing what it has done for them I couldn't ask for any safer, more loving, & caring place for them to be! Thank you Little Stars Day Care.
wow

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

wow!! I have always thought it was werid to see her posting for some many fund raisers. Now she has another one because the gov shut down for a few days and she cant pay her employees. But it looks like she has always not paid her employees. Blame it on the parents or the goverment but you should be managing your company better. Did she really have a tip jar for her Disney trip. WOW! Just because you say you do all these good things for the community dont make you a good person.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Port Lavaca Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Port Lavaca People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••