Cecil County detention center inmate commits suicide

Nov 30, 2009 | Posted by: PeterZenger | Full story: www.baltimoresun.com

The Cecil County Sheriff's Office says a county detention center inmate committed suicide.

Comments
1 - 20 of 60 Comments Last updated Jun 6, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2009

Isn't this the 3rd Suicide hanging at the Cecil County Detention Center in the past 18 months? Does anyone know what the average suicide is in a prison/detention center?
Wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2009

Why does it say Toronto, Canada? I am in North East, MD
austinz

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2009

i know gary carpenter was found hung onley after geting into a fight with correction officer and his family said his body was beaten then hung.i think the guards are killing inmates,this was at cecil jail
Wishuponasixpoin tedstar

Mount Laurel, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2009

Your ISP's server is in Toronto.
Wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

I see now Janney is thinking about changing the shower rods. Did it really take 2 deaths? Carpenter was done on a pipe.
Janney does not care

Staunton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2009

Judged:

Do not blame the Correctional Officers. Its the pathetic administration that Sheriff Janneycannot control!

Since: Jun 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

Judged:

how many of you have been in there???
I have and you cant say it is the guards there are people in there who want to commit suicide in there all the time and if they want to bad enough they will figure out how to do it.
best thing i can tell you is if you have someone in there write them a letter or go visit them that shows them that someone cares.
austinz

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

konowingo wrote:
how many of you have been in there???
I have and you cant say it is the guards there are people in there who want to commit suicide in there all the time and if they want to bad enough they will figure out how to do it.
best thing i can tell you is if you have someone in there write them a letter or go visit them that shows them that someone cares.
i agree on the most part inmates do kill them selfs but im sure some times the c'o's have some thing to do with it.
Janneys to blame

Staunton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

Judged:

The Administration is to blame. The Correctional Officers work in awful conditions as the supervisors sit in their offices worrying about what to order for lunch! Janney puts all his confidence in the jail administration whom appear to tell Janney what he needs to do. Janney takes orders from his Spice Girls at the jail! The Officers do not have the powers to change Operational Procedures and maintenance issues.
Batman

Elkton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

Face it compared to other jails Cecil County Jail is a dirty shithole. Its not supervised correctly and the Janney administration(Ex-state troopers)frankly don't give ashit about that jail.There above that.That many suicides in a short period of time in that little tiny jail is overwhelming. Janney administration should have made changes in staffing along time ago and changed some simple everyday operational proceduers.That goes to show a fact that Janney does not care about your love ones residing at the jail and would only sell out a correctional deputy if things went sour.Point blank indicator shows that the Janney gang have to go.Vote Slater or Sutton 2010!!
austinz

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

when i was in that tiny jail we was packed in the gym on the floor about 60 of us 1 c.o, i seen inmates doing others drugs od on pills and so on the place is crazyyyyyyyyyyy not in a bad way in a hillbilly way.the place is a day camp/detox oh and that staph infection and merser was on half the junkies
austinz

Huntersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

oh,and that is where i learned about gay sex,and loved it.my boy friend was a big black Jamaicin fellow that got arrested carrying drugs on the interstate.we fell in love,but it was too crowded.maybe we will be together again someday,but for now,i'll jus cruise the strip.
austinz

Huntersville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

same guards that killed that delaware boy in harford detention center many years ago!
austinz

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

seems like i struck a nerve on a c.o at the joint lmfao!!!!!! some 1 has some thing to hide
Matt steltzer

Kennett Square, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Im bout to go do 2 months there lol i think its gonna be cake i know people down there and aint no gay sex going on the guards really are kinda carless tho i heard
TrryOh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

Matt steltzer wrote:
Im bout to go do 2 months there lol i think its gonna be cake i know people down there and aint no gay sex going on the guards really are kinda carless tho i heard
Just take your shower when everyone else goes to breakfast.
Coward Janney

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2010

ANOTHER JANNEY MESS!
You have a Trooper retirement home run by ex secretaries that only worry about lunch and plastering on makeup.
JANNEY HAS MADE CECIL COUNTY THE BUTT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT JOKES NATIONWIDE!
TrryOh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

We need to start requesting the Judge's Oath when they do wrong.Just to simplify things,it requires another Judge to begin a review and if he does wrong,etc,etc..When you do this and something comes up wrong like they are letting each other slide on a corrupt case,they can literally be tried for treason.Sort of like forcing them to police each other or lose everything.WE ARE THEIR BOSSES.Bet nobody knew this.
Johnnie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

austinz wrote:
i know gary carpenter was found hung onley after geting into a fight with correction officer and his family said his body was beaten then hung.i think the guards are killing inmates,this was at cecil jail
It's possible, very possible.
TrryOh

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2010

Not sure if the guards are really that stupid.They have families too don't they?In this day and age they can no longer live out in BF Egypt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Port Deposit Discussions

Search the Port Deposit Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: J & J Nail Bar Jul 11 really 2
Parents' Day Out anywhere nearby? Jul 9 Jenn 2
lakeside trailer park,and cecil hill (Sep '08) Jun 27 Oh Boyyyyy 129
Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jun 24 Jon SpellMAN 16
Who do you support for State Senate in Maryland... (Oct '10) Jun 24 Not in your life 11
Opinions on Gay Mayor in Rising Sun Jun 24 Does it matter 3
Cecil County Politics: Patchell, YMCA Chief, Fi... (Nov '13) Jun 23 The Shining 15
•••
•••
•••
•••

Port Deposit Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Port Deposit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••