RS Herald reporter denied entry to candidate forum

Posted in the Port Deposit Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Jan 13

Willingboro, NJ

#1 Jun 7, 2013
At the Rising Sun Candidate Forum tonight a RS Herald reporter was denied entry. The event sponsored by Vincent Sammons is on Facebook is masquerading as THE TOWN OF RISING SUN - TOWN HALL MEETING. Sammons did allow his favorite reporter entry but denied another from attending the public event. He posted:

"We will look for personal attacks from the Herald since they were denied entry. We invited the Cecil Whig since we feel they are non biased and will be able to represent the candidates fairly."

The "we" Sammons refers to is himself and Town Administrator Calvin Bonenberger who the Commissioners seeking re-election gave a huge raise. This is a continuation of Sammon's smear campaign against common sense and Rising Sun residents who support fair and open government... and since when is the Cecil Whig non-biased?
vsammons

Colora, MD

#3 Jun 10, 2013
Roger you are just saddened you were not able to Hi-Jack this forum as you do the other Town Meetings. It went so smoothly and respectful without you and the Herald creating chaos.

I plan to do another one with the same regulations. You and the Herald will not be attending either so we can keep it orderly and respectful.

Your comments and dark negative spin on this is evil and your small group can continue to cry about it.

I have proven with my actions in the community that I care about this town and you just pick up trash on your street a few times and expect to be called a hero. You are a funny man.
vsammons

Colora, MD

#4 Jun 10, 2013
Don - Drugs are awful in Cecil county and in New Castle DE and needs to be corrected! It is bigger than a Rising Sun problem.
Just a Concerned Citizen

Tarrs, PA

#5 Jun 10, 2013
The candidates forum went very well but the were some questionable actions. Who was the sponsor of the event? Why were only active voting residents allowed? All residents should have been allowed regardless of their voting record. The business owners that cannot vote but own property in town should have been allowed to attend as well. Many of the business owners have spent their entire lives supporting the Town.

I strongly support the freedom of the press and excluding the press, any press, is wrong. But this depends on the sponsor of the event. I don't believe most of the candidates knew the sponsor or that a local press agency was not allowed to attend.

Some of the questions for the candidates appeared to have come from Facebook(?) by people that were non-residents.
Watch Dog

Rising Sun, MD

#6 Jun 10, 2013
what is RS Herald I cannot find that as a registered business in Maryland. Are they like Roger? All in the Town business but not paying there fair share? I dunno seems fishy
Just a Concerned Citizen

Tarrs, PA

#8 Jun 10, 2013
Watch Dog - Try Octoraro Publishing
vsammons

Colora, MD

#9 Jun 11, 2013
TO Just Concerned Citizen - If the forum was fair and DID have press attendance by the county paper why would any of the other facts matter? The FACT of the matter is NO ONE took ANY initiative to get to know the candidates and sprung the last minute forum.

I WELCOME ANYONE that wants to do this next you PLEASE DO!

My name is Vincent Sammons and I am the one that did this forum. I was tired of seen folks hitting the same wall year after year and voting for folks they do not know anything about! Rumors are all of the place about me and everyone should consider the sources and what agenda they have. I have proven by example what me agenda is and that is sticking up for the folks in Rising Sun against the disruption the Mayor is causing.
Concerned Taxpayer

Rising Sun, MD

#10 Jun 11, 2013
Just a Concerned Citizen wrote:
Watch Dog - Try Octoraro Publishing
All names were checked NOTHING
vsammons

Colora, MD

#11 Jun 11, 2013
Rising Sun loud mouth gets a dose of Karma?

Court System: Circuit Court for Cecil County - Civil System
Case Number: 07C13000985
Title: John E Driscoll III, et al vs Roger D Lamb, et al
Case Type: ForeclosureFiling Date:06/04/2013
Case Status: Open/Active
DyingBreed

Fort Worth, TX

#12 Jun 11, 2013
vsammons wrote:
Rising Sun loud mouth gets a dose of Karma?
Court System: Circuit Court for Cecil County - Civil System
Case Number: 07C13000985
Title: John E Driscoll III, et al vs Roger D Lamb, et al
Case Type: ForeclosureFiling Date:06/04/2013
Case Status: Open/Active
Whether you agree with a man or not, bringing his personal life in to sling mud on is no way to go. That's a cold, hard, low blow. Shameful, really.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
Anonymous

Rising Sun, MD

#13 Jun 11, 2013
I would like to respond to a couple of remarks made about the Meet the Candidates forum. First Roger, the forum was not sponsored by Vince Sammons. It was a conversation on FB that started the idea. Several residents then took the idea and made it possible. Me included. (Shirley Deppish). When it came time to rent the church hall, Vince stepped up to the plate and put up the money. Other residents put in time, supplies and we had a resident video tape the event. Since this was to meet candidates that were running for commissioner, we felt it best to limit it to registered voters that would be casting there votes for them. We had a current voters list from the county and as people would enter, they were checked. Lisa Tome was not on the list. When she arrived, she was informed of this and started using words that not even you use. She was asked to leave. When she would not, the police was called. Now you stayed and I guess took notes. This forum was not the town hall meeting where you like to throw mud. This was a private affair and we had the right to admit or not admit anyone we felt would be disruptive or disrespectful to the residents and/or the candidates. NO TOWN OFFICIAL WAS INVITED UNLESS THEY WERE ON THE BALLOT. That included Calvin. This is what is wrong with this town. Some of the residents try to do something good for the residence and people like you run your mouth. You are not a voting resident and you have nothing to say about it.
vsammons

Colora, MD

#14 Jun 11, 2013
I am returning the favor to good ole Roger. At least what I post is true! Unlike AmericanGarden.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." This is what I did for him. He asked for it!

You do not see me doing this to anyone else! Let him personally attack you for months on end and see how you react!

Walk a mile in my shoes DyingBreed!
DyingBreed

Fort Worth, TX

#15 Jun 12, 2013
vsammons wrote:
I am returning the favor to good ole Roger. At least what I post is true! Unlike AmericanGarden.
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." This is what I did for him. He asked for it!
You do not see me doing this to anyone else! Let him personally attack you for months on end and see how you react!
I think you misunderstand. "Do to others as you would have them do to you," not "do to them what they have done to you." I see you'd rather have revenge than be decent. Saying "he asked for it" is the same response you get from small children trying to justify a (in their mind, justified) wrongdoing. Can you imagine the world we'd live in if we gave everyone "what they asked for?"

I'd like to think I would react with tact and grace, rather than sinking to a lower level. I'm not justifying his actions, but thus far you've proved to me that you're no better.

I hope I'm wrong, and that it was temporary lapse of judgement caused by anger.
vsammons

Colora, MD

#16 Jun 12, 2013
DyingBreed - I suppose I got caught up in paybacks for all the things he has said that was not true. I concur with your assessment of what I did.
DyingBreed

Fort Worth, TX

#17 Jun 12, 2013
vsammons wrote:
DyingBreed - I suppose I got caught up in paybacks for all the things he has said that was not true. I concur with your assessment of what I did.
And I am very sorry that you have been treated unfairly and smeared.

I can see that this whole topic is a touchy subject, and I am sure that it can be resolved if everyone keeps their heads cool. Clearly a lot of drama has taken place, but ultimately we just want to do what is best for Rising Sun, correct? We should do our best to not let this get personal.
Rising Sunner

Bristol, CT

#18 Jun 13, 2013
vsammons wrote:
Vince Sammons had several facebook pages he used to defame Roger Lamb starting last June, this after Lamb wrote a letter to the editor of the RS Herald complaining about candidate Mumey. Lamb was not aware of the slandering by Sammons until months later and has since joined FB to defend himdelf from Sammons abuse but Lamb was immediately blocked from viewing Sammons idiotic postings. Sammons is all wrong and a sore loser.
Vince

Colora, MD

#19 Jun 13, 2013
Rising Sunner - I was posting facts about Roger on how he helps spreads false rumors for the current Mayer. He is welcome to take legal action against me if it was slanderous.I was not running so I am not sure how I am a sore loser? I am looking to break up the abuse of local government. Some folks are taking advantage of the fact no one come out to vote and sends there team in to vote and wins to hook up friends with awards for water/sewer on their land and to pay retribution to town employees that merely stated facts that help lead to the conviction of a Mayor who is friends with the current one.
Vince

Colora, MD

#20 Jun 13, 2013
DyingBreed - Thanks for being the voice of reason!
TownTaxpayer

Merchantville, NJ

#21 Jun 13, 2013
Rising Sunner is Roger look at how they write referring to Tom Mumey as Mumey and himself as Lamb. He even likes his own stuff. Pathetic !
pookie

Owings Mills, MD

#22 Jun 13, 2013
Don't you think it is time for the mayor to clean house. What has happen with the commissioners and them trying to remove Mayor Fisher is a joke. They make Rising Sun the joke of Cecil County. I hope with the last election on 06/10/13 that the clean up town hall, remove the high paid administrator and the clown of a police chief who just sets in the office and collects his second income. Come on people wake up.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Deposit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cheating men 2 hr seriously 3
Dirty Deals Tue Honor 1
pissed off Mon protective upset mom 1
ann ligget Sep 16 A FRIEND_ ONCE 1
Mayor of Rising Sun caught in a lie (Jul '13) Sep 16 Who me 41
Who should be the next Mayor of Rising Sun ? (Sep '13) Sep 15 Who me 28
congratulations to the first ever gay mayor of ... Sep 6 vince 9

Port Deposit Jobs

Port Deposit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE