Charlotte County food bank closes after 30 years

Mar 15, 2013 Full story: winknews.com

A Charlotte County food bank that has helped the needy for three decades suddenly closed this week with little explanation.

Full Story
DrMartin

Cape Coral, FL

#1 Mar 15, 2013
All of the homeless are on food stamps anyway. All of those bums sell their food stamps for drugs and alcohol and then mooch for free food at the food banks. No wonder they closed. They were sick of moochers.
Food banks first started to help struggling families. Over the years it turned into nothing but bums. There's nothing worse than seeing the same drug addicts coming back time an time again. They have nothing going for them, yet they feel they deserve handouts. Wrong.
Skidunk

Beaver Island, MI

#2 Mar 19, 2013
You get nothing from people when you only give, it robs their pride and their sense of reality. They started one of these in my little town and I think it is bull. If the people wanted to work I would give them work to do for food, no one asks, they just expect!
Judgement

North Port, FL

#3 Mar 20, 2013
What a suprise!!!!!

Both above posters live in very high end afluent communities!

Not in the town where the story takes place.

Oh, and DrMartin? How long have you been a mind reader?

Or are you one of those blessed people who can tell what people think and do just by looking at them?

Elitist jerks!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 53 min convict 549 2,517
Review: Bill Jacobsen Concrete Enterprises Bobc... 6 hr flbill38 1
DEAN KIMBALL LIKES Married Women Mon Truth 1
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Mon noshellswill 2,977
New Port Charlotte Walmart looks to hire associ... Sun curious 1
Become one of the Marvel Heroes Sep 7 mr jamesen 1
Rotonda West Association SUCKS! (Mar '07) Sep 7 snowbird 1,571
•••
•••
•••

Port Charlotte Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Port Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE