Boys critical after brothers rescue t...

Boys critical after brothers rescue them from pool

There are 16 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 16, 2009, titled Boys critical after brothers rescue them from pool. In it, Newsday reports that:

Two young Mount Sinai brothers were in critical condition Tuesday night after their older brothers pulled them from their pool, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

OhWellShitHappen s

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jun 16, 2009
Glad to hear the kids are okay.
Why didn't the father take down the broken pool/ He should have known better. Gas for the car was so much more important.
Voice in the rabble

Bronx, NY

#2 Jun 17, 2009
Punch or cut holes in the liner and it will drain. It would take about 3 minutes. No drowning and no mosquitoes.
liner

Bronx, NY

#3 Jun 17, 2009
What is it with parents of young children and swimming pools? They don't go together.
Boom Boom Pow

White Plains, NY

#4 Jun 17, 2009
A drowned child will happen at least twice more before the Fourth of July on LI. It happens every year.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#5 Jun 17, 2009
FIVE KIDS, & NO MOMMY OR DADDY TO SUPERVISE THEM....FIVE!!!....I'D SAY IT'S TIME FOR STERILIZATION.

“Rockin' in the Free World”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#6 Jun 17, 2009
"Police said normally, one parent left for work when the other returned home, but the parent coming home was about 20 minutes late and the other parent had left for work."

Obviously "work" was more important than the safety and security of their children. Idiots!
OhWellShitHappen s

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Jun 17, 2009
Tired of the nonsense wrote:
"Police said normally, one parent left for work when the other returned home, but the parent coming home was about 20 minutes late and the other parent had left for work."
Obviously "work" was more important than the safety and security of their children. Idiots!
Did they change the story or did I read it wrong? Early this morning they stated he left to get gas. Leaving to get gas isn’t very important, but leaving for work is very different and much more important. How else will they be able to afford a new pool that holds more water when they leave the kids alone?
You know, I really wonder who or what is working the heads of some phuqing people to just leave kids unattended for any reason. People say I’m heartless, but schitt like this takes the cake. I’ve got $20 that they never asked the neighbor who likes them so much to watch the kids for a while.

“Rockin' in the Free World”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#8 Jun 17, 2009
OhWellShitHappens wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they change the story or did I read it wrong? Early this morning they stated he left to get gas. Leaving to get gas isn’t very important, but leaving for work is very different and much more important. How else will they be able to afford a new pool that holds more water when they leave the kids alone?
You know, I really wonder who or what is working the heads of some phuqing people to just leave kids unattended for any reason. People say I’m heartless, but schitt like this takes the cake. I’ve got $20 that they never asked the neighbor who likes them so much to watch the kids for a while.
Agreed!

Since: Jul 08

Greensboro, NC

#9 Jun 17, 2009
Is there a reason the mother couldn't have been late for work? There is something not right with this story. Shouldn't the 12 yr old be in school?

“Is it Friday Yet?”

Since: Oct 07

Nassau County

#10 Jun 17, 2009
was a NYer wrote:
Is there a reason the mother couldn't have been late for work? There is something not right with this story. Shouldn't the 12 yr old be in school?
I agree with you, I'm a mother myself and there were times I was late for work because my children came first.(BTW it was 5:30 in the evening when this took place, that's why the children were not in school)

Greensboro, NC

#11 Jun 17, 2009
Momo4Life wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you, I'm a mother myself and there were times I was late for work because my children came first.(BTW it was 5:30 in the evening when this took place, that's why the children were not in school)
Thanks I read both stories one this morning and the later one and didn't notice a time. I understand the job market is small but look at what happens when you put your job first! The father could have thrown the kids in the car then got gas or call a neighbor there are always options.

“Is it Friday Yet?”

Nassau County

#12 Jun 17, 2009
was a NYer wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks I read both stories one this morning and the later one and didn't notice a time. I understand the job market is small but look at what happens when you put your job first! The father could have thrown the kids in the car then got gas or call a neighbor there are always options.
You are 100% absolutely right. People just don't think
Blue Collar

Cape Coral, FL

#13 Jun 20, 2009
People need to think of their children instead of themselves. If you can not do that, then don't reproduce.
Jerry

Bronx, NY

#14 Jun 20, 2009
I cannot understand it.
The father should not have left until the mother was physically there.
I am glad that the brothers were there to help. Just goes to show you how fast something can happen.
and the other guy driving drunk with three boys in the car.
What is the matter with these people? Don't have children!!!

Waterloo, IA

#15 Jun 21, 2009
Momo4Life wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% absolutely right. People just don't think
When parents don't think children die!

“Is it Friday Yet?”

Nassau County

#16 Jun 22, 2009
was a NYer wrote:
<quoted text>When parents don't think children die!
Sadly they do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Jefferson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gregory Sanzeri from La Fitness Smithtown 23 hr Anon 2
News Charges Filed In LI Chimney Sweep Scam (Feb '06) Mon Chimneyman39 331
News Petition drive underway to reopen Roberto Cleme... Mon clean it up Angie 6
Heroin Overdosed Centereach High School (Jan '09) Sun Relic 36
News After officer's wake, cops nab drug suspect (Mar '09) Aug 26 Go Blue Forever 212
News Islip ex-commish Joe Montuori Jr., aide plead g... Aug 25 make them pay 2
Smithtown Skateboarders (Jul '07) Aug 24 Bruh bruh 65

Port Jefferson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Port Jefferson Mortgages