Rick Scott once vowed he'd pull Flori...

Rick Scott once vowed he'd pull Florida jobs

There are 34 comments on the News Press story from Aug 11, 2010, titled Rick Scott once vowed he'd pull Florida jobs. In it, News Press reports that:

Republican gubernatorial candidate Rick Scott, who has promised to create 700,000 jobs for Florida's ailing economy, wasn't always so benevolent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Janet

Fort White, FL

#21 Jan 5, 2011
taxpayerdom wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well put..Why don't we ask all in politics to do there job at half the pay which would help the economy and see if they are all in it for the people or for their own wealth..........
How about we educate people on the proper uses of "their" "they're" and "there"?
Happy

Port Charlotte, FL

#22 Jan 9, 2011
He has had time now. So were is the d-m jobs????
bushie

Port Charlotte, FL

#23 Jan 10, 2011
I want a job. Were are the jobs Scott!
hey

Fort Myers, FL

#24 Jan 28, 2011
LukeVentura wrote:
Do you think it's hard to find a job these days?
How long have you been out of work?
The Obama administration is ready to legalize 12-20 million illegals and
give them work permits. Do you know what is means?
You thought that maybe you can find a job for $10-14 / hour.. huh?
Not anymore ! Those legalized illegals will take that job for minimum wage.
Jobs for American Workers, NOT Illegal Aliens !
Push your state rep to make a change. Sign the Petition.
http://www.numbersusa.com
Once you are registered, go to the "action board" to send FREE faxes now.
They are all typed up and ready to go, you just need to click your mouse to send.
Forward this to everyone you know.
Don't let them ruin your state like they've ruined Arizona.
Not only is this a lie, it is the opposite of the truth. The republicans have pushed to let the illegals stay (for cheap labor) and the democrats have stalled them.
Makes me wonder what happens when you go to the web site, get hacked maybe? After all you are lieing to us so you can not be trusted!
bushie

Port Charlotte, FL

#25 Feb 1, 2011
When bush took over he was handed a country with no wars,lots of work for every one. Life was good. 8 years latter over 40.000 factories had shut down or moved out of the USA,2 wars and in hock over our ass. But he did do what he said he would lower tax. If you can't make money then you don't owe tax. He also helped with the cost of a home. Fl has lots of cheap homes now. Let us all enjoy the after mess of bush and his little buddys. ENJOY!
Happy

Port Charlotte, FL

#26 Feb 7, 2011
Now you will have to pay 5% into a fund if scott gets it his way? How can a nut like him mandate you pay 5%?
Happy

Port Charlotte, FL

#27 Feb 9, 2011
You can now tell 13000 state workers GOOD BYE! that's how you make jobs. Hope you people don't need a job why scott is there?? This stuff is so funny.
Happy

Port Charlotte, FL

#28 Feb 14, 2011
Still no jobs??? He must be a joke.,
Happy

Madison Heights, MI

#29 Feb 28, 2011
Still no jobs! Do you all think he lies???
Redcat

Jupiter, FL

#30 Feb 28, 2011
So, obviously, something needs to be done, fast.
But what?
Any suggestions?
What about Scott being mentioned in that now-famous phone call that Walker had with that reporter a week ago? Walker claimed that he was part of a GOP plan involving other governors, including Scott. They decided they would all do the same thing in their states as Walker is doing in Wisconsin. They even went so far as to discuss the idea of planting "troublemakers" at rallies to help bring more negative attention to the cause of the teachers, police, firefighters, etc.
It's pretty much a sure bet that once the Florida house is back in session in two weeks, everything they are trying to do in Wisconsin will also be attempted here.
Can they be stopped?
How?

“Look into my eyes”

Since: Sep 10

Stillwater, MN

#31 Mar 3, 2011
Rick Scott is an evil POS

Who are the idiots that voted this joker in?

“have seen the years,”

Since: Mar 10

and the slow parade of fears"

#32 Mar 3, 2011
TEA BAG HAG wrote:
Rick Scott is an evil POS
Who are the idiots that voted this joker in?

From what I understand, it was actually those who did not show up to vote that allowed this to happen.
Whatever it was, we better correct it, fast.
This guy thinks he is diabolical and omnipotent, and will stop at nothing to get what he wants.
On the other hand, I would imagine that Scott is paying very close attention to what is going on in Wisconsin and Ohio, especially since his buddy Walker told the world that there was a plot between him and Richard Scott (and several other new governors) to destroy collective bargaining in this country.
Happy

Punta Gorda, FL

#33 Mar 6, 2011
You can bet,that Fl will be next. But I don't think the people in Fl has the balls to stand up to it. I sure hope so.
Happy

Punta Gorda, FL

#34 Mar 11, 2011
I wouldn't want to be a school teacher if Fl. But you are going to get what you voted for. He He He! ENJOY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nude beach (Apr '13) 1 hr April 8
health care (Sep '13) May 25 Total Flop 147
News 10-year-old bicyclist critically injured in Cha... (Sep '11) May 23 Kelcy frame 15
Grass is ...well, horrible in North Port May 20 Bznbuny 1
420 is my favorite date! May 20 Wackjob 3
North Port Police Suck! (Jul '07) May 20 Pathetic 138
Tiara Gil-Bory May 17 turtle 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Port Charlotte Mortgages