Rick Scott once vowed he'd pull Flori...

Rick Scott once vowed he'd pull Florida jobs

There are 34 comments on the News Press story from Aug 11, 2010, titled Rick Scott once vowed he'd pull Florida jobs. In it, News Press reports that:

Republican gubernatorial candidate Rick Scott, who has promised to create 700,000 jobs for Florida's ailing economy, wasn't always so benevolent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Coffee Drinker

Lake Wales, FL

#1 Aug 11, 2010
What a joke this guy is, he even looks untrustworthy.
D O A

Altamonte Springs, FL

#2 Aug 12, 2010
Their all liars.

Remember...people don't go into politics to do good, they go into politics to do well.
LukeVentura

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Aug 12, 2010
Do you think it's hard to find a job these days?
How long have you been out of work?
The Obama administration is ready to legalize 12-20 million illegals and
give them work permits. Do you know what is means?
You thought that maybe you can find a job for $10-14 / hour.. huh?
Not anymore ! Those legalized illegals will take that job for minimum wage.

Jobs for American Workers, NOT Illegal Aliens !
Push your state rep to make a change. Sign the Petition.

http://www.numbersusa.com

Once you are registered, go to the "action board" to send FREE faxes now.
They are all typed up and ready to go, you just need to click your mouse to send.
Forward this to everyone you know.
Don't let them ruin your state like they've ruined Arizona.
taxpayerdom

Nokomis, FL

#4 Aug 12, 2010
D O A wrote:
Their all liars.
Remember...people don't go into politics to do good, they go into politics to do well.
Very well put..Why don't we ask all in politics to do there job at half the pay which would help the economy and see if they are all in it for the people or for their own wealth..........
Just Wondering

Fort Myers, FL

#5 Aug 12, 2010
Those that are lucky enough to be employed right now are in most part, making much less then they did a few years ago. If the America people have to survive on less wages or in most cases no wages, the politicians should do the same...
Tell it like it is

Benson, AZ

#6 Aug 13, 2010
Wow! He spent 40 million of his own money. This guy doesn't need a job. Just think of a better use of the 40 million he spent. He needs to go.
Hello

Bradenton, FL

#7 Aug 13, 2010
I agree, Rick Scott needs to take his money he stole from medicare fraud and disappear somewhere.
Dixon

Boca Raton, FL

#8 Aug 13, 2010
Coffee Drinker wrote:
He will win the Florida nomination for governor because the state attorney general who is running against him for governor is such a FAILURE ,such a useless disaster that most will not even consider voting for him.

The state attorney general has NEVER given a damn about the unreal political corruption in Florida which is his job, He has never looked out for Florida and will kiss corrupt corporate butt over the consumer and I could go on and on what a worthless politician he is .

Will Rick Scott be any better ? NO WAY because not one Rep currently running who is worth a damn.
If you want to find the most corrupt Dems go to Chicago , If you want to find the most corrupt Reps come to Florida.

However the state moderate Reps had enough of the state attorney general and want him out of politics. In truth I might go Independent candidate if we get one because the candidate Dem Green is another BS artist .

Most all I know have already voted absantee ballot for Rick Scott only because they want McCollum out of office and if we had a Dem or Independent worth a damn who want a liar than you can rest assured he/she would be elected however none as of yet.
Dixon

Boca Raton, FL

#9 Aug 13, 2010
Hello wrote:
I agree, Rick Scott needs to take his money he stole from medicare fraud and disappear somewhere.
Under normal circumstances he would not have a prayer but so many sick and tired of McCollum that Scott will win and than we can always vote against him in the main election.

Problem is Green is a liar caught in constant lies and no winner either granted Scott is sleazy .

Florida seems to have the worse choices for candidates out of all the states.I do like Govvernor Crist for senator and he has my vote as Rubio is just another corrupt Miami pig.
skeeter scooter

Fort Myers, FL

#10 Aug 13, 2010
Rick Scott is obviously all about money. Lizbeth Benaquisto is suspect after Betty Parker's column revealing Lizbeth's meager income. Where then does Lizbeth get her money for her Liz Blitz of Sharon Merchant? She obviously is using Rick Scott's writers. Is Lizbeth also using Rick Scott's money?
Manny Rodriguez

Boca Raton, FL

#11 Aug 13, 2010
Between the McCullum and Scott, I'd support the "career politician."

I have a problem with Scott past with that health company. I'm still not satisfied with his explanation.
Mainline Florida

United States

#12 Aug 13, 2010
D O A wrote:
Their all liars.
I'll second that as well!:)
Just wondering

Fort Myers, FL

#13 Aug 14, 2010
I don't like any of the candidates Florida has offered for the gov race. I think both Scott and McCullen have hidden agendas. What politician doesn't? But, Scott is spending all his money to run this race. My question is what does he want out of the governor job? It can't be for the money! What does politians want more then money? Status? Seems Scott already has that, although somewhat shady. So what can he expect to get out of being governor? Maybe he wants the challenge? Maybe he wants to turn things around for the state? Maybe he wants to better the state? I don't really know the answer. But, I keep scratching my head, and asking why he wants to be governor.
McCollum Lifelong Crook

United States

#14 Aug 14, 2010
And now we find out that Bill McCollum and Jeb Bush come to south Florida and sucked up the the hispanic voters! Got a list of us supporting him and published it in the newspapers all the way to Orlando and Tampa! Then this lying sucker and Jeb went to Jacksonville where he and Jeb Bush announced McCollums new Arizona style immigration law which is ever worse than Arizon's He is lying to us and going to north Florida and telling his white friends what they want to hear! Now we find out he has always been crooked as the snake he is!

JUST A FEW REAL FACTS ABOUT THE 30 YEARS OF PUBLIC SERVICE McCOLLUM HAS RENDERED TO HIS FRIENDS AND FELLOW CULTURE OF CORRUPTION MEMBERS AND NOT
WE THE TAXPAYING/ VOTING PUBLIC. CHECK ALL OF THIS OUT AND YOU WILL FIND EVERY WORD IS TRUE! NO WONDER HE NEVER MENTIONS HIS ACCOMPLISHMENTS ON HIS ADS:
Clink Here To See What McCollum Had To Say About RICK SCOTT : http://www.truthaboutrickscott.com/
Bill McCollum has his own negatives, and he can hardly answer them once he is attacked.
He is vulnerable on the following:

1) Rent A Boy Gay Scandal ($120,000. PAID OUT)
2) State airplane abuse ($280,000.+)
3) Capping BP liability at $75 million
4) Votes to loosen mortgage regulations
5) Being a lobbyist
6) Being a career politician
7) Being weak on Immigration (Changed His Feeble Mind on this issue!)
8) Being a hypocrite (NO BACKBONE)
9) Voting with Crist and Sink to squander $250 million on a bad NYC Apartment investment.(SEE LINK BELOW)
10) Giving $2 million in taxpayer money to the same guy who is now producing attack ads for a shady attack group on his behalf.
11) Links to Jim Greer (SUBPOENA COMING)
12) Facilitated the purchase of the Orlando Naval Base for friend Penny Pritzner at pennies on the dollar.
13) Refused to investigate any reported incidents of public corruption and responded with silly form letters informing complainants to hire their own attorney for resolutions.
14) Stanaki Land Deal for his friend Morri Hosseini along with accomplice Charlie Crist (**) see below

(**) Stanaki Land Deal Info:

Perhaps the Federal authorities need to look into a potential honest services issue regarding a Volusia County Republican Donor and Governor Crists dealings on a Land deal known as Stanaki. Stanaki Land deal in Volusia County could hurt McCollum. FDEP/ DSL was negotiating to buy land from major Republican donor and Volusia Based Developer Mori Hosseini in 2006. In derrogation of a court ruling (Case 05-001852) Crist granted development entitlements on the Land (FLAWC053106) while negotiations were in process. The donor was allowed to get new appraisals and raised the asking price from 8 to 16 million. Crist then had FDEP end negotiations and asked DCA to fund the purchase through a FCT Grant per McColums request. McCollum advised FCT to remove the previous appraisals from the files and allowed new appraisals to be used by the State. May 9 DCA approved funding the purchase at the higher per acre price. FCT Director Ken Reecy, said he was advised that the earlier FDEP appraisals and offers were “irrelevant” and was asked to remove them from the files prior to staff and Board review of the grant application (08-004-FF8). McCollum advises Departments on such matters and has ultimate authority on the process.

PLUS WE FIND OUT HE HAS GIVE $250 MILLION FLORIDA DOLLARS TO HIS CROOKED FRIENDS IN NYC TO LOSE IN AN APARTMENT SCAM!

http://www.postonpolitics.com/2009/09/state-l...
Dixon

Miami, FL

#15 Aug 15, 2010
Manny Rodriguez wrote:
Between the McCullum and Scott, I'd support the "career politician."
I have a problem with Scott past with that health company. I'm still not satisfied with his explanation.
Sure you have a problem with Scott he is a CONVICTED Fraud who had to pay the highest medicaire fine in USA HISTORY.

Scott is crap . Look I don't care that the attorney general is a career politician if he had done his job but he did close to nothing and was a disaster.

He is a carrer body which never does his job whether against corrupt insurance companies,etc .

Scott sucks big time but the state attorney general sucks as far as I KNOW he will not his job as governor and will not advance the carrer of the useless but again Scott is a disaster.
Dixon

Miami, FL

#16 Aug 15, 2010
McCollum Lifelong Crook wrote:
And now we find out that Bill McCollum and Jeb Bush come to south Florida and sucked up the the hispanic voters! Got a list of us supporting him and published it in the newspapers all the way to Orlando and Tampa! Then this lying sucker and Jeb went to Jacksonville where he and Jeb Bush announced McCollums new Arizona style immigration law which is ever worse than Arizon's He is lying to us and going to north Florida and telling his white friends what they want to hear! Now we find out he has always been crooked as the snake he is!
JUST A FEW REAL FACTS ABOUT THE 30 YEARS OF PUBLIC SERVICE McCOLLUM HAS RENDERED TO HIS FRIENDS AND FELLOW CULTURE OF CORRUPTION MEMBERS AND NOT
WE THE TAXPAYING/ VOTING PUBLIC. CHECK ALL OF THIS OUT AND YOU WILL FIND EVERY WORD IS TRUE! NO WONDER HE NEVER MENTIONS HIS ACCOMPLISHMENTS ON HIS ADS:
Clink Here To See What McCollum Had To Say About RICK SCOTT : http://www.truthaboutrickscott.com/
Bill McCollum has his own negatives, and he can hardly answer them once he is attacked.
He is vulnerable on the following:
1) Rent A Boy Gay Scandal ($120,000. PAID OUT)
2) State airplane abuse ($280,000.+)
3) Capping BP liability at $75 million
4) Votes to loosen mortgage regulations
5) Being a lobbyist
6) Being a career politician
7) Being weak on Immigration (Changed His Feeble Mind on this issue!)
8) Being a hypocrite (NO BACKBONE)
9) Voting with Crist and Sink to squander $250 million on a bad NYC Apartment investment.(SEE LINK BELOW)
10) Giving $2 million in taxpayer money to the same guy who is now producing attack ads for a shady attack group on his behalf.
11) Links to Jim Greer (SUBPOENA COMING)
12) Facilitated the purchase of the Orlando Naval Base for friend Penny Pritzner at pennies on the dollar.
13) Refused to investigate any reported incidents of public corruption and responded with silly form letters informing complainants to hire their own attorney for resolutions.
14) Stanaki Land Deal for his friend Morri Hosseini along with accomplice Charlie Crist (**) see below
(**) Stanaki Land Deal Info:
Perhaps the Federal authorities need to look into a potential honest services issue regarding a Volusia County Republican Donor and Governor Crists dealings on a Land deal known as Stanaki. Stanaki Land deal in Volusia County could hurt McCollum. FDEP/ DSL was negotiating to buy land from major Republican donor and Volusia Based Developer Mori Hosseini in 2006. In derrogation of a court ruling (Case 05-001852) Crist granted development entitlements on the Land (FLAWC053106) while negotiations were in process. The donor was allowed to get new appraisals and raised the asking price from 8 to 16 million. Crist then had FDEP end negotiations and asked DCA to fund the purchase through a FCT Grant per McColums request. McCollum advised FCT to remove the previous appraisals from the files and allowed new appraisals to be used by the State. May 9 DCA approved funding the purchase at the higher per acre price. FCT Director Ken Reecy, said he was advised that the earlier FDEP appraisals and offers were “irrelevant” and was asked to remove them from the files prior to staff and Board review of the grant application (08-004-FF8). McCollum advises Departments on such matters and has ultimate authority on the process.
PLUS WE FIND OUT HE HAS GIVE $250 MILLION FLORIDA DOLLARS TO HIS CROOKED FRIENDS IN NYC TO LOSE IN AN APARTMENT SCAM!
http://www.postonpolitics.com/2009/09/state-l...
As much as I dislike Scott I agree with you 100% McCollum is a disaster.
I see Scott as crappy and McCollum as crappier and voted absantee ballot for Scott which was not easy to swallow but McCollum has been a do nothing disaster for the state and Florida has to end his reign of lies and CONSTANT self serving mentality...
BOTH political parties ,the whole state suffer with McCollum.
Term

Felda, FL

#17 Aug 24, 2010
I am still confused looks like all of the candidates----
Tara J Williams

Tampa, FL

#18 Aug 30, 2010
Coffee Drinker wrote:
I have to agree with you. His company was proven untrustworthy, and he had the gall to stand up and say he did not know anything about "shady" dealings. What was he doing when he went to work everyday? If one can't effectively know what is going on within ones company on a daily basis, how can one run a state? The guy is "underhanded"!! But I'm sure there will be some idiot out there who thinks it's a good idea to vote for him (probably the same idiot who voted for Obama).
mango

United States

#19 Aug 30, 2010
go rick scott
bushie

Port Charlotte, FL

#20 Aug 31, 2010
Hello wrote:
But,but thats the kind of people Fl. wants. Just look around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Levy"s Cleaning Service (May '14) Feb 11 Christopher Levy 3
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Nov '07) Feb 2 Angela Renee DeAn... 77
Rotonda West Association SUCKS! (Mar '07) Jan '18 hockeymom merrickny 1,584
North Port Police Suck! (Jul '07) Jan '18 Chicagomom 143
News High concentration of red tide in Lee County Dec '17 Cuban Coffee 13
News BOLO issued for shooting suspect (Feb '07) Dec '17 Sad 13
Helicopter in North Port (Jan '14) Dec '17 marg 18

Port Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Port Charlotte Mortgages