Southern Taste Close to Home at the S...

Southern Taste Close to Home at the Slippery Pig

There are 8 comments on the Sachem Patch story from Jun 2, 2010, titled Southern Taste Close to Home at the Slippery Pig. In it, Sachem Patch reports that:

The scent of honey barbecue wafts outdoors while inside the Slippery Pig barbecue and saloon grills up the new meaning of family dinning in Holbrook.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sachem Patch.

Gary from Holbrook

Old Westbury, NY

#1 Jun 17, 2010
In a word, horrible. I ate at the Pig last night for the first time and I still have a stomach ache this morning. The baby back ribs were tough and slathered with this disgusting sauce. The "homemade" cole slaw was too salty and the baked beans were just okay. The corn bread was unedible. This place made me really appreciate the "real" BBQ places like Bobbique in Patchogue and Smokin Al's.
Pele

Lima, Peru

#2 Jun 17, 2010
?
Pele

Lima, Peru

#3 Jun 17, 2010
How can a slippery pig be bad? A slippery pig is beeter than a dry pig.
Never Go Here

Port Chester, NY

#4 Jun 20, 2010
I wouldn't call this establishment "family-friendly." Obviously the "rowdy nightlife" and "evil bar scene" with its low-class patrons still frequent this place. I would not recommend this hole-in-the-wall to anyone, especially a family.
REJ

Islip, NY

#5 Jul 2, 2010
Just got back from this place. The food served was not hot, not even warm. The cornbread was doughy..not fully baked. BBQ chicken, I can do much better, it seemed grilled plain then they just put the BBQ sauce that is ordinary. Ribs, again not hot, not tender. I rate a place 3 ways: (1)Will definitely go back, (2)Will give it another try (3) No way, will I return again. This place is a 3 No way will I return again. I did not even finish eating and did not take the offd home. It was that bad. Crowd by the bar is too noisy even if there is a separeyt quiet dining room, nothing really separate the noise.
Jimi

Patchogue, NY

#6 Jul 25, 2010
Bad food is not good and I want to add that the owner stiffed the band last night.
That's right, the group of guys moved their gear, played a set and moved out only to not get paid a dime.
I ahve this guys number and will eat and drink elsewhere myself.
Argue if he must he still loses as he will not see another dime of my money!
Never Go There

Wayne, NJ

#7 Aug 8, 2010
The slippery pig obviously named after the female staff members,I was looking forward to some good bbq type food, hoping for a new place frequent. I dont know what was more disgusting the food or the behavior of the bartenders....the food was cold, tough and dry, and the bartender was sloppy drunk with a filthy mouth... again now I know where they came up with the name!!!
Tyrone

Bronx, NY

#8 Aug 9, 2010
good name,bad food.Most good BBQ joints attract brothers from miles around.Only whitey would like this crappy food

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Jefferson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In need of a Certified Pool Operator asap Jun 24 Mknight 1
News Police raid Napper Tandy's pub in Miller Place (Jun '07) Jun 23 Facepunch Grandpa 130
all drownings (Jun '07) Jun 22 Lorraine short 24
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) Jun 21 Badothebone 78
News Angie Carpenter, Islip supervisor, optimistic a... (May '15) Jun 21 Eric 22
News After officer's wake, cops nab drug suspect (Mar '09) Jun 15 Watchman 204
Attn Adoptees and Birth Parents and siblings Re... (Dec '13) Apr '16 joan 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Port Jefferson Mortgages