Comments
1 - 20 of 52 Comments Last updated Sep 23, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Local Merchant

Pittsfield, MA

#1 Aug 27, 2010
I try to give this establishment my business as we all need to survive. Is it me, or are the prices rediculously over priced and are we being taken advantage of during this economic crisis? I prefer to keep my business and money in our town, but need to reconsider if they don't look at the big picture. Who is the manager there? Is it still the Turaks?
Hunter

Ashburn, VA

#2 Aug 27, 2010
Local Merchant wrote:
I try to give this establishment my business as we all need to survive. Is it me, or are the prices rediculously over priced and are we being taken advantage of during this economic crisis? I prefer to keep my business and money in our town, but need to reconsider if they don't look at the big picture. Who is the manager there? Is it still the Turaks?
Very over priced. No not the Turaks.They play to the younger crowd. More money than sense.
be bop

Pittsfield, MA

#3 Aug 28, 2010
The turaks have'nt had that store in years,,,!! but as for the prices....OMG they are so high in price, and the only thing is ,,,is ppl near by with no car, that is the only store near by,I know bouyeas,,but if you don't have a car,it is alittle far to walk,with groceries,The food at the deli not enough food for the price, even the desserts use to be bigger,at one time a piece of cake would fill the container, now it is half the size, same price,,, and the food orders, half the food still same price,,,,,a COOKIE ,a dang COOKIE,$1.09 FOR A COOKIE,,, and the prices seem to go UP <<<UP<<<< UP<<<UP<<< and the quanity is going DOWN>> DOWN... yes that is taking advantage of the economy and ppl with no vehicles have no choice,,,and to take advantage of ppl is DOWN RIGHT UNAMERICAN
huh

Pittsfield, MA

#4 Aug 28, 2010
Sell you computer, get a job, and cook your food! Stop bashing hard working people that try and run business and offer a service in this town!
be bop

Pittsfield, MA

#5 Aug 28, 2010
Have job, everything I have IS paid for, EVERYTHING,,now just because you have a establishment,does not mean you can over price itmes,,,some items are 2 and 3 times as much more as any other store.. I can see making some percentage but not a 100 to 200 percent on a item.that is a little much,when an item is 89 cents in one store and they have the same item, at $2.39, come on..... now what is it..????
brain dead

AOL

#6 Aug 28, 2010
its a no brainer go their and buy it
huh

Pittsfield, MA

#7 Aug 28, 2010
Then don't shop there!
Local

Bolton Landing, NY

#8 Aug 28, 2010
I stopped going there. They are DEFINITELY over priced on everything. They don't seem to give a damn about their customers either. There was only one employee there who was ever polite to me.

Those of us with vehicles can easily go somewhere else, as I do. But, those who don't have vehicles are stuck. It's shameful.
abc

Charlotte, NC

#9 Aug 28, 2010
Does Jody Sherman still run it?
couch lizards

AOL

#10 Aug 28, 2010
i have shopped at many deli's and i have to say grover hills deli is one of the best iv'e been in. it is well kept,clean and their prices are inline with other deli's. so for all you complainers try this get off your ass,get a job,buy a car and stop eating cookies. they will just make you fat if your not already.
think

Crown Point, NY

#11 Aug 28, 2010
any small store you go into is going to have higher prices on items on the shelves....stewarts, mobil station or any small gas station, they can't beat the prices of the bigger stores like walmart.
lizard stomper

Pittsfield, MA

#12 Aug 28, 2010
I am not a fat person.. bodybuilder,but do not want to pay $1.09. for a cookie when I have a day when I can have sweets/junk food day. but a $1.09 for a COOKIE come on.that is ONE COOKIE...... but. I am sure we all have jobs,that is why we can afford a computer,, and a car,, acually 2 cars,, a home, our own buisness,.. now I have a job to pay for all this......... but do not like to be ripped off.I can see making a few extra cents on an item but to mark it up 2 or 3 times a regular price is adding the percentage of 100 to 150 percent.. that is a little overboard.... I am glad local car dealers don't add 100 to 150 percent to the regular price.. BUT AS YOU SAY IF THEY ARE A SMALL PLACE THEY SHOULD....RIGHT
hey lizard idiot

AOL

#13 Aug 28, 2010
local car dealers! are u an idiot. there is one left in ti because ford went out of business. there is none in the town of moriah because the one dealership that was in port henry went out of business( edwards ford) what do you want next more local business's to close. i think you should move to new jersey. idiot!
lizard stomper

Pittsfield, MA

#14 Aug 29, 2010
BOY you would'nt no a metaphor if it hit you in the ass,,,,or this case EYES,,,,,,,,,,,it was a metaphor,IDIOT ..ALL you read was car dealer,nothing to do with the prices she charges,,, what is wrong with people......... are you an IDIOTS,,,,,READ WHOLE POST,,,,,, OMG,,,, you have to be related to them,because nothing about the prices going from 89 cents to 2.39 a 150 percent markup,oh no just the effen metaphor,,,,,,,,,I think that ia where you are from JERSEY,,,,,,, I D I O T
lizard stomper

Pittsfield, MA

#15 Aug 29, 2010
And by the way,,,,,local iS TICONDEROGA,,,,,, WESTPORT,,,,,,, PORT HENRY...... ELIZEBETHTOWN,,,,,,, I D I O T
kings inn spy

Lake George, NY

#16 Aug 29, 2010
I also used to go there, BUT place is really going to the dogs!! dirty over priced crappy food you name it and it has it. Love the rag tag dirty sign w ith ballons too! Jody is showing her white trash side with that one. I have gone else where Bouyeas to be exact GREAT food fair prices and CLEAN
skinny lizard

Lake George, NY

#17 Aug 29, 2010
to lizard bodybuilder you sure do show your education. before you bash someone why don't you learn correct spelling "no" should be "know". "are you an idiots" what kind of english is that? then lets get to your math skills something that cost .89 cents with a markup of 150 percent does not equal 2.39. i could go on and on with mistakes on your post.So i ask who is the idiot? why dont you go back to school because it surely makes you look stupid.for someone in business you must really have quite the business. lol if you are such a big body builder then why not leave your real name? could it be that you aren't as tough as your words and would't want to meet one of the shermans. for your sake i hope they don't find out who you are hiding behind a screen name. you my friend are a coward.
lizard licker

Pittsfield, MA

#18 Aug 29, 2010
well for your information, the correct addition is $ 2.13, for a 150 percent increase,from 89 cents,so if it is 2.39 well you do the mathe.but a 150 percent increase is more than it should be.. even if I WAS OFF A COUPLE DAMN PENNIES<<<< 26 cents to be exact<<<<<IDIOT .. and for the word no,FORGIVE ME for not using the K and the W,,,, when you post your REAL NAME I WILL......BUT you would probably do what everyone else does use someones name even when it is not yours.....And out of all that all you did was focus on a missplelled word....now who is the IDIOT...... now look back in your post when you wrote " are you an idiots" there should'nt be an s after idiot, you are writing to one person, it should not be put in plural form....idiot...also I am not stating anything that the rest of the people are doing on here..... so take your lizard ass,,,, no,, no,lizard tongue and write some thing to them or is it that what I wrote maybe some logic to it....,NOW I NEVER said their food was'nt any good but the quanity( means size of portion ) has been decreasing while the prices stay the same.
OMG

Pittsfield, MA

#19 Aug 29, 2010
this is why every time a forum is put up and it goes astray,,ppl correcting thi, ppl correcting that, never sticking to the subject matter. Who cares if the word no was misspelled, who cares if the math was off, who the he!! cares.?? COUCH LIZARD ,SKINNY LIZARD both the same, who cares.!! The subject was about the high prices at the deli, not about spell check.!!! A, s here or there who cares.?? But the forum was about the high prices. So lizards keep tongues in and eyes open.
BBB

AOL

#20 Aug 29, 2010
If you have the balls to bash someone's business then have the balls to put up your real name, otherwise you are just a loser. To me it sounds like you are not doing very well in your business to worry about what someone is charging at their business. Go somewhere else and shop i'm sure they wont miss you. Thats my two cents.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Henry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Putnam Judge cheating on wife 3 hr Kristy 6
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 7 hr Lol 16,781
Teens arrested Thu SAD 8
Tammy Rabideau Thu wilchris 1
catherine C Wed just saying 9
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
catholic abuse Aug 27 Maravilla 7
•••
•••
•••

Port Henry Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Port Henry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••