who is the worst landlord in crown point and why

Posted in the Port Henry Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
i know

Crown Point, NY

#1 Jul 8, 2010
In my opinion sue harper is. I have been in a number of her properties, they are all run down and in desperate need of repair. i know of a few people who have reported problems with the places and it's always one excuse or another why it can not be fixed. most of the time is that she does not have any money. it's sad that children have to live in these conditions by no fault of the parents. this lady needs to be shut down. she is a slum lord. do not rent from her
rollingdirty

Bolton Landing, NY

#2 Jul 8, 2010
i know wrote:
In my opinion sue harper is. I have been in a number of her properties, they are all run down and in desperate need of repair. i know of a few people who have reported problems with the places and it's always one excuse or another why it can not be fixed. most of the time is that she does not have any money. it's sad that children have to live in these conditions by no fault of the parents. this lady needs to be shut down. she is a slum lord. do not rent from her
she's nothing more than a slumlord.
she takes advantage of people and their situations.
why has no one contacted the authorities about her and her rental properties?
Former Crown Pointer

Bolton Landing, NY

#3 Jul 8, 2010
I have to agree with both of you! Sue is NOT a very nice person to her tenents either. If you ask for a repair she treats you like dirt and then tries to find an excuse to evict you! What a useless bitch!!!
okkkk

Lake George, NY

#4 Jul 8, 2010
So do something about it!
i know

Crown Point, NY

#5 Jul 9, 2010
i am one of her current tenants. she has decided to evict me because i withheld rent. the only reason i did this was because i moved in in october and repairs were supposed to be made by january. then she said it would be done in the middle of june. of course nothing has been done. i have not kitchen floor, multiple broken windows, doors hanging by a thread, the electrical is horriable. and a huge rat problem. she always has the same excuse that she has no money or that she has to make a trailer handicapped accessiable for her daughter. i am sorry but these are not my problem. i paid my rent, but landlords like these are only concerned about the money and not the health or safety of her tenants. my children are covered with flea bites coming from rats in the wall. it has been documented by a doctor. there is peeling and chipping paint all over. none of the doors interior or exterior close completely. And i have reported all of this to the authorities. this house needs to be condemned.
Genney

Pittsfield, MA

#7 Jul 9, 2010
i know wrote:
If her properties are so bad, why do people continue to rent them? Let's figure out what the problems are in life and avoid those that are not good for us. You have to take care of yourself - don't put yourselves in the conditions that you describe
rollingdirty

Bolton Landing, NY

#8 Jul 9, 2010
Genney wrote:
<quoted text>
If her properties are so bad, why do people continue to rent them? Let's figure out what the problems are in life and avoid those that are not good for us. You have to take care of yourself - don't put yourselves in the conditions that you describe
sometimes people are in situations beyond their control... they need a place to live NOW. They are forced to rent from people like this Sue Harper (yes, that's your name you evil bi*ch). I moved back into the area a few years ago and was forced to rent a trailer from her for a short period as my house was not ready for me to move in. How the place had never been condemned is beyond me!

On top of that, I complained about several thing wrong with the home and she tried to evict me. I ended up physically throwing her off of my porch because she did not give me notice she was stopping by and i refused to let her in.

no, this evil women needs to penciled in for a visit from the lawsuit fairy.
stinking rich

Crown Point, NY

#9 Jul 9, 2010
come on now she's a sweetheart.....
i know

Crown Point, NY

#10 Jul 9, 2010
if so then rent from her and see how you like living in a dump, especially when nothing is fixed and you can not drink the water. real sweet lady. get real more like 2 faced b
homeless in july

Lake George, NY

#11 Jul 12, 2010
my family and i were supposed to move intoone of their homes last july! We had a dog(who per Sue Harper)needed to have 10000 insurence liability on her, which cost 120.00, two small children, 2 teenagers and ourselves. We traveled from plattsburgh to Crown Point Daily with truck loads of furniture, paid 1st, last and security up front but yet could not get the key to move in the stuff....Meanwhile while moving over a two week period the "contrat" was changed multiple times and we at this point had no chioce but to sign....almost every penny we had we had given to the harpers or used in traveling gas money!!!!! D-DAY it was downpouring rain, dog in car, kids in car, 6PM drove 1.5 hrs to harpers to get the key so we could get the kids to bed and try to save the stuff that was left outside(because she wouldn't give us the key) she says she can't give us a key because SHE didn't have homeowners!!!WHAT!!!!!! Soooo was not our problem we held up our end of the deal!!!! thats not it! We had NO PLACE TO GO!!!!!! we had handed in the keys to our old places and were expectibng to be able to get into the home we had ALL of our stuff in! NEVER HAPPENED!!!!! we stayed with friends and tried to get our stuff out of there house but Sue harper decided to charge a "STORAGE FEE" of 189.00 .... seriousely like we had that after paying three months rent, that wasn't returned and putting gas in a damn box truck for a week!!!!! We found a place and paid the stupid fee, we had to rent a 27ft uhaul, and get it all out in a matter of 4 hours!!! Oh and the struff that was outside....ruined, she made us put that on the truck first so everything after that got muddy! We then got ourselfs straight and sued her......get this it was dismissed! Not in favor of anyone but just dismissed!!!! between gas, food, damages and the fact that we spent an entire month homeless with 2 small kids the bill added up to about 6000.00. we didn't even get our 25.00 stupid deposite back!!!!!! this womans going to hell!!!! Anyone who reads this will know we are! We're kind, honest hardworking, clean people who did NOT deserve this.....the two little kids had no toys, no clothes, no beds until the week before school started....and it took calling a trooper and paying a huge storage fee!!!! Oh almost forgot, i also lost my job because I missed too much time trying to find a place to live! Had we known then what we know now........we would have never considered moving there....lesson learned!
homeless in july

Lake George, NY

#12 Jul 12, 2010
oh almost forgot, we sheetrocked, scrubbed spit off walls and cleaned for an entire day..........apparently for free....this was supposed to be taken off the rent...havnt gotten that back either!
i know

Northville, NY

#13 Jul 12, 2010
if it wasn't for the lousy economy and the fact social services doesn't help that much with rent she would be out of business. she is a jerk and a moron. i know she has been turned into code enforcement and 2 of those trailers are not supposed to be used any more. its too bad someone didn't have enough money to sue her.
related

Lake George, NY

#14 Jul 13, 2010
listen if u dont like the condition of the rental unit dont friggin move in. i myself look a place over before i put my family in harms way. let conditions get fixed before u move in or just move on. no law says u have to move in. further if pigs dont trash the friggin places they wouldn't need fixing.
i think i know

Crown Point, NY

#15 Jul 13, 2010
homeless in july wrote:
my family and i were supposed to move intoone of their homes last july! We had a dog(who per Sue Harper)needed to have 10000 insurence liability on her, which cost 120.00, two small children, 2 teenagers and ourselves. We traveled from plattsburgh to Crown Point Daily with truck loads of furniture, paid 1st, last and security up front but yet could not get the key to move in the stuff....Meanwhile while moving over a two week period the "contrat" was changed multiple times and we at this point had no chioce but to sign....almost every penny we had we had given to the harpers or used in traveling gas money!!!!! D-DAY it was downpouring rain, dog in car, kids in car, 6PM drove 1.5 hrs to harpers to get the key so we could get the kids to bed and try to save the stuff that was left outside(because she wouldn't give us the key) she says she can't give us a key because SHE didn't have homeowners!!!WHAT!!!!!! Soooo was not our problem we held up our end of the deal!!!! thats not it! We had NO PLACE TO GO!!!!!! we had handed in the keys to our old places and were expectibng to be able to get into the home we had ALL of our stuff in! NEVER HAPPENED!!!!! we stayed with friends and tried to get our stuff out of there house but Sue harper decided to charge a "STORAGE FEE" of 189.00 .... seriousely like we had that after paying three months rent, that wasn't returned and putting gas in a damn box truck for a week!!!!! We found a place and paid the stupid fee, we had to rent a 27ft uhaul, and get it all out in a matter of 4 hours!!! Oh and the struff that was outside....ruined, she made us put that on the truck first so everything after that got muddy! We then got ourselfs straight and sued her......get this it was dismissed! Not in favor of anyone but just dismissed!!!! between gas, food, damages and the fact that we spent an entire month homeless with 2 small kids the bill added up to about 6000.00. we didn't even get our 25.00 stupid deposite back!!!!!! this womans going to hell!!!! Anyone who reads this will know we are! We're kind, honest hardworking, clean people who did NOT deserve this.....the two little kids had no toys, no clothes, no beds until the week before school started....and it took calling a trooper and paying a huge storage fee!!!! Oh almost forgot, i also lost my job because I missed too much time trying to find a place to live! Had we known then what we know now........we would have never considered moving there....lesson learned!
by any chance was the address 3399 nys route 9n in crown point?

Since: Jun 08

Malone, NY

#16 Jul 13, 2010
We looked at one of those trailors and the the ceiling in the kitchen was falling in and there was black mold everywhere. I couldnt believe people were living in it.
Homeless in july

Lake George, NY

#17 Jul 13, 2010
i think i know wrote:
<quoted text>by any chance was the address 3399 nys route 9n in crown point?
. It might have been the address, but I can't confirm for obviouse reasons, my familys safe now thanks to a local who cared, and enjoys tenents that pay early, maintain the home and keep it clean!:)
homeless in July

Lake George, NY

#18 Jul 13, 2010
related: You obviously have NO CLUE!!!!!! the place we were going to move into needed work- however we agreed we would move in on the conditions that every month a new thing would be repaired! The house was rough but we were willing to live with it until repairs were done- face it no matter how you suger coat it, there slum lords!

I think I know: it might have been that address but i can't confirm for obviouse reasons- if I was Identified who knows, Sue might need some extra cash and try to sue me! LMAO- We are safe and happy thanks to a local landlord who enjoys having tenents who pay early, maintain the home and stay clean!:)
i think i know

Crown Point, NY

#19 Jul 13, 2010
well if it is then email me me at tinkerbell198425@live.com. I may have some information for you that you would really be interested in.(slanderous statements were made)
Homeless in july

Lake George, NY

#20 Jul 13, 2010
i think i know wrote:
well if it is then email me me at tinkerbell198425@live.com. I may have some information for you that you would really be interested in.(slanderous statements were made)
unfortunately I wish I cared more about what they thought if us! Thanks for the offer though!:). I do know that what comes around goes around- they'll get there's someday I'm sure!
Homeless in july

Lake George, NY

#21 Jul 13, 2010
related wrote:
listen if u dont like the condition of the rental unit dont friggin move in. i myself look a place over before i put my family in harms way. let conditions get fixed before u move in or just move on. no law says u have to move in. further if pigs dont trash the friggin places they wouldn't need fixing.
......all I can say is, I'm sorry your related!!!! All the other "harpers" are good people.... Just Sue is greedy, heartless, dishonest and sneaky.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Henry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bi guy looking for same (Oct '14) 1 hr openedeye 9
Local bisexuals 1 hr openedeye 8
Rapist back in jail 14 hr big doug 8
McDonald's in Ticonderoga 15 hr gourmet joker 11
Party 17 hr Ron 2
Healthy alternative Mon Great Idea 2
melissa cellotti May 2 Spike 3
More from around the web

Port Henry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE