Girl killed in early morning fall through school skylight

Full story: Newsday 103
Lindsey Billman and three other students from the adjacent Port Jervis High School climbed onto the roof. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
LIer

Hicksville, NY

#1 Jan 28, 2008
Sitting on a school building skylight at 2 in the morning, just how smart could she be? Did her parents know where she was? Did they care? Did she have parents? Oh, wait, they're calling 1 800 lawyer as we speak. Darwin wins again.
Heather

Port Jervis, NY

#2 Jan 28, 2008
If i knew where she was I could have stopped her before it was to late.
We were like sisters. I can't think of the good times without crying. I just wish Icould go back in time and stop her:>(
Heather

Port Jervis, NY

#3 Jan 28, 2008
Ller what do you know if she was ur friend you would feel the same way I do
Heather

Port Jervis, NY

#4 Jan 28, 2008
Sutup you dont know any thing about Lindsey Billman do you
Long Island Lover

Hillsborough, NC

#5 Jan 28, 2008
Heather wrote:
If i knew where she was I could have stopped her before it was to late.
We were like sisters. I can't think of the good times without crying. I just wish Icould go back in time and stop her:>(
Ask the people she was with. What were 2 morons thinking sitting on a skylight?
mastic born

White Plains, NY

#6 Jan 28, 2008
dont feel bad. Her parents will get a good lawyer and own the school. Only in AMERICA.
Todd Schuster

New York, NY

#7 Jan 28, 2008
Port Jervis is snakebitten. Over the past 3 years, 9 Port Jervis students have died. Tragic for this cloae knit town on the Delaware. A town where everybody knows your name. Lindsey may have had book smarts but unfortunately she lacked street smarts. Teenagers being foolish, thinking they're invincible until a tragedy like this comes back to bite you in the ass. My condolences to Lindsey's family on their loss. Nothing worse than burying a child at the too young age of 15. Prayers to Nick for a full recovery. Maybe PJ needs to have more activities for the youth. there's not much over there, & the mall in Middletown is 30 minutes away on I84. Very sad.
Monique Johnson

New York, NY

#8 Jan 28, 2008
did she jump?
mastic born

White Plains, NY

#9 Jan 28, 2008
Word to the wise Heather. If you really are her friend don't stay on this page. People are home soon and some of them are ruthless.
Monique Johnson

New York, NY

#10 Jan 28, 2008
LIer wrote:
Sitting on a school building skylight at 2 in the morning, just how smart could she be? Did her parents know where she was? Did they care? Did she have parents? Oh, wait, they're calling 1 800 lawyer as we speak. Darwin wins again.
did shi jump?
Monique

New York, NY

#11 Jan 28, 2008
sorry I did not get a chance to read the story. my bad looks like shorty was in the wrong place at the wrong time. sorry fa ya lost ma!!!!!
JayK

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Jan 28, 2008
Long Island Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask the people she was with. What were 2 morons thinking sitting on a skylight?
They were thinking they were teenagers and were immortal. It happens all the time. God knows I did stupid things at that age. There will always be good kids doing dumb things and paying with their lives. But I do wonder about the parents of a 15-year-old allowing her child to be out and about at 2:15 a.m.
BiBi Upstate Ukie

Albany, NY

#13 Jan 28, 2008
Very sad situation. However, she was 15 years old-what was she doing OUT at 2am??
Where were her parents, etc..
Monique

New York, NY

#14 Jan 28, 2008
Mastic born is right some people do jut what i did jump to conculsions with out read or hearing the story but agian very sorry ma!!!! from the heart i would not want people to do that to me so that is why i can say sorry and mean it forgive me for being "RUTHLESS"
ARE THEY FOR REAL

Selden, NY

#15 Jan 28, 2008
Todd Schuster wrote:
Port Jervis is snakebitten. Over the past 3 years, 9 Port Jervis students have died. Tragic for this cloae knit town on the Delaware. A town where everybody knows your name. Lindsey may have had book smarts but unfortunately she lacked street smarts. Teenagers being foolish, thinking they're invincible until a tragedy like this comes back to bite you in the ass. My condolences to Lindsey's family on their loss. Nothing worse than burying a child at the too young age of 15. Prayers to Nick for a full recovery. Maybe PJ needs to have more activities for the youth. there's not much over there, & the mall in Middletown is 30 minutes away on I84. Very sad.
YES IT IS VERY SAD AND WHATS EVEN WORSE IS ,SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN HOME IN BED AT 2 A.M. JUST LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE WERE.DIDN'T HER PARENTS KNOW WHERE SHE WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT,VERY FOOLISH THING TO DO!!!
ARE THEY FOR REAL

Selden, NY

#16 Jan 28, 2008
HEATHER,MASTIC BORN IS RIGHT,DON'T KEEP READING THIS BECAUSE YOU'RE ONLY GOING TO GET MORE UPSET ,AS SOON AS PEOPLE START TO READ THIS THEY'RE GOING TO START SAYING NEGATIVE THINGS AND IF YOU R HER FRIEND YOU'LL ONLY GET P'D OFF EVEN MORE SO PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR,DON'T READ THIS ANYMORE SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS ANYWAY!!!
Tony

AOL

#17 Jan 28, 2008
A sky light oin a school roof is technically considered a hole. If it was unprotected, the will be a major law suit.
Malcolm Xcrement

Glasgow, KY

#18 Jan 28, 2008
Tony wrote:
A sky light oin a school roof is technically considered a hole. If it was unprotected, the will be a major law suit.
It was protected by the fact that it was 33 freakin' feet off the ground! One isn't supposed to climb onto school roofs at 2:00AM.!!!

What kind of school did this girl go to? A kindergarden?

Sadly, the parents will no doubt sue...and sadly, they'll find your typical grade-A chooch-hole jerks to sit on the jury and award them money for their lack of parenting and their childs' inappropriate actions.

“Liberals: America's Cancer”

Since: Dec 07

Baldwin, NY

#19 Jan 28, 2008
What grade was this girl in? I think most 10 yr olds are smart enough to know a 20 yr old plus plastic composite skylight won't hold the weight of a teenager. And what the hell where they doing on the roof at 2am? More stupidty from LI's youth leads to another death being reported by Newsday. You'd think these kids would smarten up.
port jervis

Port Jervis, NY

#20 Jan 28, 2008
hey it really wasnt their fault it was nobodys fault at all so all the people out there that are saying stuff about lindsey or nick you guys dont know the real story

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Jervis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Town of Chester Police Dec 9 Maude 7
Phillipsport gets $25,000 'Golden Feather' at S... Dec 9 james 1
The best chocolate milk and icecream Nov '14 Ralph 1
Hey old timers! I have a question! Nov '14 DonnieWingo 2
Sarah Syfor (Dec '08) Jul '14 sean mcwhinney 7
Greenetrack and Full House Resorts Team Up to D... Jul '14 Wake up Orange Co... 1
Belinda M. Decker (Jan '14) Jun '14 Cooler Heads 3

Port Jervis News Video

Port Jervis Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Port Jervis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Port Jervis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Port Jervis

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News