Who do you support for Board of Education in Maryland (Cecil County) in 2010?

Posted in the Port Deposit Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Listening to it all

Curtis Bay, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2010

Voted For Dawn Branch

Very clear on the issues we face in this county!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Voted For Stephen Stiles

Stiles is clearly the only one of the bunch that is doing this just for the kids to get ahead. He has no delusions of grandeur and is not here to be a politician like the rest.
No Second Thought

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Voted For Dawn Branch

Perfect candidate to look out for our childrens best interest!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Voted for Wintersgill for District 3. She has an excellent background and has a great education. She is an educator and a problem solver. She is endorsed by the teacher's association, speaks well, and is passionate about being part of a strong "educated" school board.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Sector 7 wrote:
Voted for Wintersgill for District 3. She has an excellent background and has a great education. She is an educator and a problem solver. She is endorsed by the teacher's association, speaks well, and is passionate about being part of a strong "educated" school board.
She has a decent background and decent education. She is not an educator and can be as much of a problem creator as she is a solver. She is endorsed by the OFFICIALS from the teachers'(that is s-apostrophe afterall) association, not their constitutents. Since when does being able to "speak well" have anything to do with it. Some great leaders can't talk their way out of a crowded room. Besides, she talks so fast that you can't understand half of what she says anyway.

And, again, with the "educated" comment on the school board. Who on the board now is not educated and whom that is running is not educated?

All she really knows how to do is whine about things when she doesn't like them - especially involving any ill-conceived misconceptions against her children who are always treated with kid gloves as a result due to her and her husband's negative attitude in parents' groups.(Not knocking the kids - they're actually pretty great under the circumstances.) She's not a leader - she's a demander. Very much in the same vein as Carl Roberts actually.
Terry L

Chestertown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Terry L from 'United States' is such an idiot, from wherever it is today. Just dumb and nasty and using my name instead of its own.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Truth13 wrote:
<quoted text>
She has a decent background and decent education. She is not an educator and can be as much of a problem creator as she is a solver. She is endorsed by the OFFICIALS from the teachers'(that is s-apostrophe afterall) association, not their constitutents. Since when does being able to "speak well" have anything to do with it. Some great leaders can't talk their way out of a crowded room. Besides, she talks so fast that you can't understand half of what she says anyway.
And, again, with the "educated" comment on the school board. Who on the board now is not educated and whom that is running is not educated?
All she really knows how to do is whine about things when she doesn't like them - especially involving any ill-conceived misconceptions against her children who are always treated with kid gloves as a result due to her and her husband's negative attitude in parents' groups.(Not knocking the kids - they're actually pretty great under the circumstances.) She's not a leader - she's a demander. Very much in the same vein as Carl Roberts actually.
Why thanks for the punctuation correction! I must have overlooked that chapter in Comp. 101! You must have had a conversation with her due to your personal convictions regarding your statement about the "ill-conceived misconceptions regarding her children. Sounds as if you didn't like what you heard as it obviously didn't go your way. Good parents will always protect their children at all costs. Good parents will also ensure that their children are engaging themselves with their studies in order to prepare them for college as well as become successful and productive citizens. It seems as if she and her husband are quite proficient at that! I enjoyed listening to her speak on several occasions, as it was articulate and well understood. Unfortunately, as they say, people only retain 25% of what is actually being said. You seem to have missed the boat on that one. You might also want to do a little homework regarding her background. She IS an educator in the field of nursing, and very well respected in the industry from what I have heard. The position of district 3 school board commissioner requires coherent priciples and hard work. I firmly believe she has what it takes. The "constituents" from the Teachers' Association have also said the same. Good luck! Either push the right button, or don't vote!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2010

Sector 7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why thanks for the punctuation correction! I must have overlooked that chapter in Comp. 101! You must have had a conversation with her due to your personal convictions regarding your statement about the "ill-conceived misconceptions regarding her children. Sounds as if you didn't like what you heard as it obviously didn't go your way. Good parents will always protect their children at all costs. Good parents will also ensure that their children are engaging themselves with their studies in order to prepare them for college as well as become successful and productive citizens. It seems as if she and her husband are quite proficient at that! I enjoyed listening to her speak on several occasions, as it was articulate and well understood. Unfortunately, as they say, people only retain 25% of what is actually being said. You seem to have missed the boat on that one. You might also want to do a little homework regarding her background. She IS an educator in the field of nursing, and very well respected in the industry from what I have heard. The position of district 3 school board commissioner requires coherent priciples and hard work. I firmly believe she has what it takes. The "constituents" from the Teachers' Association have also said the same. Good luck! Either push the right button, or don't vote!
If you disagree with WW, it NEVER goes your way - there is no room for compromise - that's why it won't work with her in this position where you must do that. I actually speak with her nearly weekly, unfortunately, so my experience is fairly current. She IS NOT an educator in the field of nursing of any sort and the work that she does do for CCHS is not considered to be top notch by several of her colleagues. She is frequently "volunteered" for duties because others do not wish to do them. That's all. As far as the constituency of teachers goes, I consider 25 to be a fair sample (not inclusive by any stretch and certainly not poll-worthy). When 23 out of 25 say that the endorsement was poor, I tend to be concerned.

I will always vote, it is my right as much as yours. She will win anyway because people confuse enthusiasm for intelligence (look at our president).

Next issue anyone?
Nita

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Dawn's presence is highly visible in the schools. She is active with PTO and cares for all the envolved stakeholders. Dawn always listens and makes sure she shows her appreciation to the faculty and staff.
Josue

Elkton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2010

Voted For Bill Herold

Let's bring common sense back to education (rather than this $$-will-fix-anything mindset.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Josue wrote:
Let's bring common sense back to education (rather than this $$-will-fix-anything mindset.
And vote for Bill Herold? Kinda the proverbial "pot" dontcha think?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Port Deposit Discussions

Search the Port Deposit Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Parents' Day Out anywhere nearby? Wed Jenn 2
Review: J & J Nail Bar Jun 29 judy 1
lakeside trailer park,and cecil hill (Sep '08) Jun 27 Oh Boyyyyy 129
Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jun 24 Jon SpellMAN 16
Who do you support for State Senate in Maryland... (Oct '10) Jun 24 Not in your life 11
Opinions on Gay Mayor in Rising Sun Jun 24 Does it matter 3
Cecil County Politics: Patchell, YMCA Chief, Fi... (Nov '13) Jun 23 The Shining 15
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Cecil County was issued at July 10 at 3:14PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Port Deposit Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Port Deposit Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000