Posted in the Port Charlotte Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“What's on your Hard Drive?”

Since: Jul 07

North Port, FL / Syracuse, NY

#1 Jan 21, 2009
Please describe your experiance w/ this company.
Bill

United States

#3 Jan 22, 2009
With Prices the way they , you would be crazy to build.

Since: Apr 09

Tampa, FL

#4 Apr 1, 2009
I worked as a sub contractor (cleaning) for Majestic for 2 years. They were awesome, but sometimes slow to pay. Somewhere along the way things went wrong which is unfortunate because this is a company J. George put his heart into. It has to suck to see his dream go down the drain because of some bad decisions. In the end, they owe me almost 2K which is small beans compared to $ owed to other subs...but still, I know I will never see it. I know there are many homeowners very, very upset as well....I feel bad for all of us on every level.
north port

Adrian, MI

#5 Apr 15, 2009
Working for this company was a look into how crooked people can be. I had to quit because there were no morals in this company. They would screw anyone they could to make a buck and still not even pay their employees.
North Port FL

North Port, FL

#6 Apr 21, 2009
Just wanted to let people know that their license has been taken away by the building deptment. I am sure they will appeal but the city is taking it to the state level. Yes the former employees did know that they were stealing money from the homeowners and not paying the subs. It has been nothing but a nightmare. I hope Joe and Jonh get everything they deserve,stealing from people.
Naive

United States

#7 Jun 17, 2009
Joe and John George should spend at least 10 years in jail. I have been waiting for two years for them to finish my home and it is still not finished. They should pay for the emotional and financial distress endured by innocent people who trusted them to build their dream home. It would be different if they would have been honest with the homeowners and gave us an opportunity to find another builder but they took our money and ran. Hell is waiting for both of them.

#8 Jul 20, 2009
lefleurdeblanc wrote:
I worked as a sub contractor (cleaning) for Majestic for 2 years. They were awesome, but sometimes slow to pay. Somewhere along the way things went wrong which is unfortunate because this is a company J. George put his heart into. It has to suck to see his dream go down the drain because of some bad decisions. In the end, they owe me almost 2K which is small beans compared to $ owed to other subs...but still, I know I will never see it. I know there are many homeowners very, very upset as well....I feel bad for all of us on every level.
Hun, sorry this happened to ya. ;-)
Frustrated and fed up

Harper Woods, MI

#9 Jan 25, 2010
Majestic built my so called dream home in 2007. Since then I have been trying to get a water leak issue fixed. From what I am hearing hear I should probably forget about it. It seems to me not even an attorney will be able to help me.
NorthPortSlugger

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#10 Jan 25, 2010
Hence, this is why it is important to keep the blog alive; let others know!
ReadPalmBeachPos t

Schaumburg, IL

#11 Mar 7, 2010
Looks like John George has gotten himself involved in his two cocky sons, Chris and Jeff's problems, i.e. "pain" clinics that they own, with doctors who have been doling out pain prescriptions by the hundred thousands. These two smart-ass 29-year-old sons of John have made their neighbors' lives a living nightmare with their arrogance and self-entitlement. They're also dealing in such wonderful areas such as a strip club and a sex toy store. Looks like daddy raised himself two full-blown narcissists who have no moral or ethical boundaries. Where do you think this came from?

#12 Mar 17, 2010
Is there any info on their case? As far as following the story - who's the judge?

#14 Mar 17, 2010
"Who cares if there are tires outside?" said George, who views himself as living "on the edge" and admits he isn't good at following rules.
former employee

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#15 May 8, 2010
i have worked for this company for over 10 years. i can assure anyone that john george is a honest and giving person.
the company provided health insurance, 401k, and vacations.
the skill levels of the owners ie great, however, the skill levels of some of the subs was not as good. even the same subcontractor would have different crews with different skill levels. during the boom, they held builders hostage.
any foolish about chinese drywall is stupid. everyone can remember what was lead paint in baby toys, does that mean the parents should be responsible?
how about poison in dog food, do you think owners wanted to poison their dogs?
builders ordered drywall, they used the same suppliers, and had no idea of any chinese drywall problem, ps- is was not any cheaper

#16 May 9, 2010
former employee wrote:
- is was not any cheaper
Well said former-employee... As a super during the building-boom, I would have to still lay-blame on the builder and legislation. My job would have been much easier if we (I) didn't have to authorize pay these fools (the bad subs) when they were complete. I believe I was pretty through in checking prior to approval, but sometimes you miss things... getting them to come back after they were paid was difficult, even the good subs. They were busy. I always wanted 25% held back until the Home Owner was satisfied. This would have raised the bar, and for the subs that came and went; at least, I'd have something in my budget to pay sub B for sub A's incomplete or botched work. So back to why the builder was to blame, they didn't want to pay twice and subs don't work free; the 25% left in the budget would have hindered bad-practices and allowed the work to be completed and paid for. MTB SnipURL.com/SluggerBlog
WHERE NIGHTMARES COME TRU

Stuart, FL

#17 Jul 26, 2010
building your dream home is a joke. They are no different than that sleazy car salesman, once they have your money, they can care less. My house was built by these guys and i had nothing but issues trying to have them follow up on work that needed to be done.
RIPPED OFF

Port Salerno, FL

#18 Sep 17, 2010
WHERE NIGHTMARES COME TRU wrote:
building your dream home is a joke. They are no different than that sleazy car salesman, once they have your money, they can care less. My house was built by these guys and i had nothing but issues trying to have them follow up on work that needed to be done.
Majestic took over 2 years to build my home. they never came back to do the final repairs, I still have blue tape where repairs are needed on the windows and some walls. And to top it all off we have Chinese Drywall. Purchased March 2005 completed July of 2007 and found out it had Chinese drywall in July 2009. 2 years of being sick in the home and having multiple appliance failures. No help from the builder. Port saint lucie, Fl
He deserves what he gets

Lakeland, FL

#19 Oct 25, 2010
You want me to tell you about John George? He built my house and by the time construction was done the value went up. He told me that he wanted to sell it and pay me back my deposit because he can make 40% more than what he made with me. My tiles in the kitchen and TV room are cracked and he never fixed them...no one came by. I don't think he knows you reap what you so, and the sins of the father visits his children all the way down
tont

United States

#20 May 27, 2011
Does anyone know when he goes To court for his crime? He needs to pay for what he has done to us.
swellands construction

Fort Myers, FL

#21 Jul 26, 2011
You are a stupid person for even trying to justify them,your probably one of the employees that keep lying to me on the phone about my check. how much money did you steal!
former employee wrote:
i have worked for this company for over 10 years. i can assure anyone that john george is a honest and giving person.
the skill levels of the owners ie great, however, the skill levels of some of the subs was not as good. even the same subcontractor would have different crews with different skill levels. during the boom, they held builders hostage.
any foolish about chinese drywall is stupid. everyone can remember what was lead paint in baby toys, does that mean the parents should be responsible?
builders ordered drywall, they used the same suppliers, and had no idea of any chinese drywall problem, ps- is was not any cheaper
junkie boy

Fort Myers, FL

#22 May 7, 2012
former employee wrote:
IS DADDY MY PILL DEALER NOW THAT DUMB & DUMBER ARE IN PRISON?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Port Charlotte Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Disturbance in front of Bayfront Hospital on 8/... Aug 24 Dr Schmitty 1
Indians ruining our town (Jun '15) Aug 22 Wamo 5
North Port Police Suck! (Jul '07) Aug 22 Ted E 140
Tuscany Isle , New Homes any advice Aug 21 Thomas 1
Derick with silver porsche (Jan '15) Aug 13 Anyone 10
News Cape Coral councilman wants investigation into ... Aug 12 Well Duuhh 3
Weed in North Port Aug 9 Newbie 1

Port Charlotte Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance