Cecil County detention center inmate ...

Cecil County detention center inmate commits suicide

There are 60 comments on the www.baltimoresun.com story from Nov 30, 2009, titled Cecil County detention center inmate commits suicide. In it, www.baltimoresun.com reports that:

The Cecil County Sheriff's Office says a county detention center inmate committed suicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.baltimoresun.com.

Dr Twinky

Singapore

#21 Dec 23, 2010
TrryOh wrote:
Not sure if the guards are really that stupid.They have families too don't they?In this day and age they can no longer live out in BF Egypt.
thats what you think.
TrryOh

United States

#22 Dec 27, 2010
Well,then payback is a m fer.They get what they give.
Rickodoodles

United States

#23 Dec 28, 2010
TrryOh wrote:
Well,then payback is a m fer.They get what they give.
huh?
TrryOh

United States

#24 Dec 31, 2010
POST THEIR NAMES AND ADDRESSES.Try to remember the incidents and put them on HERE.You know what I said.
kalli

Elkton, MD

#25 Dec 31, 2010
TrryOh wrote:
POST THEIR NAMES AND ADDRESSES.Try to remember the incidents and put them on HERE.You know what I said.
What are you trying to say on here , this sounds like a threat !
TrryOh

United States

#26 Dec 31, 2010
It's called public humiliation.They allow citizens arrests to be posted before a trial.Deal with it.
kalli

Elkton, MD

#27 Dec 31, 2010
TrryOh wrote:
It's called public humiliation.They allow citizens arrests to be posted before a trial.Deal with it.
This just shows how crazy people like yourself can lie on here and start a band of other crazy people into believing off the wall lies and put somebodies address on here and maybe get somebody hurt! Why dont you think before you write on here !
kalli

Elkton, MD

#28 Dec 31, 2010
And one more thing YOU DEAL WITH IT !
TrryOh

United States

#29 Dec 31, 2010
Seems like that's what I'm doing.Is this like the time King Shaeffer had the State Police to hand deliver legal protesters photo's to their door?Sort of a we are watching you thing...
If you are done wrong by our public servants,feel free to post it with their names.At least their neighbors and fellow Church goers will know what kind of monsters live in our communities.What can it hurt?Everyone is getting locked up anyway,and that means big brother is maintaining files on everyone too!!!
And don't let them intimidate you,notice how they come out of the woodwork all of the sudden.
kalli

Elkton, MD

#30 Dec 31, 2010
TrryOh wrote:
Seems like that's what I'm doing.Is this like the time King Shaeffer had the State Police to hand deliver legal protesters photo's to their door?Sort of a we are watching you thing...
If you are done wrong by our public servants,feel free to post it with their names.At least their neighbors and fellow Church goers will know what kind of monsters live in our communities.What can it hurt?Everyone is getting locked up anyway,and that means big brother is maintaining files on everyone too!!!
And don't let them intimidate you,notice how they come out of the woodwork all of the sudden.
You must not be that smart !
TrryOh

United States

#31 Dec 31, 2010
Hmmm,did you happen to read the subject line on this thread?Genius...It's about public officials NOT doing their jobs.People on relatively minor charges dying while in their care.
No my friend,you must not be that smart.We have every right to police the people we have charged to protect and serve.If they do their jobs,then they have nothing to worry about,right?
kalli

Elkton, MD

#32 Dec 31, 2010
TrryOh wrote:
Hmmm,did you happen to read the subject line on this thread?Genius...It's about public officials NOT doing their jobs.People on relatively minor charges dying while in their care.
No my friend,you must not be that smart.We have every right to police the people we have charged to protect and serve.If they do their jobs,then they have nothing to worry about,right?
Since you are so smart which I will tell you are not by any means , how can you go by somebodies reply on here that they say somebody did something to some one , for one thing you did not see it done by your own eyes you are taking from probably an ex criminal who will say any thing ! You need to wake up !
TrryOh

United States

#33 Dec 31, 2010
OK,the event did happen,it was reported and documented.Further,it was only internally investigated by the 'good ol boys' system.Now,I will answer your question with a question.What gives them the right to put peoples names in the paper BEFORE they have their day in court?
Seems a little subliminal to me.Any potential jurist that read the paper in the last 6 months would have already locked into that persons name without even knowing it.Old saying,"what's good for the goose is good for the gander"!
Hope this wasn't too deep for you to understand.Reply away,I made my point.
CORRUPT JANNEY

Lynchburg, VA

#34 Jan 4, 2011
Will happen again as long as Janney and his "Spice Girls" are allowed to try to run things. Just look back at their history!
TrryOh

Murfreesboro, TN

#35 Jan 4, 2011
I got news for you.They have been rounding people up since the 80's,using slogans like 'war on drugs','click it or ticket',etc,etc.And it's not just in Maryland.We let it happen while Reagon was President.It was mostly the older now deceased voters of that era.
WE are paying the price of their fear.Don't blame anyone but ourselves for this,we let it happen and only we can change it.You can be locked up for damn near anything today,that's why prisons are so crowded.In my county alone,people are waiting out in the street a block away just to get in traffic court.The end result is our names are in the system,and jurisdictions are starting to put minor traffic charges on your record the same as criminal charges!
I would say that is a way for the 'system'to manipulate crime statistics to get more Federal monies.
We let it happen and the officials that knew this is wrong are all mostly gone,put out to pasture daring not to speak out for fear of losing their pensions.
We let it happen.
TrryOh

Charlotte, NC

#36 Jan 6, 2011
Bill of Rights

With the ratification of the Constitution 1789, there was a concern that it did not protect certain freedoms. They thought that the people should be able to amend (change) the Constitution to protect these freedoms. By adding 10 amendments (the Bill of Rights) to the Constitution, there is a guarantee of certain freedoms and rights.

Some of the freedoms and rights in the Bill of Rights include:

* Freedom of religion
* Freedom of assembly
* To keep and bear arms
* Freedom of speech
* Freedom of the press
* Protection for those accused of crimes

The original paper copy of the Bill of Rights is available for viewing at the National Archives Building in Washington, D.C.

The Bill of Rights Day is every December 15. You may also wish to view information on Constitution Day and Citizenship Day.

They can take our right to bear arms by creating arrest records on us,remember that.
TrryOh

Charlotte, NC

#37 Jan 8, 2011
The Roanoke Times
February 9, 2010
By Mike Gangloff

A Virginia Tech student jailed on a drunken driving charge was beaten by Roanoke sheriff's deputies who were annoyed by his burping, according to a federal lawsuit.

Thomas Scott Vandegrift, 24, said in the lawsuit filed last week in U.S. District Court in Roanoke that his burps, caused by acid reflux, led d More..eputies in the Roanoke jail to twist his arms behind his back while he was handcuffed, force him to his knees and beat him.

The attack was part of "an institutionalized practice" of rough treatment by deputies and was covered up by Sheriff Octavia Johnson, the lawsuit says. Vandegrift's attorney, John Fishwick of Roanoke, said in a statement the lawsuit "raises important issues," but declined to elaborate. Fishwick last year filed another federal lawsuit on behalf of prisoner DaVon Bell, who said Roanoke deputies broke his elbow.

Sheriff's office spokeswoman Patricia Johnson said Monday there would be no comment on Vandegrift's lawsuit.

Vandegrift's suit says officers denied him medical care, but that after his release, he was treated at a hospital for wrist and arm strains and abrasions to his ear and side.

Bell and Vandegrift's lawsuits name the same deputy, Brandon Young, as among the officers who assaulted them. The suits both seek $6 million from each defendant, including the city, the sheriff's office, the sheriff, Young and additional deputies whose identities weren't known, Fishwick said. Both lawsuits allege excessive force, conspiracy to violate civil rights and assault and battery.

In Bell's case, Young and Johnson have filed responses denying they violated his rights. In December, a judge dismissed the sheriff's office as a defendant, but said the case could proceed against Johnson, Young and other officers. A trial date is set for May.

Vandegrift's drunken driving charge ended in 2008 in Roanoke General District Court with a no-contest plea, a $750 fine, a suspended six-month jail sentence and a year of driving restrictions. Vandegrift graduated from Tech with a biology degree last fall and lives in Roanoke, Fishwick said.
TrryOh

Charlotte, NC

#39 Jan 14, 2011
what

Windsor Mill, MD

#40 Jan 17, 2011
who was it that died on the 14th? i clicked on the link, it took me to the baltimore sun, but i couldn't find any article on it? it is a dirty little shithole, but its a cake ride there. if you know how to do time, its really easy. but then again, if you're going through it, i'm sure it can be rough. there should def. be a better mental health screening of the inmates, upon arrival, as well as just plain keeping an eye out for signs of depression daily. the guards should be trained to be made aware of the warning signs of depression - someone who is thinking of committing suicide would definitly show those signs!!! not only be trained to be made aware of the signs, but alert proper councelors or medical health ppl, who will really try to help them through whatever it is they are going through, not just ignore it. a lot of ppl in jail are drug addicts, and a lot of drug addicts are that way because they have some sort of mental thing going on in the first place, bi-polar, etc. if an addict was taking something like, xanax, for depression, which a lot of ppl abuse, and then go in there and are cut off of it, they go into a deep depression, because they were taking drugs that stimulated their happy zones, and when cut off, those happy zones drop, and fast, and they end up in serious depression, and think the world is over, whether in jail or out, and if in jail, i can't imagine how they could see things ever getting better. help them. get the staff the education they need to do that. period. they are someones son or daughter, aunt, uncle, grandchild, mother, or father. and you never know how quickly it could effect your own family. do something to help them.
TrryOh

Charlotte, NC

#41 Jan 19, 2011
One of the counselors let an inmate move in with her around 1990-91.Then he beat her up!So there you go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Deposit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jan 14 FireFellow44 21
News Suspicious Man Enters School, Asks To 'See How ... Dec 28 wtf 2
Looking for laborers in North East, MD (Mar '17) Dec '17 Arsen01 2
News Confronting the KKK in rural Maryland: June 1971 (Jan '13) Nov '17 Guest 20
lakeside trailer park,and cecil hill (Sep '08) Nov '17 RGS Rblood 144
Dennis sexton (Oct '14) Oct '17 JRC 4
Review: TV Repairs -- Fast and Thrifty (Feb '11) Oct '17 Mary P 8

Port Deposit Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Port Deposit Mortgages