DyingBreed

Fort Worth, TX

#43 Jun 24, 2013
-There definitely seems to be pros and cons to both sides of the water issue; i.e. whether we buy it or pump it. Pumping it may seem like the better deal to me, but involving a property with lawsuits against it just sounds like trouble. Is there no other place that wells could be drilled?

-Lawsuits are certainly something we'd want to avoid, except in the case where the deal was so bad that the lawsuit would be better. What are the specific reservations/concerns against the treatment plant? Is it too costly? Too close to town (or where the town may expand)?

-It seems both of you are in agreement that Didra should not be coming back. A very sad situation, really, her being a member of the community for so long - but her actions certainly have disqualified her from service to the town. If any attempt was made to bring her back it would certainly be a foolish one, as the RS residents would not stand for it, I'm sure. Lets give Fisher the benefit of the doubt that he wants to do no such thing until we have evidence to the contrary.
Concerned Taxpayer

Rising Sun, MD

#44 Jun 24, 2013
americangarden wrote:
Concerned Taxpayer don't threaten me. I am entitled to my own opinion and so are you as well... if you would supply facts maybe I could see what you are thinking. No, I'm not Fisher's "mouthpiece", never was. Yes, I did graduate from high school in NH, thats a good fact you found but so what? and why are you thanking the county for screwing up Maple Heights development? Do you have buyers remorse? maybe you should have hired a home inspection company. The Rising Sun Commissioners under Mayor Cox made sure your streets were narrower to accommodate the developers. I was one of the few to fight against RS Commissioners for taking one sidewalk away from the apartments dwellers and moving a setback to the stream from 110' to 22' but I guess I wouldn't have an opinion if you were in charge. Until you tell me something plausible, I find your comments are ignorant.
Roger where was a threat? Get your head straight I did not threaten you ever in anything I posted I simply rebutted your position. Second, you are real big on proof but you supply none. Your statements are not proof.
Concerned Taxpayer

Rising Sun, MD

#45 Jun 24, 2013
DyingBreed wrote:
-There definitely seems to be pros and cons to both sides of the water issue; i.e. whether we buy it or pump it. Pumping it may seem like the better deal to me, but involving a property with lawsuits against it just sounds like trouble. Is there no other place that wells could be drilled?
-Lawsuits are certainly something we'd want to avoid, except in the case where the deal was so bad that the lawsuit would be better. What are the specific reservations/concerns against the treatment plant? Is it too costly? Too close to town (or where the town may expand)?
-It seems both of you are in agreement that Didra should not be coming back. A very sad situation, really, her being a member of the community for so long - but her actions certainly have disqualified her from service to the town. If any attempt was made to bring her back it would certainly be a foolish one, as the RS residents would not stand for it, I'm sure. Lets give Fisher the benefit of the doubt that he wants to do no such thing until we have evidence to the contrary.
The area that they want to use to pump it is not in the recharge area for the MDE and cannot be used. Second, those wells have to produce x-thousands of gallons of water to supply the plant and if they don't there is an ongoing cost of drilling more wells to supply the plant. There will come a point in time where we would run out of property on the McCoy farm to drill then where do we go? Finally, Fisher has said the wells will save money but has never given a presentation from anyone to prove this. The past Commissioners did have some facts somewhere maybe we need to get those also
Concerned Taxpayer

Rising Sun, MD

#46 Jun 24, 2013
americangarden wrote:
Concerned Taxpayer don't threaten me. I am entitled to my own opinion and so are you as well... if you would supply facts maybe I could see what you are thinking. No, I'm not Fisher's "mouthpiece", never was. Yes, I did graduate from high school in NH, thats a good fact you found but so what? and why are you thanking the county for screwing up Maple Heights development? Do you have buyers remorse? maybe you should have hired a home inspection company. The Rising Sun Commissioners under Mayor Cox made sure your streets were narrower to accommodate the developers. I was one of the few to fight against RS Commissioners for taking one sidewalk away from the apartments dwellers and moving a setback to the stream from 110' to 22' but I guess I wouldn't have an opinion if you were in charge. Until you tell me something plausible, I find your comments are ignorant.
You bash everyone for not being from here yet you believe your 25 years makes you a life long resident. You are a transplant just like everyone else yet you bash them. In case you could not tell I was not thanking the COunty, I was being sarcastic I hired my own home inspector but, to educate you on what a home inspector does, they only inspect the home and have no authority under the license to inspect issues an engineer should have gotten right. Wouldn't the planning and zoning board have made the decision to make the streets narrower? See the County did most of the reviews here that was my point. Plumbing, electrical, grading, framing and final inspections were done by the County not the Town. My question is, what is your obsession with Maple Heights? You do not live here and no one here has asked for your help. We have this under control. Proof positive, one resident wrote a complaint and had the 2012 funding pulled from DVDC, so thank you for your assistance but, your talents may be better served helping others in the town.

Since: Jan 13

Wilmington, DE

#47 Jun 24, 2013
I'm not wanting to bash anyone but there has been bad info passed off as truth here. My involvement in Maple Heights goes back before you even heard the word Maple Heights. In 2003 I was one of several voicing our concerns to get slandered by George Beer who said we were prejudiced against section 8 housing, we were not. Then when we sued town of Rising Sun (Beer paid the towns legal fees) Beer stepped up his game to intimidate me thru my employer and failed. He did win to get apartments approved after I was last man standing. Beer did not fulfill the settlement he wrote that he, Mumey & Pierson insisted I sign. Couple years later Beer tried to waive $110K in fees from the county to build Stony Run Apts in Northeast, I wrote a letter to deny him the waiver which prompted Beer to leave me a nasty voice mail, which I saved. Then more recently I wrote a letter to the county about ethics, citing examples that included Beer's and Montgomery's follies and others not related to Maple Heights and this time Beer sends a slandering letter to my employer. Now I got Sammons on my ass for the last year acting like Beer's little myna bird. Moving on, I probably have info about your narrower streets. Something to consider is when your homes were built this county was in a building boom and approvals were not inspected very well for lack of manpower and developer demands. There were a lot of rubber stamps given out. Today, Bonenberger sees a fraction of previous building activity so he should not be paid extra for the work. As a neighbor to Maple Heights and a concerned citizen with a 21911 zipcode I not butting out but I will supply you with proof of my "rantings" should you introduce yourself to me at the next town meeting. I promise I only bite if provoked.
Concerned Taxpayer

Rising Sun, MD

#48 Jun 25, 2013
You say before I ever heard the words Maple Heights, so you assume I am from elsewhere. I know what went on here from the time Barry bought the property. I have my own proof and kindly thank you for your offer but respectfully decline the offer
Concerned Taxpayer

Rising Sun, MD

#49 Jun 25, 2013
But funny thing is you know so much but at the march 26th town meeting, you were discussing storm water facilites and stated you didnt know about summer hill or Maple heights. So why should I trust your proof?

Since: Jan 13

Riverton, NJ

#50 Jun 25, 2013
I worked for a condo builder in Pa, still have friends in the business. I've spoken to Cecil DPW about stormwater mgmt as none of my issues were resolved since MH apartments went in. All builders have problems with a few buyers, whether its home quality, grading, site lines, neighbors, condo association dues... At meeting you question, I merely said what I understood my employer did regarding stormwater management and that was to turn those common areas of the development over to the homeowner association after all homes were sold. Regarding Summer Hill and MH, at that meeting I didn't know if there was a true HOA in either community but obviously there is not, then its an issue for the jurisdiction to handle but if it's a matter of overgrown weeds, then homeowners should try to be aware of problems to correct them themselves or call somebody who will. Cecil County govt never really got it together to make strong codes before the building boom and todays homeowners are suffering the consequences.
Concerned Taxpayer

Rising Sun, MD

#51 Jun 26, 2013
First, where were you at last night? Everyone was invited and I was sure I would see you there?

Second, you are right, you will never satisfy every person but, when they try to dump ponds on us that are not are ours, I will fight

Since: Jan 13

Wilmington, DE

#52 Jun 26, 2013
It's worthwhile to bring the fight to scumbag developers and the complacent politicians who let them slide. Plenty of them are still getting away with poor planning to build junk homes with stormwater management that hardly works past the first rain. When all they care about is profit or re-election then we don't need them in Cecil County. Sorry to not be there, I didn't want to be seated in the Bonenberger haters section at the forum so I'll watch the video for yucks when it surfaces.
vsammons

Colora, MD

#53 Jun 27, 2013
Roger would rather sit and complain behind a keyboard. He very seldom gets off his but and does anything unless it is to bitch and complain in hateful rhetoric online and newsprint. Roger claims to be have all the facts but when it comes time to ask his questions about (his) facts to the Town Administrator he is a no show. Such a coward and a liar.

"Scumbag" developers... Really Roger? You got a nice kickback from one and yet you call them names.

www.vssbusinesssolutions.com/LambSettlementAg...

Since: Jan 13

Philadelphia, PA

#54 Jun 27, 2013
Yes, that particular developer is a scumbag, I didn't have a choice in that matter which you continue to ridicule me for. I was forced to accept that offer he made in writing. The demands placed on that developer came from a group of neighbors. RS Town Hall nearly gave him everything he asked for and more. Vince, I'm done explaining anything to you or pointing out documents with facts because you only care about yourself. Why you continue to attack me for no good reason is immoral and precisely the reason I did not attend Bonenberger's Q&A forum you organized.
the citizens of risingsun

Owings Mills, MD

#55 Jul 4, 2013
What you need to do is try and understand why the current police chief in rising sun is still employed. all he does each day is set on his butt in the office, collect two pay checks, one from the town and one from the state. he never goes out on patrol, great the citizens or even check the community to see if any citizen has a concern. I do know that the current mayor and commissioners want him out and that they have a replacement ready. One who is from rising sun and one that has respect for the citizens and will be a positive chief. The new chief will take control of the officers and stop the many complaints that come in. rising sun isn't Baltimore and the police officers need to move on if the want to fight real crime in a big city. come on everyone, the chief needs to go, lets get a new one. let the mayor know that this one has to go......
TellsItStraight

Merchantville, NJ

#56 Jul 4, 2013
the citizens of risingsun wrote:
What you need to do is try and understand why the current police chief in rising sun is still employed. all he does each day is set on his butt in the office, collect two pay checks, one from the town and one from the state. he never goes out on patrol, great the citizens or even check the community to see if any citizen has a concern. I do know that the current mayor and commissioners want him out and that they have a replacement ready. One who is from rising sun and one that has respect for the citizens and will be a positive chief. The new chief will take control of the officers and stop the many complaints that come in. rising sun isn't Baltimore and the police officers need to move on if the want to fight real crime in a big city. come on everyone, the chief needs to go, lets get a new one. let the mayor know that this one has to go......
Know your stuff before opening your mouth! There isn't a police chief in this county that leaves their office. RSPD chief has way too many things to run to be out there. Not to mention, I have actually seen him ON calls or backing up his officers, and one of those occasions was very recently! And how about you look up RSPD's arrest numbers. They DESTROY those of years past with prior chiefs in office. You're an idiot that doesn't like him so you open your mouth and fill this site up with false information.
Rising Sunner

Wilmington, DE

#57 Jul 5, 2013
Check this, it is true. When George Walker was chief of police there were half as many calls for service. Were maybe 200 calls per month under Walker, now RSPD responds to that many in 2 weeks.
Show me the Facts

Philadelphia, PA

#58 Jul 5, 2013
Wow real crime huh no real crime in Rising Sun wow unreal

Guns Drugs Robbery Assaults Crooked Politicians etc no real crime right.

O wait its only Rising Sun no real crimes.

Yup lets get another Walker he could handle all the new issues
chooch

Oaklyn, NJ

#59 Jul 6, 2013
Just a Concerned Citizen wrote:
Watch Dog - Try Octoraro Publishing
try the chronicle...Lancaster county
vsammons

Colora, MD

#61 Jul 23, 2013
I think is is weird how Roger Lamb uses my name so many times in a single post. I think he is obsessed with me or something. He was in the town meeting again tonight talking more trash about me. Whats up with this guy? He should use his energy on more productive things.

I spotted more McD's trash on his street.
Maybe he should work on that again? That was actually productive. Not sure if the group cleaned any other streets other than his own...

Since: Jan 13

Merchantville, NJ

#62 Jul 23, 2013
Vince Sammons, you are a jerk! Here I am again obsessively defending my integrity from your idiotic posts just minutes after giving my rebuke to the ethically challenged Rising Sun Ethics Board. Too bad you weren't there and had to rely on the Calvinites to inform you that I still believe you, Calvin and the ignorant developer are in cahoots since 2008. Since you never attend meetings anymore someone must have told you to stay away because you are not to be believed. I wish you'd quit denying those documents easily found on a webpage you built http://penn.vssbusinesssolutions.com/PCMeetin... Also quit throwing your trash out your car window because I will file a complaint about you harassing me and you are setting a bad example for your children.
RSTaxpayer

Philadelphia, PA

#63 Jul 24, 2013
Poor Mayor Fisher, Roger Lamb and Keith Campbell. They all thought Dugger and Walker were gonna be the "saving graces" and work for mayor fisher. News flash people aren't blind followers. ESP not to a 90 year old, demented,power hungry old man. Walker handed it to Fisher last night when Fisher started being disrespectful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Deposit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Havre de Grace School Had 'Issues' with Heat Mar 3 Person 1
News Suspect in Darlington shooting remains in jail Mar 1 fireball 1
Church in Havre de Grace, Maryland (Stansbury F... Mar 1 StansburyGirl 1
memories of old north east (Apr '09) Feb 26 Cathy Rowe 9
The murder of Dino Fanucci (Nov '11) Feb '15 kelbel2 6
Dennis sexton Jan '15 JRC 2
News Port Deposit man, 39, sought in fatal stabbing (Jan '09) Aug '13 Peggy Gilley 18
Port Deposit Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Port Deposit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]