Port Deposit boy burned after fall into burn pit

Full story: Baltimore Sun 21
Fire investigators say a 2-year-old Port Deposit boy suffered severe burns after he fell into a burn pit in his backyard. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ediotor

Hagerstown, MD

#1 Aug 4, 2008
a home made fire pit... they should have bought the fire pit from walmart
Debbie

Pleasanton, CA

#2 Aug 4, 2008
Another case of parents not thinking. Why would you have a fire pit in a yard where a 2 year old plays? My sympathies to that poor child. That boy, if he survives will have a lifetime of surgeries because of thie stupidity.
ynot

Havre De Grace, MD

#3 Aug 4, 2008
What do you expect from Cecil County hillbillies ?
Pure stupidity !
anonymous

Port Deposit, MD

#4 Aug 4, 2008
My heart goes out to that poor child. Although his parents were negligent in their actions, I do not believe that makes all cecil county residents hillbillies. If where people live incites name calling, I could only imagine what could be said about Edgewood residents.
ynot

Havre De Grace, MD

#5 Aug 4, 2008
For the record I am not from Edgewood, MD that is the page I happened to be on when I signed up for this forum... unfortunately where you choose to live DOES incite name calling... no one makes you live where you live.... YOU CHOOSE IT. Again, pure stupidity !
i hate shrewsbury

Mount Wolf, PA

#6 Aug 4, 2008
ynot wrote:
For the record I am not from Edgewood, MD that is the page I happened to be on when I signed up for this forum... unfortunately where you choose to live DOES incite name calling... no one makes you live where you live.... YOU CHOOSE IT. Again, pure stupidity !
True that!
anonymous

Port Deposit, MD

#7 Aug 5, 2008
You are right! Since moving from Harford County to Cecil a few years ago, I definitely do CHOOSE to live here. Again, my prayers are with that poor little boy.
truth teller

Elkton, MD

#8 Aug 5, 2008
A. You could't pay me to live in Edgewood...trashey thug infested place. Shootings happen every week. take cecil county anyday
ynot

Havre De Grace, MD

#9 Aug 5, 2008
I agree, i also wouldnt live in Edgewood, my choice.
the truth

Baltimore, MD

#10 Aug 15, 2008
Maybe you all need to stop judging people for things that you have no idea about. If you weren't there then you don't have any idea of what happened. Remember this is a child involved some compassion is in order. It would be appreciated by all if you could keep your opinions to yourself.
anonymous

Port Deposit, MD

#11 Aug 15, 2008
totally agree!
the truth

Baltimore, MD

#12 Aug 17, 2008
Thank you for your words, I wish more people would take the time to realize that they do not every detail of what happened or the circumstances around it. Out of privacy they don't wish them discussed but it was a pure & total accident and nothing could have been done to prevent it.
Doug

Baltimore, MD

#13 Aug 17, 2008
And the losers claming to be the parents were probably burning plastic off scrap metal for drug money, anyway
anonymous

Port Deposit, MD

#14 Aug 17, 2008
Doug wrote:
And the losers claming to be the parents were probably burning plastic off scrap metal for drug money, anyway
You know nothing about the parents but want to assume that they are drug addicts. Maybe in Baltimore most of the people in your area are and do burn things for drug money, not in our area!
Lisa

Baltimore, MD

#15 Aug 31, 2008
Doug the loser. Actually no the parents aren't drug dealers, they are good people who something unfortunate happened to. Maybe you shouldn't make judgements about people that you don't know. Maybe you are the drug dealer Doug the loser.
northeast mom

Hermitage, TN

#16 Oct 16, 2008
was there drinking that night there.and no one should let a 2 year old around a fire pit. the child should have been in the house safe.
BALLA

AOL

#17 Oct 16, 2008
I LIVE IN PERRYVILLE AS OF A FEW MONTHS AGO,,,I AM NOT SHOCKED WITH THE THINGS THEY DO OUT HERE!!!! I GOT A QUEATION WITH NO DISRESPECT WAS THE PARENTS DRUNK.ON DRUGS OR JUST TEENAGERS?? GOD BLESS THE KID IMAGINE A TINY BURN!!!
larry g

Ellicott City, MD

#18 Oct 16, 2008
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing about the parents but want to assume that they are drug addicts. Maybe in Baltimore most of the people in your area are and do burn things for drug money, not in our area!
so that's right , dump on Baltimore , you are doing what you say the other person did
the truth

Baltimore, MD

#19 Oct 19, 2008
northeast mom wrote:
was there drinking that night there.and no one should let a 2 year old around a fire pit. the child should have been in the house safe.
no the parents were not drinking and noone let the child around the fire pit he fell down hill it was an accident.
the truth

Baltimore, MD

#20 Oct 19, 2008
BALLA wrote:
I LIVE IN PERRYVILLE AS OF A FEW MONTHS AGO,,,I AM NOT SHOCKED WITH THE THINGS THEY DO OUT HERE!!!! I GOT A QUEATION WITH NO DISRESPECT WAS THE PARENTS DRUNK.ON DRUGS OR JUST TEENAGERS?? GOD BLESS THE KID IMAGINE A TINY BURN!!!
no the parents were not drinking or on drugs and they aren't teenagers. You weren't there and you didn't see what happened, maybe you should think about that before you judge other people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Deposit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Cullums Towing Dec 5 Concerned 3
lakeside trailer park,and cecil hill (Sep '08) Dec 3 cat6409 132
Review: Dish Network Dec 2 BNF 1
Pagans Assaulting Customers in Local Bar. (Apr '09) Nov 27 WallaceP 66
Bruce Johnston Gang (Apr '12) Nov '14 Len 3
Cecil Co man charged with murdering girlfriend Oct '14 Citizen 1
Dennis sexton Oct '14 JRC 1
Port Deposit Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Port Deposit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Port Deposit News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Port Deposit

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:07 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports12:07PM
James ... Flacco? Obama confuses quarterback with actor
NFL12:49 PM
Doh! Obama mistakes James Franco for Joe Flacco
Bleacher Report12:57 PM
Andre Johnson Needs 4 More Catches to Reach 1,000 for Career
Bleacher Report12:58 PM
Will the Philadelphia Eagles Miss the Playoffs?
NBC Sports 2:47 PM
Presidential fumble: It's Franco, not Flacco - NBC Sports