Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail

Talk Back: Post a comment on this article By Ken Amaro First Coast News JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Our first letter is from Blair who lives in Jacksonville and is not happy with his pest control company. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Connie Widmann

United States

#1 Dec 27, 2007
Garbage Pickup - after Christmas. I'm in the Arlington area, and my Tuesday Garbage Pickup is delayed till SATURDAY! That's all my weekly stinky garbage is left for another 4 days. Along with all my Christmas Wrapping. This time frame is unexceptable. Should have been the next day. Jax Beach has a two day a week pickup, great Idea. Who's Idea is this, wait till Saturday??? Please Help. Connie
Law abbiding
#2 Dec 27, 2007
Connie Widmann wrote:
Garbage Pickup - after Christmas. I'm in the Arlington area, and my Tuesday Garbage Pickup is delayed till SATURDAY! That's all my weekly stinky garbage is left for another 4 days. Along with all my Christmas Wrapping. This time frame is unexceptable. Should have been the next day. Jax Beach has a two day a week pickup, great Idea. Who's Idea is this, wait till Saturday??? Please Help. Connie
Please remember that when ever Garbage day is changed or missed you BY LAW are allowed to take youre garbage to any CITY DUMPSTER as in CITY owned Ball fields Police station dumpsters and anywhere that YOURE tax dollars pay FOR
been there

Jacksonville, FL

#3 Dec 27, 2007
We used to hve twice a week pick up. If I remember correctly, we gave it up for removing the tolls in Jacksonville. All in all, four days is not that terribly bad. At least you don't have to wait the entire week. I would be careful following law-abbiding's advice, especially without him giving the statute that allows you to do so. It is considered theft of services to use a dumpster that does not belong to you. Not saying he is wrong, but I would like to see that law before I go do something that would get me some silver bracelets and vacation time.
Law abbiding
#4 Dec 27, 2007
been there wrote:
We used to hve twice a week pick up. If I remember correctly, we gave it up for removing the tolls in Jacksonville. All in all, four days is not that terribly bad. At least you don't have to wait the entire week. I would be careful following law-abbiding's advice, especially without him giving the statute that allows you to do so. It is considered theft of services to use a dumpster that does not belong to you. Not saying he is wrong, but I would like to see that law before I go do something that would get me some silver bracelets and vacation time.
Good point/Call 630 city and ask thats what i did at thanksgiving
Rosalind

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Jan 4, 2008
I would like to say I will never attend another dance party-like event sponsored by blacksonville.com . at the SOHO bar and grill. The internet advertised that this New Years Event was going to be classy with strict dress code enforced and with door prizes,ballon drop and a buffet diner and breakfast. Let me began with the truth. I saw people with jeans partying next to people with suites girls grinding an the floor as on lookers watched. No Door prizes were given unless you consider party favors as a door prize) Had to pay for the champagne if you wanted to toast ( I did not see anyone come around with a tray of my free toast at midnight as the flyer stated) They gave you a ticket to go through a "buffet" which you had to surrender YOU COULD NOT GO BACK AGAIN concept of a buffet? NOT! The DJ(only one) played old stuff and not a lot of current hits I would have liked to jam to that new toons oh well. The only thing that was true on the advertised e-mail was that it was an event. Yes I can agree it was just that. For approx $75 each my husband and I could have stayed home. You wonder why blacks in Jacksonville do not support you more it's because of bad ethics like this event. I think that everyone there that paid over $100 for VIP tickets needs a refund. THERE WAS NO VIP SECTION'S have sent copies to "Ask Ken" on Channel 4 along with copies to the Better Business Bureau and a host friends and associates. This will not go un noticed.

DMB

“Nothing Sacred ”

Since: Aug 07

Bowie, MD

#7 Jan 4, 2008
What can we do about Waste Management leaving
half of your garbage behind?
That's what has happened to me twice now since christmas. It was all bagged properly..mind you there were about 10 big black bags and 2 trash cans this morning but that was due to them leaviing stuff behind last week.
I had to come out this morning in my work clothes and haul 7 bags of trash back off of the curb.
I think I'm gonna stand out there next Friday and make sure that they get it all.
Who can I call to complain?
craig

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Jan 4, 2008
Rosalind wrote:
I would like to say I will never attend another dance party-like event sponsored by blacksonville.com . at the SOHO bar and grill. The internet advertised that this New Years Event was going to be classy with strict dress code enforced and with door prizes,ballon drop and a buffet diner and breakfast. Let me began with the truth. I saw people with jeans partying next to people with suites girls grinding an the floor as on lookers watched. No Door prizes were given unless you consider party favors as a door prize) Had to pay for the champagne if you wanted to toast ( I did not see anyone come around with a tray of my free toast at midnight as the flyer stated) They gave you a ticket to go through a "buffet" which you had to surrender YOU COULD NOT GO BACK AGAIN concept of a buffet? NOT! The DJ(only one) played old stuff and not a lot of current hits I would have liked to jam to that new toons oh well. The only thing that was true on the advertised e-mail was that it was an event. Yes I can agree it was just that. For approx $75 each my husband and I could have stayed home. You wonder why blacks in Jacksonville do not support you more it's because of bad ethics like this event. I think that everyone there that paid over $100 for VIP tickets needs a refund. THERE WAS NO VIP SECTION'S have sent copies to "Ask Ken" on Channel 4 along with copies to the Better Business Bureau and a host friends and associates. This will not go un noticed.
you blacks are so racist and ready to jump the gun. The event was probably set up by a black, thats why it was run so poorly
Law abbiding
#9 Jan 4, 2008
DMB wrote:
What can we do about Waste Management leaving
half of your garbage behind?
That's what has happened to me twice now since christmas. It was all bagged properly..mind you there were about 10 big black bags and 2 trash cans this morning but that was due to them leaviing stuff behind last week.
I had to come out this morning in my work clothes and haul 7 bags of trash back off of the curb.
I think I'm gonna stand out there next Friday and make sure that they get it all.
Who can I call to complain?
Call 630 city
Rosalind

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Jan 4, 2008
craig wrote:
<quoted text>you blacks are so racist and ready to jump the gun. The event was probably set up by a black, thats why it was run so poorly
Craig I'm not black, nor do I appeciate your backwards, trailer mentality. Generalizations often are not valid, however if you have statistical data that warrants black venues being sub standard I welcome them
Rosalind

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Jan 4, 2008
We will be happy to dicuss matters further about the event...please give us
a call at your convenience...that we may address your
complaint(s).
Sincerely,
Jermyn Shannon-El
V.P. Of International Marketing
BLACKSONVILLE COMmunity NETwork
PS .Craig the above guy is who you need to email with your negative comment about his business and how it is contigent on his race
Sherron Powers

Atlanta, GA

#13 Apr 15, 2008
Lake City, FL Ken, When Bell South and Sprint join forces part of the union was, we were suppose to have DSL by 01-08. Now they are putting it in a sub-division across the street. I live on a main paved road and I still can't get DSL. AT&T have told me it is still not in my area. I have junction box in from of my home. An AT&T employee told me they were putting DSL in for the Endtimers (Christian group) I don't care, but I am across the street, maybe I should ask them If I bought the cable, would I get DSL then. It is not only me but other neighbors would like to have DSL. I live in Lake City and use AT&T for my home phone and dial up internet-which is slow. If I don't get DSL by 8-08 I will be getting another phone service and interent service. I am tired of AT&T lies. It is bad enough the government lies, but probably most companies do it. We just aren't aware of it. Thanks for letting blow off steam., Sherron
quan

Jacksonville, FL

#14 Apr 17, 2008
azalea ridge apartment are under unfair amngement. this manger over charge you . she alson has commet fraud by tring to collect for when i do not owe hud any thing she wants me to pay her 2,619.00 she is crazy. we also went to court before this for rent and she sent that to i don't owe this ladie what she is say.me and my for kids are homless staying with friends be hind all this.i wish some one would help me with a lawer so i can a roof over my kids head have a place we call ours again .
Earlene Mears

AOL

#15 Apr 20, 2008
Topic: Our children: What is wrong with the thinking of not installing seat belts in the school buses ? Now days children have around sixty students or more on one bus.... seats that fit four students and some students have to stand... Bus drivers that bring their own babies strapped in the baby car seats put behind the driver... but no seat belts on the bus... oh let me take that back...some do have seat belts but they are broken and rules are not enforced for a child to use them.... What is wrong with this picture ? Now already there has been two accidents with school buses ten children injured and five dead... Where is the thinking here...these are our children and they need protected..in all due respect to the school system in Florida I just know that someone can solve this problem..... Is your child at risk? Lets pull together as parents or Grandparents and start a fund raiser or plan a project to keep our children safe...so other states can follow... Now is the time...make the change.. Please.... Mrs. Earlene A. Mears
willie fabie

United States

#17 Jul 12, 2008
won contest from ampac financial group 1.4 mill they sent a check for 3920.00 they want me to deposit it then send 3800.00 back so they can send my 1.4 mill to me is this a scam
SCAM ALERT

AOL

#18 Jul 12, 2008
willie fabie wrote:
won contest from ampac financial group 1.4 mill they sent a check for 3920.00 they want me to deposit it then send 3800.00 back so they can send my 1.4 mill to me is this a scam
Not at all.

Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to have money.

And when the check turns out to be counterfeit and you're out over $4000, it'll be one less stupid person with money.
William

Taylorsville, NC

#19 Jul 12, 2008
willie fabie wrote:
won contest from ampac financial group 1.4 mill they sent a check for 3920.00 they want me to deposit it then send 3800.00 back so they can send my 1.4 mill to me is this a scam
Their check is no good but yours will be. It's a scam.
concession worker

Orange Park, FL

#21 Aug 11, 2008
i have been doing volunteer concession work for the jaguar and suns games. i cannot believe the amount of food that is thrown in the garbage at the end of each game. it seems to me that this could be donated to one or more of the homeless shelters. can you check into this? thanks
Alice Bailey

Jacksonville, FL

#22 Dec 2, 2008
What does a family do, when they can't do for themselves?
re:A family of five living in a trailer house that
is uninhabitable, rodant infestation, mold and mildew. Also contamination,structural damage, improper sanitation,and holes in floor. Three adults, 4yr. old, and 3month old infant, no heat, no adequate food storage or preparation capability. No immediate community services available in Nassua County. I can be reached at RUN-1106
Ms Wall

Green Cove Springs, FL

#23 Nov 22, 2010
I am so distraught, I have no idea what I need to do. I went out of town a few weeks ago and did not take my laptop. The people I was staying with has a computer. In the middle of the week I went into their computer and tried to log onto my Vystar account and could not. I had no info on me (acct #'s and such). I could not call anyone to help me at that time without any info. I was able to get into the acct on Sat and transfer money from one acct to another to pay my bills. At that time there were about 2 charges of overdrafts on there. I had to find more money so I went into my other acct in another bank, withdrew funds and deposited them. But to no avail because now there were about 10 withdrawls, of overdraft fees from $20 -$32. I can barely pay my bills now for I have been out of work for a year. With all of these fees, I cannot pay my bills at all. I stopped online pay to all my bills and cannot deposit any more for fear of more fees being applied to my acct. I have lost sleep over this. I do not know what I can do now. I have no money to make up for $308. in overdraft fees and the bills I needed to pay at that time. Could someone please help me?
Trey

Jacksonville, FL

#24 Nov 22, 2010
First of all you are terminally STUPID if you think you can solve a serious problem by posting on a three year old TOPIX thread asking the losers here for advice. Just fall down in front of a train if you can't think of a better resource than Topix. Jesus Christ!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Save on Kane furniture 11 hr Jimmydbbop 2
DEAN KIMBALL LIKES Married Women Dec 20 Bayfront 2
Good Veterinarian (Jan '13) Dec 19 bobbyroosco 4
On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) Dec 19 melissasawlkristof 86
LOWE'S in North Port Flrorida now in construction (Apr '08) Dec 16 Raven 36
Review: House Call Vet - Scott Wouk DVM (Oct '09) Dec 14 goldenluver 12
over-priced bad hair experience (May '11) Dec 6 Beverly 9
Port Charlotte Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Port Charlotte People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Port Charlotte News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Port Charlotte

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:01 am PST

NFL 7:01AM
Louis Murphy, Buccaneers strike contract extension
Bleacher Report 7:02 AM
Bucs Sign WR Louis Murphy to 3-Yr Extension
Bleacher Report 8:04 AM
Breaking Down Saints' Game Plan vs. Bucs
NBC Sports11:25 AM
Jets' Mangold, Harvin game-time decisions at Miami - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 8:30 AM
Saints vs. Buccaneers: Complete Week 17 Preview for New Orleans