Cecil County detention center inmate commits suicide

Nov 30, 2009 | Posted by: PeterZenger | Full story: www.baltimoresun.com

The Cecil County Sheriff's Office says a county detention center inmate committed suicide.

Comments
41 - 60 of 60 Comments Last updated Jun 6, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Corrupt Sheriff Janney

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Sounds like one of the Administrative ladies Officers at the jail,( AKA:Spice Girls)
Heard they like the inmates a little tooo well.
TrryOh

Salisbury, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

She has/had red hair,slightly over weight.If I knew her name it would be on here.

Since: Aug 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

TrryOh, I made a post questioning the Dept of Social Services in the county. Would love to see your reply to start off my posts. Thanks
TrryOh

Salisbury, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2011

Where?
dverb

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

There needs to be an outside investigation, one that is done by an independent team that does not belong to the "good ole boys" of cecil county.
While they are at it they should investigate the- lol- drug task force. Inept thieves who do not know when they are being scammed.

Since: Aug 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

duane

Elkton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2011

yeah well i just got outta ccdc and itis a fuckin day care its the only jail where u can tell the c.o.s what to do.they r so worried sum one might bitch slap them.when the riot jumped off in 2007 on max, i was on upper e and they got two big bens of pancakes and shit like that 2 get them to settle down.you can tell the c.o. 2 take u 2 the docter or sumthing like that and u get no shit they just do it.scared 2 death!!!
Reggie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2011

duane, your an A hole.
J Martin

Elkton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2011

My son is there now and I have written to him and guess what he never received the letter but they told him he received a letter but wasn't aloud to have it--go figure!!
seriouslady

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2011

Uh, that would be "he wasn't ALLOWED to have it" I'm sure 99.9% of the inmates deserve to be in there and if they were ever in an actual State prison they'd wet their pants and cry in the first hour. Small minds and small time crooks.
yooo

Elkton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

duane, is ur last name jenson?
Disgraceful Jail

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

Judged:

As long as you have that pathetic Sheriff Janney and his Spice Girls running the jail, get used to these type of headlines!
All they are worried about is Golf and what is for lunch!
Shameful Janney

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

Judged:

Janneys joke house!
ccdc

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2011

Judged:

duane wrote:
yeah well i just got outta ccdc and itis a fuckin day care its the only jail where u can tell the c.o.s what to do.they r so worried sum one might bitch slap them.when the riot jumped off in 2007 on max, i was on upper e and they got two big bens of pancakes and shit like that 2 get them to settle down.you can tell the c.o. 2 take u 2 the docter or sumthing like that and u get no shit they just do it.scared 2 death!!!
all the guards are scared o did 9 months there you tell they're guards what to do
lockedupatccdcwo rkrelease

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

I'm currently serving a sentance on the work release side. It's under construction. It's not a bad place to be if you are in jail. It could be much worse. I personally have not witnessed any employee misconduct. I'm sure there are a few bad apples but most of the guards are just there to do a job and go home. If you keep your mouth shut, follow the rules, and respect everyone you generally get left alone. The sanitation in the older parts are bad but they are redoing everything.

Work release is expensive. But hey at least I'm out during the day.

The food is not bad. Kind of highschool like. The showers are private. The rooms are single dorms with a bunk bed. I can't say I want to come back. But as I said, I can think of much crappier places to be locked up.

Best of luck to all coming in and going out.
Inmate

Salisbury, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

I have been in and the only Officers that took an interest was Jones, Mitchell, Miller, Nelson and Ms. S who I heard they fired for helping an inmate contact their family - the rumor is that she did not supported this asshole Janney for sheriff. I understand that she is not the only one. Fat pig Porter and Hash only play on the computer all day. I stood by the window waiting to go to work and because they could not get up off their asses i was late. Hopefully things will change with improvements.
Sheriffs Corruption

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

Inmate wrote:
I have been in and the only Officers that took an interest was Jones, Mitchell, Miller, Nelson and Ms. S who I heard they fired for helping an inmate contact their family - the rumor is that she did not supported this asshole Janney for sheriff. I understand that she is not the only one. Fat pig Porter and Hash only play on the computer all day. I stood by the window waiting to go to work and because they could not get up off their asses i was late. Hopefully things will change with improvements.
Janney gets his feelings hurt if you do not support him and you get fired. His support is from intimidation, not respect.
SPR

Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
Isn't this the 3rd Suicide hanging at the Cecil County Detention Center in the past 18 months? Does anyone know what the average suicide is in a prison/detention center?
ANNETTE ISTRYING TO PUT MORE ELECTRICITY, AND THE AERIAL DEVICE ON TH 15TH FLOOR.,'TO DO ME IN' SO HANDFIELD WOULD BE DIFFERENT. ANNETTE IS A KILLER, OFTHE MARION HANDFIELD FAMILY ALWAYS WAS, AND WILL BE, SHE HAS INCEST CAN NOT LEAVE HANDFIELD ALONE. HANDFIELD IS PUTTING RESUMES IN FOR TEACHING JOBS, AND BIOLOGY JOBS, FOREIGNERS CAN HAVE JOBS, UNLIKE USA WHITES ARE DISALLOWED JOBS, COLOREDAND THE HISPANICS ALBINO WHITES GET IT. ANNETTE WANTED TO DOIN, STE3AL ALL, AND IF ALIVE GET HANDFIELD AT60 YEARS OLD AND TAKE ALL WITH MORE SET UPS, ANNETTE HAS INCESTONHANDFIELD ANDTHE MOTHER, PUSSY IS WHAT SHENEEDS TO TOUCH AND SLEEP WITH. RECORDING/TAPE OF THE SIGNAL OF ANNETTE, TRACKPHONE, CPMS, OSD, MIL,'I WILL DO HER IN, TODAY, DEAD, DIFFERENT, I WANT HER TO GO THRU HER MIND, I DIDNOT WANT RUSSIA TO HAVE HER RESUME, NOR ANYONE, I DID THIS TO ALBERT AND GERALD J, I DIDIN LOUISE Y SO SHE WOULD NOT BOTHER ME WHEN ANNETE RETIRES, LOUISE Y NEVER BOTHERED,AND SINCE DAD DIED 3 TIMES SAW, LIKE SUZIE 5 TIMES, GERALD AND ALBERT1 TIME, NOMONEY NOR TIME GIVEN TO ANYONE IN THE FAMILY, SHE WANTS THEM ALL DEAD, SO NO ONE BOTHERS HER, HOWEVER, ARRAIGE ANNETTE TOTHE UKRAINE. FOR PRISION TIME 30 YEARS. ANNETTE AND GROUP ARE KILLERS, OFTHE 21 CENTURY WITH REMOTE, AND LONG DISTANCE DEVICES, THAT ARE NOT BLESSED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE.,
ANNETTE KNOWS THAT HANDFIELD HAS EQUILIBRIUM PROBLEMS, DUE TO THEDEVICE, IT IS CALLED
ANNETTE ALWAYS WANTS HANDFIELD TO STICK OUT TONGUE WITH THE DEVICE, AND MAKE HER CHEW GROSSLY, BECAUSE ANNETTES FRIENDS SEE ANNETTE AS GROSS NOW.
NOONE KNOWS, KNEW, ANNETTE, AS A TROUBLEMAKER, INSTIGTOR OF THE MARION FAMILLY, NEVER GOOD, SHE WANTS TO BE GOODS, AND GREAT ONE OFTHE FAMILY AND KILL OFF EVERYON E IN FAMILY.ANNETTE MARION STILL ATTACKING HANDFIELD UKRAINE,&DOGHURT
IVANWROTE
Franklin

Bel Air, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

Judged:

This may be the stupidest thread Ive ever seen.
Sheriffs Corruption

Bowie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

Franklin wrote:
This may be the stupidest thread Ive ever seen.
We understand! Many feel the same way about the Sheriff and his Jailhouse Spice Girls! Idiots protected by a Sheriff re-elected by ill informed voters!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Port Deposit Discussions

Search the Port Deposit Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
North East Chocolates and Gelato (Aug '13) 9 hr Kirby supporter 3
lakeside trailer park,and cecil hill (Sep '08) 9 hr Kirby supporter 130
looking for weed in aberdeen area (uk) (Mar '11) 18 hr seriously 8
cheating men 18 hr seriously 2
Opinions on Gay Mayor in Rising Sun Mon just asking 4
Court Ordered Community Service work from home (Apr '11) Aug 13 Marilynn Hogan 69
president obama should close a.p.g. (Jan '09) Aug 7 Dawn 26
•••
•••
•••
Port Deposit Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Port Deposit Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••